2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Andres125sx

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Cold Fussion wrote:
12 Apr 2017, 18:31
Clearly I don't understand marketing because to me having your star driver actively not representing your brand at the most prestigious event for F1 is not positive exposure.
Hint: he´ll not represent the brand at the most prestigious event for F1, but he´ll represent the brand at one of the most prestigious event for US motorsports, wich also is one of the most prestigious motorsport event worldwide

Maybe on a different season with a competitive McLaren this would make no sense, but with current situation they´ll not be able to fight for anything serious in Monaco, so fighting for the victory at a different but also very prestigious event is, IMO, a great and smart move. Alonso will fight for the triple crown wich is his target, McLaren exposing theirselves with their return to the USA with a competitive package when they need it more than ever, and Honda proving they can make winning engines. I can´t see any looser here, it´s a win-win for all parts involved. At least if they succed :)

Andres125sx

Schuttelberg wrote:
12 Apr 2017, 22:56
Looks like McHonda are throwing everything at it to keep Alonso happy!
Because that´s the reason both McLaren and Honda are involved in motorsports, to keep some drivers happy, they don´t need any success for theirselves, not even nowadays, right? :mrgreen:

Noetiepoerker26

Vandoorne's engine just stopped working, again. Not yet clear what kind of issue it is.
Two stroke: a little more than half the power, twice as often.

diffuser

As much as I'm not a fan of Monaco, it's more of a parade than a race. I do enjoy Quali and will miss seeing how well the McLaren chassis(with Alonso) is doing compared to others.

I don't expect that Button,for various reasons, will be able to get as much as Alonso out of the car.

Alonso Fan

Ah yes, back at bahrain. I was looking forward to this race as its more of a chassis track than people like to think. I expect them to be relatively competitive here compared to Australia and china. Alonso 8th in practice and although surely that would have been 10th had Merc done some good laps. Nevertheless, having the same time as a force India with an engine 100hp down isn't bad at all

Of course its fp1 and times aren't representative etc etc etc, but I've got a good feeling about this one. Hopefully they sort out stoff's issue and give him a car as good as Alonso's reliability wise at least. I really want to see what he can do!
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

fellowhoodlums
fellowhoodlums

I think Button will do well in Monaco but can't help feel disappointed that he isn't being used in the Bahrain test for familiarity with the new car. Says he is doing simulator runs before Monaco.

Seem's like a lack of commitement and prep to me. These are different cars to last year and the other drivers have got plenty km's under them now.

tonmeister
tonmeister

fellowhoodlums wrote:
14 Apr 2017, 16:14
These are different cars to last year and the other drivers have got plenty km's under them now.
That´s a bit of a stretch...

shady
shady

17 years experience doesnt evaporate..I actually expect an excellent showing from him. The motivation from his career had waned, I think being outside of the schedule and being told where/what/when may have worked to his favor. Of course being out of a high stress environment can dull the senses quickly but hes only a couple months out essentially.

Alonso Fan

Easy now
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

etusch

I have a feeling that Alo will get his first points here.
But I am more excited than the race and looking forward to see post race test to see new engine's performans

GoranF1
GoranF1

etusch wrote:
14 Apr 2017, 18:37
I have a feeling that Alo will get his first points here.
But I am more excited than the race and looking forward to see post race test to see new engine's performans
Some reports(As spain) saying there will be new pu at the test and some reports say not...
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

Is Alonso's race sim available?I can't find it and F1 app won't let me replay the session.

Egresi Tamás
Egresi Tamás

Bill_Kar wrote:
14 Apr 2017, 20:10
Is Alonso's race sim available?I can't find it and F1 app won't let me replay the session.

Macklaren
Macklaren

Egresi Tamás wrote:
14 Apr 2017, 20:28
Bill_Kar wrote:
14 Apr 2017, 20:10
https://www.kephost.com/images/2017/04/14/gzf.png
These times almost seem magical when you consider the supposed 100hp deficit to the other two cars

ollandos
ollandos

very good times if its true from alonso matching on sector 2 the top teams ..i think the track with high brake zone at the end of s/f straight and after first 3 corners straight help for not loose so much on sector 1 ..and the car its not only 100hp less from top engines...the gap its 130-160hp ..on quali mod ..with mix of downforce levels...renault have 45-60hp less from mercedes and 60-80 more than honda ..its my calculate