2017 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 14-16

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vladimir
Vladimir

Re: 2017 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 14-16

Vladimir wrote:
15 Apr 2017, 22:40
GoranF1 wrote:
15 Apr 2017, 19:18
Vladimir wrote:
15 Apr 2017, 18:58
Well done Botas, great result for him.
Ferarri will be much harder opponent in race for sure.
Renault make steady progress, Hulk show how much they improve from last year.
Hope for first points tomorrow.
Imagine what would Alonso do in that Renault today...

Alonso :) will probably be in P5 fights. Imagine shock transfer next season and 3rd wdc with Renault. What a dream ;-)

Code: Select all

Alonso in talks about 2018 F1 Renault return 
Is this dream come true [-o<

Vladimir
Vladimir

Sorry I don't know how to copy link.

F1NAC

Vladimir wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 12:27

Code: Select all

[url=link]Title[/url]

lebesset
lebesset

let's face facts, ferrari look to have a real shot at winning with these temperatures so the most important thing in qually was to get bottas up on the front row with hamilton

so logically optimise hamilton for the race and bottas for qually
which driver wins the race is irrelevant and having both cars up front gives the best chance of one of them doing so

notice how pleased hamilton was with an all mercedes front row ?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Wass85
Wass85

lebesset wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 13:04
let's face facts, ferrari look to have a real shot at winning with these temperatures so the most important thing in qually was to get bottas up on the front row with hamilton

so logically set optimise hamilton for the race and bottas for qually
which driver wins the race is irrelevant and having both cars up front gives the best chance of one of them doing so

notice how pleased hamilton was with an all mercedes front row ?
A hell of a lot of assuming going off there, there's no evidence whatsoever to say Bottas is set up for qualifying and Hamilton the race.

Phil

Well, to be fair to Bottas (and Vettel), they were both close in both Melbourne and China too.

Hamilton set the pace during his first QF run on all 3 tracks so far. Then on the 2nd run, Vettel and Bottas beat that time, but it was Hamilton who pulled out another better lap that brought him pole at Australia and China. If he had made a mistake, like here in Bahrain, he would not have had pole in those races.

Bahrain was different:

- the gap to Ferrari was larger - so large that neither Ferrari even came close to even Mercedes 1st Q3 run

- Hamilton didnt deliver on his 2nd Q3 run. Neither did Vettel, but he was too far off pole anyway.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

PlatinumZealot

F1Krof wrote:
15 Apr 2017, 23:42
So you're telling me that this year Red Bull is slower than last year's Merc? With all the added shenanigans and downforce and power etc...

Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 1:29.545 [2017] +0.052
Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1:29.493 [2016]

WTF? Something is different about this track. We haven't seen the 3-5 second quicker margin we've been promised. Why is that, does anybody have any idea?

I think this is a traction circuit, it doesn't have many high speed corners. With the added extra weight 28KG+ and the fact that cars are more trickier to handle due to Pirelli's harder compounds, it nullifies all the extra load that cars generate. Or I'm wrong.

Ideeas?
It is analogous to a dexterity track methinks. Light weight and agility wins over big downforce and big tyres.
The surface has a lot of granite in it so grip is from surface roughness vs friction is higher than most other tracks. It is like meshing of gears; you don't need to push them together more than a certain amount to make them mesh properly and no more turning force will be transfered the more you squeeze them together. So for the tyres it's possible that additional cornering speed versus vehicle weight has reached some sort of limit.... Only a hypothesis..
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

PlatinumZealot

Wass85 wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 02:10
I'm not trolling on Lewis but the hype about him so far this season has been way overboard, I could name at least 5 drivers who would have got pole in that Merc yesterday.
Why bother joing f1technical? This is not the place to pollute with fanboi driver bashing. Worst of all, your bashing is baseless. You
somehow overlooked Palmer and Eriksson to bash a top performing driver which makes no sense but is not entirely unexpected. If you are going to take a dig, at least do it when it's justified. It might have gone unnoticed too. But it's embarrassingly clear you have a stubborn agenda.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

PlatinumZealot

Vladimir wrote:
If its a youtube video link.. Just copy and paste the full address in the post editor then highlight it and click th youtube button in the posting tools section above the post.

For a regular web page just copy and paste the address in the post editor.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

CLKGTR
CLKGTR

Alonso changed ICE, TC, MGU-H and MGU-K - is he going to start from the pitlane because he breaked parc ferme rules? Same goes for Sainz who changed all six elements of PU.

Juzh

CLKGTR wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 14:19
Alonso changed ICE, TC, MGU-H and MGU-K - is he going to start from the pitlane because he breaked parc ferme rules? Same goes for Sainz who changed all six elements of PU.
It replaced parts are of the same specification than the old ones, then they can start on the grid.

nevill3

I wonder which engine Alonso will use, is the upgraded engine available.

http://www.fia.com/file/55662/download?token=SExgdrXd
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Wass85
Wass85

PlatinumZealot wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 13:57
Wass85 wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 02:10
I'm not trolling on Lewis but the hype about him so far this season has been way overboard, I could name at least 5 drivers who would have got pole in that Merc yesterday.
Why bother joing f1technical? This is not the place to pollute with fanboi driver bashing. Worst of all, your bashing is baseless. You
somehow overlooked Palmer and Eriksson to bash a top performing driver which makes no sense but is not entirely unexpected. If you are going to take a dig, at least do it when it's justified. It might have gone unnoticed too. But it's embarrassingly clear you have a stubborn agenda.
Calm yourself down pal, being a Hamilton fan I'm disappointed in his performance so far this season.

Wass85
Wass85

I see there is no driver threads so I apologise for commenting on their rivalry.

bdr529

Vladimir wrote:
I think this is the link your looking for
http://www.thisisf1.com/2017/04/16/alon ... lt-return/