Kubica to return to racing .....

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Ugh.. not another Kubica thread.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

hollus

Why not? The title is crystal clear, so...
Rivals, not enemies.

Manoah2u

PlatinumZealot wrote:Ugh.. not another Kubica thread.
if you don't like it, you don't need to put a ring on it.
that means, keep walking, and the people who are excited by achievements of former F1 drivers
that went through complicated situations and then actually still perform can share their enthusiasm here
and not spoil Renault threads or such.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Henne

Not sure if this was posted already somewhere...

Robert tested a GP3 car last week.

http://www.thisisf1.com/2017/04/24/afte ... -f1-debut/

Scorpaguy

Kubica...Kubica...Kubica!!!

Just to tork off the haters. However, RK was all set to do the WEC season for Bykolles...then quits during a pre-season test (which was going quite poorly). Hmmmm, it seemed a good way to get seat time in a top-level FIA single seater series.

What gives??? Was Bykolles that bad of a team?

WEC needed RK...RK needed a ride (and will not get one in F1). It seemed a perfect marriage. Does anyone know what really caused the split?

rscsr

Scorpaguy wrote:
26 Apr 2017, 05:20
What gives??? Was Bykolles that bad of a team?
They are usually that bad. Barely faster than the LMP2 cars (in Silverstone they were slower than the LMP2 cars) and break down all the time.

Henne

I think Robert should let the idea go of getting another go at Formula 1. Yes, he might do a test here or there, but I don't think he'd be able to do a complete season and be competitive in every weekend.

He can have great times in GT3 or LMP cars though, I really liked the idea him getting into WEC. But probably even those cars where to fast for his arm to work with?

He had bad luck with that rally crash, but to see him back in F1 after all those years... Not sure if a team will take him on.
He surely would have been a Championship contender, but that's racing. I do hope he returns to some series on a competitive level though. Always loved to see him race.

wogx

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

zonk

Kubica to test renault E20 tomorow in Valencia
http://www.italiaracing.net/mnewsin.asp ... 8110&cat=1

Belatti

I was talking with him a couple of month ago at Barcelona. Basically he can drive any car, his problem is not force but space. He needs a device to grip to the steering in another way a common driver does and it simply doesnt fit in a narrow F1 cockpit. Think of it as if you have to grab the steering wheel with your wrist-hand at 90° instead of the typical 0° drivers use.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

FW17

Couple of issues

No super licence

Not sure if he can compete in gp2/f2

It would be cool if he takes over Alonso's car for the rest of the Indy season, but there has been no inclination towards the series from RK

zonk

The licence is issued to drivers who have met criteria of success in junior motorsport categories, or in exceptional circumstances, those who have not met those criteria but have demonstrated "outstanding ability in single-seater formula cars" and achieved 300 kilometres (190 miles) of running in a Formula One car.

bdr529

FW17 wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 15:05
Couple of issues

No super licence

Not sure if he can compete in gp2/f2

It would be cool if he takes over Alonso's car for the rest of the Indy season, but there has been no inclination towards the series from RK
Kubica already had a super licence at one time, so I wouldn't think that the new rules applied to him, and as long as he was physically able to meet the requirements in that respect, I think that he could just reapply

It would be nice to see him come back, even if it was for one year

santos

It would be nice, but i doubt it... it's been five or six years since he had the crash. Then if wasn't fit for the cars in the past... how can he be fit for this new cars that are harder to drive? If they want to replace Palmer, there are drivers with more experience in recent cars.