[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
rjsa

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

The MVRC site is down. You guys really going to publish the new challenge when I'm ten days away from my workstation, right?

rjsa

It's back. My bad.

LVDH

When I read this I almost had a heart attack. Are you crazy?

rjsa

Anxious.

CAEdevice

rjsa wrote:
13 May 2017, 19:11
Anxious.
Me too :)

LVDH

Yes, me too. We are getting close. I guess the next email from Chris will mark the new rules and I am about to release the new software. And there is a geometry generator getting ready as well. That one will be very useful for the intro class.

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:
15 May 2017, 12:04
Yes, me too. We are getting close. I guess the next email from Chris will mark the new rules and I am about to release the new software. And there is a geometry generator getting ready as well. That one will be very useful for the intro class.
I am so curious about the new software and the new mesh settings.

Alonso Fan

LVDH wrote:
I simply cannot wait any longer...

SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

CAEdevice

Alonso Fan wrote:
16 May 2017, 00:33
LVDH wrote:
The launch of your cars is the best without any doubt =D>

CAEdevice

I would like to point out that the standard installation of OF 1606+ on Windows doesn't work anymore after upgrading to Windows 10 Creators Update.

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\ESI\OpenFOAM\1606>"C:\Program Files (x86)\ESI\OpenFOAM\1606\Windows\Scripts\of_start_container.exe" -Arguments "C:\Program Files\Docker Toolbox\;C:\Program Files\Git\bin"
Starting "default"...
Machine "default" is already running.
Error checking TLS connection: Error checking and/or regenerating the certs: There was an error validating certificates for host "192.168.99.100:2376": open C:\Users\Amministratore\.docker\machine\machines\default\server.pem: Impossibile trovare il file specificato.
You can attempt to regenerate them using 'docker-machine regenerate-certs [name]'.
Be advised that this will trigger a Docker daemon restart which will stop running containers.

An error occurred trying to connect: Post http://%2F%2F.%2Fpipe%2Fdocker_engine/v1.23/containers/of_plus_1606/start: open //./pipe/docker_engine: Impossibile trovare il file specificato.
Error: failed to start containers: of_plus_1606
An error occurred trying to connect: Post http://%2F%2F.%2Fpipe%2Fdocker_engine/v1.23/containers/of_plus_1606/exec: open //./pipe/docker_engine: Impossibile trovare il file specificato.
Stopping "default"...

It looks there is problem with Docker (and a small issue with VirtualBox too)
Last edited by CAEdevice on 16 May 2017, 19:00, edited 2 times in total.

Alonso Fan

CAEdevice wrote:
16 May 2017, 15:34
Alonso Fan wrote:
16 May 2017, 00:33
LVDH wrote:
The launch of your cars is the best without any doubt =D>
Thanks, you are too kind :)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

CAEdevice

Hi, what about the calendar? How many races have been planned? I would not mind more time between the races than last year.

Alonso Fan

CAEdevice wrote:
27 May 2017, 14:47
Hi, what about the calendar? How many races have been planned? I would not mind more time between the races than last year.
I would also welcome more time between races
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

LVDH

Hi guys,
there is a new calender and I worked on the homepage. The plan is to finish and test the new software next Wednesday. So with some luck I will make everything available next weekend. As soon as Chris and Richard agree on the proposed calender, I can release it before publishing the new homepage. One small thing that will be different is that I have closed the old support forum. It is only there to not loose the gathered knowledge. There will be a new system similar to Stack Overflow. I hope it will be a bit better and one thing that will for sure be better is that I will get an email notification when someone posts a new question. This should improve response times.
And we will probably have a new team from Southampton. Looking forward to Coburn Racing.
Hang tight and don´t worry, as we will probably start July 9th and end December 10th there will be more time this year, although I am bit disappointed about me because we are once more starting a bit late into the year.

CAEdevice

Thanks for the update and for improving the challenge.

Welcome to the new team!

I can't wait to see the cars (and to know which layout the teams will choose).