Sauber C36 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
sauberfan

Re: Sauber C36 Ferrari

Already the new rear wing?
https://twitter.com/Berrageiz/status/862332112204115968 Here is a better picture:

ScrewCaptain27

Engine installation:
Here's the 2016 car for comparison:
Front brakes:
All photos via AMuS
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

ScrewCaptain27

Sauber C36 Ferrari

By the way, is this car using the 2016 gearbox, the 2017 or a bespoke version?

"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

sauberfan

"It has brought a new rear wing, which it evaluated during the post-Bahrain Grand Prix test, along with new front wing flaps and new front brake ducts.

The rest of the package, which will include a new floor, is set to be bolted onto the car at the following race in Monaco."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... ge-delayed

skitnik

I think they are not only going to have a new floor at Monaco, but also an s duct. since i beleive jörg zander stated at AMuS that "a S duct already exists on paper, we expect it to be on the car at the gpx in barcelona".

I Really look forward to monaco.

Trocola

skitnik wrote:
15 May 2017, 22:44
I think they are not only going to have a new floor at Monaco, but also an s duct. since i beleive jörg zander stated at AMuS that "a S duct already exists on paper, we expect it to be on the car at the gpx in barcelona".

I Really look forward to monaco.
Sauber was the first team to use the S duct and nearly the only team that do not use it now. I never understood that

sauberfan

Seems like they have quite good development programme for this season and the needed resources to incorporate it:
Q: Following that philosophy you will have to introduce more chassis updates. When is the next one?

MK: Major parts that should also lead to a performance gain are planned for the Monaco weekend. After that the next ones should be Austria, Silverstone and Budapest.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/inte ... a-kal.html

skitnik

sauberfan wrote:
16 May 2017, 14:30
Seems like they have quite good development programme for this season and the needed resources to incorporate it:
Q: Following that philosophy you will have to introduce more chassis updates. When is the next one?

MK: Major parts that should also lead to a performance gain are planned for the Monaco weekend. After that the next ones should be Austria, Silverstone and Budapest.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/inte ... a-kal.html

Indeed - if they can keep up their schedule. don't forget. the monaco update isn't planned, it's more like they couldn't get the barcelona one done right on time, so they postponed some of the parts for monaco.
Never the less, i was pleased to see them develop this years car from race to race on some parts.

sauberfan

Sauber brings a new floor to Monaco. I think this one (see picture above) is the old one.

ScrewCaptain27

Interesting.Image
- Serj Tankian

sauberfan

Thats a picture from a few weeks ago. The wholes are already there. I think we havent yet seen the new floor!

Morteza

Via @ScarbsTech
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare