2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GoranF1

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

marvin78 wrote:
19 May 2017, 14:05
That's a hell of an argument....
What about 1.5 sec difference in BCN quali whit no reliability problems for Vandoorne?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

diffuser

I think Monoco is a lost opportunity for McLaren to prove they have the 3ird best chassis. I do agree that without ALO at Monoco there is nobody there to exploit the max from the car. I agree Button will be rusty (he still wasn't at ALO Level). There is plenty of evidence that shows Vandoorne has alot of work to do to fill even Button's shoes.

Oh and don't forget the Grid penalty.

marvin78

GoranF1 wrote:
19 May 2017, 14:14
marvin78 wrote:
What about 1.5 sec difference in BCN quali whit no reliability problems for Vandoorne?
I don't like comparison. You NEVER know, what's going on. Comparison between driver is a thing for fanboys. I'm not a fan of any driver (I don't understand how one can be fan of another one. That's a concept I don't understand). So I am more relaxed on racedays. Perhaps I even see things different. What I don't see, is that you could compare a driver with multiple years of F1 experience with a newbee. That's ridiculous.

GoranF1

marvin78 wrote:
19 May 2017, 14:40
GoranF1 wrote:
marvin78 wrote:
I don't like comparison. You NEVER know, what's going on. Comparison between driver is a thing for fanboys. I'm not a fan of any driver (I don't understand how one can be fan of another one. That's a concept I don't understand). So I am more relaxed on racedays. Perhaps I even see things different. What I don't see, is that you could compare a driver with multiple years of F1 experience with a newbee. That's ridiculous.
i disagree on your points of view 100%

kaepernickus

GoranF1 wrote:
Remember that one race where Alonso got out-qualified by Hamilton/Button/... with a difference of x.x seconds.
They have to be on a much higher level compared to Alonso.

That's not an argument at all...

GoranF1

kaepernickus wrote:
19 May 2017, 14:56
GoranF1 wrote:
Remember that one race where Alonso got out-qualified by Hamilton/Button/... with a difference of x.x seconds.
They have to be on a much higher level compared to Alonso.

That's not an argument at all...
ok...that 1 race, but ATM it is 5-0 for Alonso vs VAN, yes its stil early and there was reliability problems but by the end of year what will happen?

etusch

GoranF1 wrote:
19 May 2017, 10:29
Alonso Fan wrote:
19 May 2017, 09:25
etusch wrote:
19 May 2017, 08:36
I wonder that can we see mclaren as third fastest at monaco. A feeling say that 1 Redbull or ferrari third mclaren and 4th merc
I think they'll be p7 and below. Realistically they cannot match the top 3 teams even at Monaco. Last year they just barely did it
No way.....what you are saying would be the case whit Alonso on board.
Button will be rusty and Vandoorne is just not the level of Alonso(despite his junior record)
After Monaco i am afraid people will bash the Mclaren chassis allthough whit Alonso it would be clear best of the rest in MC.
If Button will do a good lap like P7-P8 and Vandoorne can't, we can say that Mclaren chassis is in realy good condition and Vandoorne must work much more harder. Next year Mclaren can send Vandoorne to sauber as team mate of mutsushita ( I could be write wrong ) and Alo-But team again at Mclaren.

ftft

Vandoorne is a talented driver, but he's having some difficulty adapting his 'feeder series'-driving style to the car.
Stoffel's very late on the brakes, and keeps his foot slightly on the brakes when already in a corner (ALO is already fully of the brakes at that time).

The fact that the car was tailored around Alonso doesn't make things easier. Alonso usually attacks a corner with a lot of initial steering lock, so he tends to brake a little bit earlier than most F1-drivers by default.

Give him some time.

Alonso Fan

ftft wrote:
19 May 2017, 17:08
Vandoorne is a talented driver, but he's having some difficulty adapting his 'feeder series'-driving style to the car.
Stoffel's very late on the brakes, and keeps his foot slightly on the brakes when already in a corner (ALO is already fully of the brakes at that time).

The fact that the car was tailored around Alonso doesn't make things easier. Alonso usually attacks a corner with a lot of initial steering lock, so he tends to brake a little bit earlier than most F1-drivers by default.

Give him some time.
I thought he braked later? that's what other driver say
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

ftft

Alonso Fan wrote:
19 May 2017, 19:55
ftft wrote:

Give him some time.
Depends who you compare to, and not always easy to judge without the full telemetry data - but Lewis for example brakes a lot later than Fernando.

etusch

ftft wrote:
19 May 2017, 20:56
Alonso Fan wrote:
19 May 2017, 19:55
ftft wrote:

Give him some time.
Depends who you compare to, and not always easy to judge without the full telemetry data - but Lewis for example brakes a lot later than Fernando.
This also tide how good the car's brakes and they have to gain times.

Andres125sx

marvin78 wrote:
Comparison between driver is a thing for fanboys.
Agree about the comparison between drivers, but disagree about the comparison between teammates, that´s the only real comparison between drivers in F1 wich makes sense, and even the teams compare their drivers perfomances :wink:

etusch

Andres125sx wrote:
20 May 2017, 12:41
marvin78 wrote:
Comparison between driver is a thing for fanboys.
Agree about the comparison between drivers, but disagree about the comparison between teammates, that´s the only real comparison between drivers in F1 wich makes sense, and even the teams compare their drivers perfomances :wink:
Agree with a question mark. How a team interest with a driver ( which is number one for the team ) makes things easy for him with the car and if team don't care so much ( that is not as much as no 1 ) other driver ( no 2 ) he could be a bit unsuccesful with the car. And WDC is everytime more important for everyone.

Andres125sx

Off course, but all F1 drivers have had to cope with that, as all of them were rookies at some point.

Difference is some manage to make a good job even with a car wich is not designed for them, while others are not able to make a good job and never earn the privilege of a car designed for his driving style.

And then there´s the luck. When some driver is unlucky enough to be a teammate of a top driver his career will be much more difficult (Vandoorne with Alonso or Sainz with Verstappen) compared to some other whose teammate is not that good so he can shine much easier (for example Stroll with Massa or Wehrlein with Ericsson)

Anycase first evaluation parameter for any F1 driver is always the comparison with his teammate

SameSame

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... for-monaco

Main points:

Great correlation between CFD, wind-tunnel and track for new parts in Barca (95%).

Second half of Barca upgrade package for Monaco.