2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Just_a_fan

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Wow, Hammy-haters out in force today. Another thread ruined by fanboy crud.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Schuttelberg

Just_a_fan wrote:
28 May 2017, 20:43
?
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

basti313

Schuttelberg wrote:
28 May 2017, 20:58
Just_a_fan wrote:
?
Ham was not praised. #-o
Don`t russel the hamster!

Schuttelberg

basti313 wrote:
28 May 2017, 20:59
Schuttelberg wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
?
Ham was not praised. #-o
He had an average weekend. What's their to praise?
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

basti313

Schuttelberg wrote:
28 May 2017, 21:01
basti313 wrote:
28 May 2017, 20:59
Schuttelberg wrote:

?
Ham was not praised. #-o
He had an average weekend. What's their to praise?
Alo, Vet and Ham are always to praise. You should know that, you are long enough on this forums.

Just_a_fan

Schuttelberg wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
?
Wasn't aimed at you - was all of the people having a dig about his fitness etc. and how that must be why the car is wrong blah blah.

basti313

Just_a_fan wrote:
28 May 2017, 21:35
Schuttelberg wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
?
Wasn't aimed at you - was all of the people having a dig about his fitness etc. and how that must be why the car is wrong blah blah.
So discussing Ham and his performance is not allowed at all? Especially the claim about his fitness was backed with background on his trainer, so not completely unfounded and the reply was well on the point. Beating it down with "fanboyism" claims is a bit poor.

Just_a_fan

basti313 wrote:
28 May 2017, 21:47
Just_a_fan wrote:
28 May 2017, 21:35
Schuttelberg wrote:

?
So discussing Ham and his performance is not allowed at all? Especially the claim about his fitness was backed with background on his trainer, so not completely unfounded and the reply was well on the point. Beating it down with "fanboyism" claims is a bit poor.
The comments are obviously bashing, not discussion. It just ruins yet another thread.

Schuttelberg

Is it just me or does anyone else find Hamilton's claim of Vettel being No.1 @ Ferrari an extremely hypocritical statement? There is no factual evidence to prove that Ferrari preferred Seb over Kimi, but there have been team orders @ Mercedes?

JonoNic

Schuttelberg wrote:
28 May 2017, 22:39
Is it just me or does anyone else find Hamilton's claim of Vettel being No.1 @ Ferrari an extremely hypocritical statement? There is no factual evidence to prove that Ferrari preferred Seb over Kimi, but there have been team orders @ Mercedes?
I agree with you. Hamilton's statement at the previous race of keeping this fight clean is out of the window. We will start hearing a few more jabs after this.
Always find the gap then use it.

Schuttelberg

JonoNic wrote:
28 May 2017, 22:42
Schuttelberg wrote:
I agree with you. Hamilton's statement at the previous race of keeping this fight clean is out of the window. We will start hearing a few more jabs after this.
=D>

I have to say, from a personal POV, Lewis' personality isn't half as endearing as his driving talent.

marmer

Schuttelberg wrote:
28 May 2017, 22:45
JonoNic wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:
=D>

I have to say, from a personal POV, Lewis' personality isn't half as endearing as his driving talent.
he has a very different personality to most of his audience. casual fans seem to like him but i do wonder just how many of his twitter and instgram followers actually watch f1 and not just get on the hype train when he is doing well. in a he is cool lets follow him way without any actual interest in racing

Jolle

marmer wrote:
28 May 2017, 22:54
Schuttelberg wrote:
JonoNic wrote:

=D>

he has a very different personality to most of his audience. casual fans seem to like him but i do wonder just how many of his twitter and instgram followers actually watch f1 and not just get on the hype train when he is doing well. in a he is cool lets follow him way without any actual interest in racing
Having a big following might actually make him faster... bear with me:

More fans/followers/audience = more marketing value = more money = more money for more engineers = a faster car = the goal in F1.

marmer

Jolle wrote:
28 May 2017, 22:59
marmer wrote:
28 May 2017, 22:54
Schuttelberg wrote:

=D>

Having a big following might actually make him faster... bear with me:

More fans/followers/audience = more marketing value = more money = more money for more engineers = a faster car = the goal in F1.
true in a large sense but at a top team the amount of money is basically pointless. redbull, Ferrari and Mercedes have enough money to develop the car in anyway they want at that end of the day it comes down to talent.
merc don't decide if they can afford to develop a front wing. they pick a design of most likely a few and go down a development avenue money doesn't really come in to it. if it doesn't work they go in a different direction. a force inda has to get it right so if he raced for them then he would improve the car with his money

Jordan44

I find it an incredible a technically minded forum are more interested in bashing the driver (and using completely unfounded nonsense about Hamilton's fitness to explain it) rather than recognising Mercedes have a serious issue where they're not always able to get the tyres working under certain conditions. Bottas has also been a victim this season.

I suggest you have a rethink if you think that him only having the pace for P10 in qualifying is basically all on his shoulders. We all saw how many times he had to stop it from going into the barriers. That is NOT characteristic of a Mercedes or a car that is working well.