Kubica to return to racing .....

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zonk

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

zonk

diffuser

santos wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 16:01
It would be nice, but i doubt it... it's been five or six years since he had the crash. Then if wasn't fit for the cars in the past... how can he be fit for this new cars that are harder to drive? If they want to replace Palmer, there are drivers with more experience in recent cars.
Maybe you should read the article. Instead of making statements that are answered in it.

Obviously if Renault are taking the time and cost to have him test, they believe otherwise.

zonk

115 laps!!! Enough for super licence??

Sonador

I really hope he retuns to F1, phenomonal driver/guy!

Alway wondered what he could do with the very car he was testing today.

everythingisawesome

Injury or not 115 laps is impressive after his time away.

rkn

Au revoir, Jolyon!

diffuser

Well, we need to see the lap times and how good they are ....

Shrieker

Wow, this is news. Would make heck of a story now if he returned and became successful, wouldn't it ?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

F1NAC

let's see how he behaves with new gen. cars. If they give him opportunity. I'm so happy after seeing this news. Forza Robert!

ME4ME

Hope he gets to do an FP1 session in the 2017 car soon. Would be interesting to see if he can cope.

CriXus

zonk wrote:
06 Jun 2017, 18:13
115 laps!!! Enough for super licence??
From Wikipedia: "The FIA (International Automobile Federation) Super Licence is a qualification allowing the licence-holder to compete in the Formula One World Championship as a driver. The licence is issued to drivers who have met criteria of success in junior motorsport categories, or in exceptional circumstances, those who have not met those criteria but have demonstrated "outstanding ability in single-seater formula cars" and achieved 300 kilometres (190 miles) of running in a Formula One car."
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

zonk

Waited 2315 days to see him back in f1 car.

BosF1

If I were Palmer, I would start writing job applications. Why would Renault do this all of a sudden midseason, other than to test his physical capability? And while testing his capability he also conveniently met criteria for a super license, since 115 laps equates to 465 km.

SR71

With a decent understanding of F1 timelines one can deduce that he pulled out of LMP1 because he got the call to join Renault.