Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
etusch

Re: Honda Power Unit

There must be two or Three different spec manufacturer can choose like LMP1 in leMan. Rule specify a max and min power. until max power manufacturer allowed to develop. This power rules is good fia 's 0.3 sec engine range promise.

FW17

That is no dynamometer

No way can they fire the engine with no exhaust connected, air inlet or a cooling fans

Can engineers at a computer be sitting with no ear plugs when the car is fired?

That is a rolling road to study some chassis behavior, no chance of doing engine testing on it.

crf1

Original source http://world.honda.com/RandD/hrd_sakura/#photo

... "CHASIS TESTING"

Dimi

ZakB

Hasegawa confirmed that the new spec will come in Baku, although this shouldn't be seen as spec 3.0.

alexa

I think it's just drivebility and reliability related update.

godlameroso

As long as the gap is less than 15kmh down the straight, and can actually race instead of fuel save, while praying it holds together, they can call it spec turnip for all I care.

I don't mind them starting from the back, this was going to be their toughest race so far.

We already know spec 3 is around Singapore/Suzuka/COTA.
Saishū kōnā

ronanharris09

godlameroso wrote:
19 Jun 2017, 13:55
We already know spec 3 is around Singapore/Suzuka/COTA.
What makes 2.1, 2.5, and 3.0 different actually ? These numbers should mean lots of minor updates.
And, why do they need to choose one between 2.1 & 2.5 ?
When it comes to 💻 science 💫, what I much about it 💢 is analyzing the 📉 📊 👌.

godlameroso

Apparently new heads, (big maybe)crankshaft, pistons, turbine, fuel delivery system, camshafts, etc for spec 3.0(hopefully sorts out the vibration problems, although it already got a lot better through new MGU-H, and mapping). The rest is just tweaks to the intake, exhaust, fuel delivery and mapping. I'm guessing fuel injector upgrade is possible in the mean time, there's always scope to improve fuel delivery.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

Hasegawa says that when they improved ice efficiency there is much loss on mgu-h efficiency. I remember this was subject of this thread at earlier pages. And something more which is mentioned here by Wazari san. 2019 Williams Honda championchip.

godlameroso

That's where the compromise comes in, of course better combustion is the only way to reduce any compromise you may have to make, so it's more important to focus there, than attempting to compromise between piston and turbine energy.

It may require you to rethink your turbine once the combustion improves, and then you're back to square one, and you wasted time developing two turbines instead of one.
Saishū kōnā

Andres125sx

ZakB wrote:
19 Jun 2017, 12:30
Hasegawa confirmed that the new spec will come in Baku, although this shouldn't be seen as spec 3.0.
Finally!!

But I didn´t notice there was a 2.0 :?

fellowhoodlums

I think this was said at the Canada weekend anyway. Still some issues trying to get all the updates to correrlate so introducing partial update.

I get the feeling the was part of the Mclaren anger. They could have come with something to Canada but didn't.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/honda-set- ... e-in-baku/

godlameroso

Andres125sx wrote:
19 Jun 2017, 23:29
ZakB wrote:
19 Jun 2017, 12:30
Finally!!

But I didn´t notice there was a 2.0 :?
Spec 1 was pre-season, spec 2 was Melbourne, spec 2.1 was China spec 2.2 was Bahrain test, spec 2.3 was Barcelona, so maybe this is spec 2.4?
Saishū kōnā

PlatinumZealot

FW17 wrote:
19 Jun 2017, 09:15
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AHntp4Y7Wrs/V ... ura_09.jpg

That is no dynamometer

No way can they fire the engine with no exhaust connected, air inlet or a cooling fans

Can engineers at a computer be sitting with no ear plugs when the car is fired?

That is a rolling road to study some chassis behavior, no chance of doing engine testing on it.
Damn journos!

It is Matt sommerfield too.

Let me get the proper photo. They do have a chassis dyno though.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏