2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku, 23-25 June

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
TAG

Re: 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku, 23-25 June

Ferrari has to win this race; Vettel has to win this race. For a number of reasons. To maintain the see saw back and forth, because it's Ferrari's turn. Because if they don't it would be the first time this year that a team wins a GP back to back. Because it's a circuit that would benefit Ferrari even more than Canada. Because it's a circuit that Hamilton doesn't have a history of being super human like he has in Canada.

I'm being dramastical :P they don't *REALLY* have to win... but yeah they do.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

GPR-A duplicate2

Manoah2u wrote:
18 Jun 2017, 10:28
PlatinumZealot wrote:
17 Jun 2017, 16:12
I just wanna say: WELL DONE BAKU!!
in gods name for what?
For being better than Monaco? Despite being a street circuit.

ringo

TAG wrote:
18 Jun 2017, 19:53
Ferrari has to win this race; Vettel has to win this race. For a number of reasons. To maintain the see saw back and forth, because it's Ferrari's turn. Because if they don't it would be the first time this year that a team wins a GP back to back. Because it's a circuit that would benefit Ferrari even more than Canada. Because it's a circuit that Hamilton doesn't have a history of being super human like he has in Canada.

I'm being dramastical :P they don't *REALLY* have to win... but yeah they do.
I think hamilton is equally good here. He was blindingly quick in practice and qualifying last year, but suffered from mistakes due to engine mapping issues. I think without any issues he may be more devastating here than at Canada, so expect a really hard fought battle up front with possibly Vettel chasing again.
I am more interested in what stroll will do this time around, and also the checo ocon saga.
Also Haas.. how will they go with the mighty ferrari engine under the hood?
For Sure!!

GPR-A duplicate2

TAG wrote:
Because if they don't it would be the first time this year that a team wins a GP back to back.
Merc won back to back. At Sochi and Spain.

Vasconia

Stormy wrote:
17 Jun 2017, 00:06
Will the long straights in Baku suit Merc more than Ferrari? If so, then i guess Ferrari should go for second or third with Seb in Baku and then go for the win in Austria and Hungary.

By the way, as you may have heard, Horner said that many RB employees were approached by a new mystery team. What could this mystery team may be? It looks like they have a nice budget considering they approached the employees of one of the richest team in F1.
I think Mercedes has an advantage here and yes, I hope Vettel can be second here and win in Austria where they could stronger and Hungary where Ferrari must be the strongest team.

Juzh

ringo wrote:
19 Jun 2017, 02:48

I think hamilton is equally good here. He was blindingly quick in practice and qualifying last year, but suffered from mistakes due to engine mapping issues. I think without any issues he may be more devastating here than at Canada, so expect a really hard fought battle up front with possibly Vettel chasing again.
I am more interested in what stroll will do this time around, and also the checo ocon saga.
When he crashed you mean?
They'll be nowhere, as they they were nowhere in canada which is also a power track.

garyjpaterson

I'm keen to see how Lewis fairs, as he did seem to have the pace before Quali last year, but it all fell apart and frankly looked terrible from then on.

I know he had those issues in the race, which a few races later could have been solved without penalty, but he didn't look on it all anyway.

If he does win it, I think that means he's won at every venue in the calander? That'd be a cool stat.

Could get some wall clipping with the wider cars (not that Lewis needed it last year...), I expect a few close calls. Hoping FI can do well here too, really want Ocon to beat Perez (as much as I Perez)

TAG

GPR-A wrote:
19 Jun 2017, 06:23
TAG wrote:
Because if they don't it would be the first time this year that a team wins a GP back to back.
Merc won back to back. At Sochi and Spain.
You are quite right. The mind is a funny thing isn't it?
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Hammerfist

Predicting a merc win with lewis.

Stroll to put it in the wall at least once this weekend going from hero to zero.

Mclaren finally getting some points.

Force india to beat redbull

Multiple safety cars.

ringo

Stroll on the podium :mrgreen:
For Sure!!

ian_s

ringo wrote:
20 Jun 2017, 06:56
Stroll on the podium :mrgreen:
only if he gets lost on his way out of the paddock.

Alonso will only get points by virtue of not crashing, no way he can do it on pure pace.

marmer

Speed difference at the end of the longest straight could be the largest on the calendar between all the cars I would turn Alonso's radio off if I was McLaren

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Silent Storm

Kvyat is savage.
"one race I'm behind, the next race he's behind"
"In Baku he would have been getting a tow but now I'm not sure I really want to collaborate in qualifying anymore. From my side everything is clear as the sky, absolutely clear.
"If he has some questions to me, he's more than free to come and talk to me, if he's brave enough. If he's not brave enough, he'll come and talk to you guys and send hidden messages to the media all the time."
http://en.f1i.com/news/270665-kvyat-sainz-fallen.html
Last edited by Silent Storm on 22 Jun 2017, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

godlameroso

Juzh wrote:
19 Jun 2017, 12:08
ringo wrote:
19 Jun 2017, 02:48

When he crashed you mean?
They'll be nowhere, as they they were nowhere in canada which is also a power track.
Canada is a heavy braking and traction track, power definitely helps, but good stability under braking and good traction makes a huge difference.

Baku is weird, it makes you compromise everything, if you're fast in the slow stuff, you'll be slow in the fast stuff, if you're fast in the fast stuff you'll be slow in the slow stuff.
Saishū kōnā