2017 Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
daniellammers

Re: 2017 Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari

dren wrote:
09 May 2017, 21:26
daniellammers wrote:
09 May 2017, 21:21
dren wrote:
01 May 2017, 14:26
Honda will sort their PU, but Sauber will still be chugging around at the back. They don't have the resources.
Maybe an injection from Honda?
They used to have some pretty innovative engineers. Those get plucked fairly quick. It seems like TR is what Sauber used to be.
I mean financial wise :D
You won't catch me driving a race car that I have built.

- Colin Chapman

adrianjordan

daniellammers wrote:
dren wrote:
Honda will sort their PU, but Sauber will still be chugging around at the back. They don't have the resources.
With McLaren being the parent works team and Sauber the junior team? Similar to Red Bull and Toro Rosso?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

daniellammers

adrianjordan wrote:
10 May 2017, 18:33
daniellammers wrote:
dren wrote:
With McLaren being the parent works team and Sauber the junior team? Similar to Red Bull and Toro Rosso?
Or make Honda from Sauber, but would McLaren allow?
You won't catch me driving a race car that I have built.

- Colin Chapman

Manjhi

adrianjordan wrote:
10 May 2017, 18:33

The moment a mid-field team signs any contract, which has some relevance with top team, people start speculations about the mid-field team acting as junior team or sister team.

It's ridiculous to even think like that when the owners are completely different, Torro Rosso & Red Bull are owned by RB group hence TR acts as sister team.

But Sauber is an independent team and they'll carry different operations then Mclaren.

As a Sauber fan its already difficult for us to digest Honda deal, and it shows that both this entities are in deep sh!t. I am only praying for revival of this team bcoz its hard to see no sponsors on the sidepods for a team which is celebrating its 25th year in F1. :(

marmer

I don't see why they are so poor compared to other teams, been in f1 for ages had buckets of cash when bmw was around had all the computers and wind tunnels they needed had decent drivers at times and pay drivers brining plenty in. Far more sponsorship money coming in than manor and very nearly got beat by them last year this year are dead last on pure pace after deciding to use an old engine which is most likely stil better than honda. A team like sauber should be up with Williams and force India as a top independent team not being last and worse than red bulls youth side and McLaren Honda's clown car

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Vasconia

Manjhi wrote:
10 May 2017, 21:46

As a Sauber fan its already difficult for us to digest Honda deal, and it shows that both this entities are in deep sh!t. I am only praying for revival of this team bcoz its hard to see no sponsors on the sidepods for a team which is celebrating its 25th year in F1. :(
This agreement comes in times of need for both parts. Honda needs another team to make a boost in their process of developñment. On the other hand, Sauber needs a cheap and updated PU.

I think (and hope) that this will work decently in 2018 which should benefit Sauber.

etusch

Sauber has a very good windtunnel and they show affect of this at spain I think but also they show at monaco that they have very bad mechanical grip. With a bit support they can be in mid group easily.

marvin78

Kaltenborn is no at Saubers any more. German online portals push this story through the day

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 62104.html

Singabule

Just WOW, so sauber operation will be taken over by Honda? Or longbow is against her? Such a pity since development as sauber is accelerated right now

Big Mangalhit

So my theory that Monica had signed with Honda while still having a contract with Ferrari is probably wrong. (joke)

enry86

Singabule wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 12:41
Just WOW, so sauber operation will be taken over by Honda? Or longbow is against her? Such a pity since development as sauber is accelerated right now
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... ith-sauber

Autosport reports that the main reason may be some disagreement between Longbow and her about drivers management, Longbow wanted the team to favour Ericsson.
Anyway let's see what happens, an Honda takeover could be interesting :)

Singabule

Yes, hope for fully fledged honda works!

Santozini

Singabule wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 13:50
That would be interesting!

marmer

enry86 wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 13:47
Singabule wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 12:41
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... ith-sauber

Autosport reports that the main reason may be some disagreement between Longbow and her about drivers management, Longbow wanted the team to favour Ericsson.
Anyway let's see what happens, an Honda takeover could be interesting :)
hmm Ericsson over Pascal. given the same car i don't see that happening often.

Jolle

Santozini wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 13:53
Singabule wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 13:50
That would be interesting!
Well, I recon they still have all the (BMW) works team infrastructure, especially combined with R&D from Honda itself.

If so, it would heighten the crisis at McLaren, loosing their works status once more, their future will become midfield, battling with Williams, STR and Haas.