[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

rjsa wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 15:13
CAEdevice wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 14:44
This should be legal as long as those curved elements can be considered as the "thin elements" specified in K3.4. When you submit your entry, those parts should be separated from the main body, and included in the "high_res_surfaces" directory.
To cut out the diffuser strakes (especially if they are "3D" and with a "3D" diffuser) is not so easy. Would not be better to apply a mesh control with a box in the diffuser volume?
A 3D diffuser, with less than 25mm walls could go entirely in the high res area.
ok, may I cut out the entire diffuser (mine is less then 20mm thick) and place it into the high_res folder? It would be much quicker. LDVH and Chris can confirm?

LVDH

You guys are making your life too difficult. Just design the diffuser and then separately the fences. The parts do not have to be one closed compound. It is OK for the fences to intersect the diffuser floor. Just make sure that no parts are "in the air", held by nothing.

rjsa wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 12:12
This is something that bothers me: I have never seen a flow report for intake or exhaust. I've ran 100s of interactions but never took part in an actual race. Is it supposed to show on my reports? Where? How?
There should be numbers and plots in the report.
I have finally successfully packaged the new software. It will be available for download very soon now. If you continue to not get any report, please use the new Q&A section that I will make available latest tomorrow to report this issue and I will fix it.

LVDH

The new software is up! I hope it works.
Tomorrow I will send out an official email. Everyone in my list will receive it. There were a few teams singing up the lasts months. After all the delay they are probably not visiting this forum very often so I hope to get hold of them that way. Keep in mind you have to sign up! Only teams that have done so since last Monday will be registered. So far 5 teams have done so.

CAEdevice

Thank you LDVH. I will test the software tomorrow (I can't wait). Is there the possibility to run a script and generate the OF case as I did untill now, without the GUI? I have few time and I will study the GUI later...

I have just registered: I could not attach any picture. May I send them to you separately?

rjsa

What am I missing? Can't find a link.

CAEdevice

rjsa wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 21:06
What am I missing? Can't find a link.
Here is the page:

http://mantiumchallenge.com/mvrc-rules-files-2017/

rjsa

Oh, tks. Was looking here: http://mantiumchallenge.com/mantiumflow/

rjsa

First contact with the new GUI was very positive, great work there guys, lot's of information and checks.

LVDH

CAEdevice wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 20:39
I have just registered: I could not attach any picture. May I send them to you separately?
You can send it to the Dropbox file request from earlier today.
Did you at least get a message about the failed upload? Would be a shame if others failed to upload their images as well.

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 22:42
CAEdevice wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 20:39
You can send it to the Dropbox file request from earlier today.
Did you at least get a message about the failed upload? Would be a shame if others failed to upload their images as well.
Sorry, I did not explain clearly. The form worked perfectly but I have not had the time to prepare any picture: my fault :)

May you confirm to have received my registration?

rjsa

The new GUI is amazing. Geometry checks, turing components on/of/transparent. Great work.

Ft5fTL

Here comes the first car render of the competition:

A quick teaser image of PPR M-17a :)
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

CAEdevice

Ft5fTL wrote:
22 Jun 2017, 02:18
Here comes the first car render of the competition:

https://snag.gy/ELoCin.jpg

A quick teaser image of PPR M-17a :)
Where is the button to turn on the light?

RicME85

Well I signed up last night. Hoping to be in the Intro class. As things stands I can barely sit at my desk to do any modelling as I have hurt my back :D