China F1 Racing Team LTD.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
TAG

China F1 Racing Team LTD.

No idea what the entirety of this could mean, a new team, a new chassis manufacturer to offer much cheaper entry for customer teams? Very interdazting none the less.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04971827
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

marmer

Re: China F1 Racing Team LTD.

MICHAEL ORTS
is the only active name attached to the company

https://www.motorsport.com/driver/michael-orts/
http://www.speedsport-magazine.com/race ... _2694.html
ex racing driver by the looks of things

EDI GAY - resigned from company
https://www.motorsport.com/driver/edi-gay/
http://www.speedsport-magazine.com/race ... _2695.html
similar it seems

both kept a low profile since racing it seems. the other officers are just other companies that would take years to unravel
Last edited by marmer on 21 Jun 2017, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

Facts Only

Searching for company data of Bronze Fortune doesnt show much more than a small ampunt of cash ans near £700k in liabilities.

Perhaps a potential takeover/re-name pf FIF1? Or the start of a new entry to F1
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

TAG

Jean Todt commenting on today's tempest in a Chinese tea cup.
Motorsport- speaking at the FIA Sport Conference in Geneva on Wednesday, president Jean Todt confirmed that the governing body had been approached by some individuals regarding a future entry.

"There are always rumors, but we have had some interest from some teams," said Todt.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

ESPImperium

Im gonna take a wing and a prayer and say this will be the new name for Ron Dennis new team and the company that has bought all the racing assets that have not yet been sold from the ashes of Manor. I did hear that the administrators of Manor have been looking for £8.5m for the assets yet to be sold, this would be cheap. Staff hire would probably be easy to get from those unemployed at present, theres would need to be poached now in order to be eligible for the chassis build up and Testing in 2018. the budget needed would have to be in the region of £200m for the next two years. With a cheap as chips Honda supply, id say everything would be possible in that time, even with a stillborn Manor 2017 car that has been updated for 2018 that would languish at the tail end for the year, as long as they were a second behind Sauber-Honda, you may never know if they would score points in a attrition race as long as they stayed out of trouble.

Ill go out on that wing and say, theres a 11th team on its way.

waynes

Ron Dennis :D

Vasconia

Even if its a new F1 team I think it must be too late for a 2018 entry. Perhaps they will take part in 2019.

mclaren111

If it is Manor remnants 2018 is more than do-able

marvin78

But there is more to do than only build a car. If I were the one to come into F1, I would do that in a timeframe that doesn't stress me. I don't believe there will be a new team in 2018.

marmer

mclaren111 wrote:If it is Manor remnants 2018 is more than do-able
Not without an engine deal and there has been no talk of that yet and if it's a year old manor with a Honda in the back they would struggle to be in 107%

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Manoah2u

I say, Colin Kolles, ol' Manor car a bit upgraded, Ferrari 2017 engines, KFC indonesia alongside with their driver, and Antonio Giovanazzi aboard.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ME4ME

It's not going to happen, not in 2018.

Manoah2u

Who said i was talking about 2018? :P
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

OneAlex

Going off the Ron Dennis/Honda ideas
... Would Honda be willing to supply a "Team China"? They're quite a proud Japanese company after all, and never underestimate the amount of nationalism involved in deals relating to China and Japan.

Plus let's face it, China isn't exactly trustworthy with intellectual property. The country is the biggest player of industrial espionage and reverse engineering/copying products, and is well known for it in the auto industry. Would Honda want to risk sharing their best auto technology to a Chinese consortium?

basti313

marvin78 wrote:
22 Jun 2017, 13:20
But there is more to do than only build a car. If I were the one to come into F1, I would do that in a timeframe that doesn't stress me. I don't believe there will be a new team in 2018.
Absolutely. It takes at least one year for a set up team to build a new F1 car. Imagine the time frame for a new team.

There are two ways to enter:
1. They go on the residues of a 2016 Manor, try to start in 2018 and struggle for the 107% rule for the next years until they run out of money (eg the Chinese sponsors loose the faith).
2. They run CFD and wind tunnel 24/7 until 2019, use 2018 for first track testing and start with a competitive car 2019. As they are not an official F1 team right now they can test as much as they want.
Don`t russel the hamster!