2017 Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Raleigh

Re: 2017 Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari

Sauber's struggles started when Kaltenborn took over.

2010-2012 they were midfield and moving forward, 2 talented drivers and producing impressive results on a limited budget.

Since then Kaltenborn hired a string of paydrivers, key technical staff left and results evaporated, in the space of 2 seasons they went from 4 podiums to the worst season of the team's history as backmarkers with 0 points.

Phil

That one is so incredibly off the mark, i dont know where to start... maybe the engine?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Manoah2u

Lol she didn't let her team down and did a good job. that's just hilarious. suddenly inventing stuff to turn her into a saint? what??

So easy to forget that shameful case with vanderGarde?

The legal dispute meant team did not take part in first practice session, at one stage, bailiffs were on stand-by outside track ready to seize assets.
It was moments away from taking control of the actual team, no she did 'GREAT', yeah. what a laugh.

...signs 3 drivers for 2 seats AND taking in the cash - asked whether she was still competent to run the team, Kaltenborn replied: 'I don't see it (the case) having any effect." LOL
...affected morale with the team's name dragged through the courts.'It's had a very negative impact on the team
...Sauber have been forced to detail their assets to the court, whilst the worst-case scenario for Kaltenborn is she faces imprisonment if she fails to comply with the order.

it was so bad, Ecclestone himself had to jump in.

...Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone stepped in and helped to end the van der Garde saga that found its way in and out of court throughout Australian Grand Prix weekend.
...As the 2015 season began in Melbourne, Dutch driver van der Garde almost brought the curtains down on the Swiss team as he pressed his claim for a race seat.
...Ecclestone said: “If someone else came later and offered more money, I would say ‘Sorry, I already have a deal’. Sauber made stupid mistakes,” he charged.
“I understand that they were in a difficult position financially, but that does not mean that you can just do anything. Do you rob a bank to survive? No you don’t.”
Ecclestone’s comments about Sauber come after the Swiss team filed a complaint with the European Commission about the sport’s unfair governance.

“To be clear,” team boss Monisha Kaltenborn said earlier at Sochi, “our complaint is against the commercial rights holder (Ecclestone).” (GMM) LOLOLOLOL what a hypocrit.

Kaltenborn turned sauber in the laughing stock of F1, dropping great drivers to wheel in paydrivers or 'big wallet carrying' failures, to 'survive' ? She was well busy in destroying the team, and ending careers of f1 pilots whilst doing so. Kaltenborn is the WORST to happen to F1 in the past decade. Atleast now we can hope Sauber will get back on feet.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Vasconia

I didnt like her job so I guess those are good news.

marvin78

So the driver is Alonso? ;)

All this is guessing. If you really want to grade Kaltenborns work, you have to work with her. Everything else is just ridiculous.

Manoah2u

Kaltenborn has been ditched because she couldn't agree with LongBow over giving lame-ass ericsson NR.1 status in the team (driverwise), which would mean Wehrlein would play second fiddle.
She probably did recognise ericsson is not worthy and Wehrlein is miles better, but was denied because Longbow backs Ericsson, and Longbow 'owns' or is the money-thrower @ Sauber.
Adios, Kaltenborn. I also think the team didn't really enjoy her comment that the team "had to do a better job" because the car was lacking.

Honda for 2018 is a written deal - not that that means much - and Ericsson is a written deal as long as Longbow is there, unfortunately. So who's gonna fill the other seat is anybody's guess but something tells me Wehrlein won't be there next year. I'm suspecting Matsushita (or how you write his name), Honda's official Test Driver, which probably gives them a discount anyway.

A good question indeed is what will actually happen with Mclaren and Honda. IF they really split, than those millions of backing will go to Sauber, which then could see Honda kick out Longbow, making it Honda Sauber F1 Team, and potentially take over the team completely by 2020 if they ever manage to build a good engine.

Either way, if Honda kicks out Longbow, than we'll thankfully wave Ericsson goodbye, too. Perhaps Wehrlein than will stay, and we'll see Matsushita next to him. I think that wouldn't actually be a bad combination to be honest.

But ALL, really ALL of it depends on what the outcome will be between Mclaren and Honda. 2 months tops and we'll know.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Phil

Manoah2u wrote:
22 Jun 2017, 09:21
So easy to forget that shameful case with vanderGarde?
And yet, if she hadn't - Sauber might not have driven at all in the entire season. But maybe you should go back to the team topic of that season to refresh your memory on the complex circumstances that led to those decisions (i.e. the upfront payments to suppliers as a result of 3 backmarker teams in dire money problems and going bust).
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

sauberfan

According to Fabregas the owners have been searching for a Kaltenborn replacement for weeks:
https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/statu ... 2840724482

BanMeToo

Interesting. Or, not. I guess it depends on whether you want to read into it.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... nborn-exit

Sauber has denied there has been any favouritism, a stance that was confidently backed by Ericsson.

"It is completely false and untrue," said Ericsson. "It's very disrespectful towards every single member of Sauber F1 team.

"We have guys here who work day and night, both here and at the factory, to try and get this team successful again, with both cars and both drivers.

"For me and Pascal, it's been very clear that it's not the case. We've both been given equal equipment and priorities. It's how it's always been in this team and will always be."

When asked by Autosport for his opinion on the matter, Wehrlein said: "I'm sorry but I will not comment this question."

Wehrlein was then asked if he felt he had everything he needed to do his job. He replied: "I scored some points you know I was twice in Q2 so you know with the tools I have and with the car I have I am trying to extract the maximum.

"This is my job and this is what I have to do."

It was put to Ericsson that Wehrlein didn't want to comment. He replied: "Oh, OK. I was sure he feels the same way."

Manoah2u

Ericsson claims he feels the same way and claims equal equipment 'as always'- and Wehrlein doesn't want to comment. LOL. smoke/fire?
I remember Nasr's comments last year about the team treating Felipe and how they treated Ericsson.

All you have to remember is that Longbow and Ericsson go hand-in-hand and then you really know enough.

marmer

Manoah2u wrote:Ericsson claims he feels the same way and claims equal equipment 'as always'- and Wehrlein doesn't want to comment. LOL. smoke/fire?
I remember Nasr's comments last year about the team treating Felipe and how they treated Ericsson.

All you have to remember is that Longbow and Ericsson go hand-in-hand and then you really know enough.
To a certain degree you can understand favouritism towards there man but currently Pascal will be bringing in a chunk of cash for them if they don't score again as he is the driver that has all their points. (Assuming McLaren don't score more than them)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Manoah2u

Actually, last year in Brazil, Nasr' finished 9th scoring enough points to beat Manor. Where do you see Nasr right now? Or where did Nasr's Banco do Brazil money get him?

Wehrlein means squad for Sauber. As long as Longbow is in the position they are right now, Ericsson DOES.

Funny how Kaltenborn out of all people claimed 'sauber's future is now safe' with Longbow's 'aquirement' or 'financial backing'.
I think it actually is a huge plague for Sauber.

SameSame

marmer wrote:
22 Jun 2017, 22:11
Manoah2u wrote:Ericsson claims he feels the same way and claims equal equipment 'as always'- and Wehrlein doesn't want to comment. LOL. smoke/fire?

To a certain degree you can understand favouritism towards there man but currently Pascal will be bringing in a chunk of cash for them if they don't score again as he is the driver that has all their points. (Assuming McLaren don't score more than them)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Nasr did the same for them (Brazil 2016), but that didn't stop them getting rid of him...

EDIT: Took way too long looking up which race that was and I now only see the post above.