2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bauc

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

One way or the other, first points of the season
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

etusch

You think that it is most painful race but you get first points. You say this power track but 3rd powerful engine wins.
Of course it was strange race. I couldn't watch just followed from live timing

Singabule
Singabule

RedNEO wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 16:58
Alonso droping down from 4th despite having 3 safety cars and plenty of fuel saving laps behind them and still the Honda engine is seriously thirsty. Honda decided not to run the update. Silly decision. He just reported he has no battery and no power and this was supposed be a new unit. Smh not even lasting one race
Yeah, they could run the New engine, but transmission will be broke down. With 59% full throttle this circuit is not fuel hungry, stop talking rubbish please. Yes indeed out of battery because Alo emptied it to catch magnussen with no charging cycle. Stroll also emptied his battery so that bottas is taking 3rd place. It is strategy, stop talking nonsense
Last edited by Singabule on 25 Jun 2017, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.

proteus

etusch wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 17:18
You think that it is most painful race but you get first points. You say this power track but 3rd powerful engine wins.
If we look at the result critically, Alonso would be at best 14th if others would not have the problems, he lost 8th because of Hondas woes, Vandoorne failed short - cant say if they made a mistake in tactics but again, lack of hp made him ending behind the Saubers. Sauber lost only a point in this race, they are still 3 ahead and the Honda engines are probably drained after this close following race. Then they will get a new engine and new penalties will acumulate.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

proteus

Singabule wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 17:22
RedNEO wrote:
Alonso droping down from 4th despite having 3 safety cars and plenty of fuel saving laps behind them and still the Honda engine is seriously thirsty. Honda decided not to run the update. Silly decision. He just reported he has no battery and no power and this was supposed be a new unit. Smh not even lasting one race
Yeah, they could run the New engine, but transmission will be broke down. With 49% full throttle this circuit is not fuel hungry, stop talking rubbish please. Yes indeed out of battery because Alo emptied it to catch magnussen with no charging cycle. Stroll also emptied his battery so that bottas is taking 3rd place. It is strategy, stop talking nonsense
Honda is fuel thirsty at every race. This has been a reality in every race in last two and a half years.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Singabule
Singabule

proteus wrote:
etusch wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 17:18
If we look at the result critically, Alonso would be at best 14th if others would not have the problems, he lost 8th because of Hondas woes, Vandoorne failed short - cant say if they made a mistake in tactics but again, lack of hp made him ending behind the Saubers. Sauber lost only a point in this race, they are still 3 ahead and the Honda engines are probably drained after this close following race. Then they will get a new engine and new penalties will acumulate.
Spec 3 is ready in the front of our eyes, roll on! They are preparing spec 4 after mid season i guess

Singabule
Singabule

proteus wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 17:23
Singabule wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
Yeah, they could run the New engine, but transmission will be broke down. With 49% full throttle this circuit is not fuel hungry, stop talking rubbish please. Yes indeed out of battery because Alo emptied it to catch magnussen with no charging cycle. Stroll also emptied his battery so that bottas is taking 3rd place. It is strategy, stop talking nonsense
Honda is fuel thirsty at every race. This has been a reality in every race in last two and a half years.
Any comment on fuel saving on this race? And Barcelona? Aussie? Cmon, indeed they will bring more fuel compared to others, but it is not an rotary engine.

etusch

Who are talking about lack of power must understand this, Everybody knows Honda's situation. Saying it millions times not make Honda worse

GhostF1
GhostF1

proteus wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 17:23
Singabule wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
Yes and it's obviously constructive to repeat the same notion endlessly. I think everyone on this thread is aware. And if we didn't have the same bitching every week this thread would.be half the size it is now.

I'm not sure what everyone was expecting at arguably the worst suited track this year, mixed with the fact they didn't utilise the newer power unit. So it's all just rubbish that is posted here. This RedNeo bloke manages to only bring up the crud, it astounds me he is on this thread because he just repeats the same s*** endlessly. Alonso's radio chat he said "what a shame we could of won this race but no power" to which his engineer said "yes mate we all know that, keep your head down, first points of the season". To your insanely basic mind that translates to you that the engine has failed and you decide to scoot over to the forum pages and write absolute crap. It's such a pain in the backside, all I can hope for is that the rest of the guys on the forum are smart enough to glance over your bs.

Singabule
Singabule

Yeah, maybe RedNeo civic is malfunction, that a rare case, congrats for that! :lol: Very Lucky to grab points on this track indeed, massive task for honda

HPD

I have to say it... I'm worried about Vandoorne!!

bauc

HPD wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 18:04
He has underpreformed all season so far :(
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

RS200E

It's important to call Honda out on their deficiencies regularly. Even if it's just for quick reference for the McLaren haters who might think this McLaren is a "brick wall" aerodynamically. Remember those people lol.

Disappointed with 9th place which was only because of attrition.

Disappointed with Vandoorne. He has zero racecraft in an F1 car.

The cars finished the race at least which is promising.

Hope I was wrong on what I said earlier about the Honda update top speed being flattered by low downforce setting.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

mrluke
mrluke

Call Honda out for their failures? The reason they can't run the latest engine update worth 2-3 tenths on one of the most power hungry circuits is because Mclaren's gearbox blew and potentially wrecked it.

But yeah let's make sure we all remember everything is Honda's fault. Half of the teams dnfs are from car failures / driver malfunction but be sure to blame the lack of points 100% at Honda door.

I completely accept that Honda are not the best PU on the grid but continually throwing them under the bus hurts Mclaren, it hurts Honda but most of all it is terrible for f1. Why would anybody even consider making an f1 engine when you have a 50% chance of being on the receiving end of Mclaren / redbull press?

OneAlex

HPD wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 18:04
I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's in a bad car in his rookie year, with a hugely experienced teammate who is regarded as the best in the field and brilliant at pushing cars further than they should go. What would rookie alonso have gotten out of the McHonda?

I do think though that McLaren aren't the best when it comes to nurturing rookie drivers. Hamilton was a superstar but they couldn't manage him alongside alonso, and then look what happened to perez and k-mag, and now vandoorne seems almost forgotten about by the team.