[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
LVDH

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

OK, I have finally did something I wanted to do all last year. Now if you look at the team sections you will see that SHM is presented a bit nicer. So if anyone else feels encouraged to send more images, please do. Having them all in one resolution helps a lot.

Also Chris fixed some things on the Intro-Class car and created one as SKP. You can download the files from the Challenge page.

Alonso Fan

LVDH wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 10:41
OK, I have finally did something I wanted to do all last year. Now if you look at the team sections you will see that SHM is presented a bit nicer. So if anyone else feels encouraged to send more images, please do. Having them all in one resolution helps a lot.

Also Chris fixed some things on the Intro-Class car and created one as SKP. You can download the files from the Challenge page.
Thanks LVDH, it looks awesome!

Also please could you update the pictures on the main page with my new 'unrevealed' photo? The main page still has my car unrevealed from last year

Thanks
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

LVDH

If I still remember on Monday, I will do that.

rjsa

Let's see if anyone can help me here. I'm trying to create a script to automate some steps with OF but I'm going crazy trying to pass a shell script to be ran in the docker container:

ubuntu@ip-172-31-15-53:~/OpenFoam/run$ docker start of_v1606_plus
of_v1606_plus
ubuntu@ip-172-31-15-53:~/OpenFoam/run$ docker exec -i of_v1606_plus /bin/bash -rcfile /opt/OpenFOAM/setImage_v1606+ <runOFBatch.sh
./runCase.sh: line 4: C:ProgramOpenFOAM-v1606+etcbashrc: No such file or directory
./runCase.sh: line 9: blockMesh: command not found
./runCase.sh: line 10: decomposePar: command not found

Seems my env is screwed, but if I don't try the script and hop in with -it it works.

What am I doing wrong?

rjsa

rjsa wrote:
25 Jun 2017, 20:22
Let's see if anyone can help me here. I'm trying to create a script to automate some steps with OF but I'm going crazy trying to pass a shell script to be ran in the docker container:

ubuntu@ip-172-31-15-53:~/OpenFoam/run$ docker start of_v1606_plus
of_v1606_plus
ubuntu@ip-172-31-15-53:~/OpenFoam/run$ docker exec -i of_v1606_plus /bin/bash -rcfile /opt/OpenFOAM/setImage_v1606+ <runOFBatch.sh
./runCase.sh: line 4: C:ProgramOpenFOAM-v1606+etcbashrc: No such file or directory
./runCase.sh: line 9: blockMesh: command not found
./runCase.sh: line 10: decomposePar: command not found

Seems my env is screwed, but if I don't try the script and hop in with -it it works.

What am I doing wrong?
Got it:
docker start of_v1606_plus
docker exec -i of_v1606_plus bash <<EOF

source /opt/OpenFOAM/setImage_v1606+ <<-- This line to set environment
cd /home/ubuntu/OpenFoam/run
pwd
cd TESTJOB
pwd
touch 00starttime.txt
chmod +x runCase.sh
./runCase.sh
touch 01endtime.txt
cd ..
pwd
./parafix.sh TESTJOB

exit
EOF

LVDH

This is interesting. I assume you are using Windows and teh Docker version of OF v1606+, right?
If yes can you confirm that the RunCase button in the GUI does not work for you either?
Does it work when you modify the runCase.sh script with your fix?

rjsa

That's all in linux, and AFAIK is related to docker, not MFLow.

LVDH

You are using Docker in Linux? MFlow is not made for that. You need a pure installation.
You can try to include the path in your source command as a setting in the default_settings.ini. With some luck it will work then.
But I do not quite understand why you have to change permissions with your runCase.sh. MFlow writes it with executable.

RicME85

Im sure rjsa had issues a few months back and everyone said no to Docker in Linux.

How easy is it to set up a Linux distro with OpenFOAM and MFlow? A few years back I tried doing OF with Khamsin but failed miserably, so much so that Julien had to remote desktop my PC to try and get things running. Due to the time difference and the time to get things installed we never actually finished it :D

rjsa

I remember that, but the official OF install is on docker. So I'd also like to learn how to do it in other ways.

Keeping in mind that it's AWS and I'm really novice in the VM world. One I was with the cool kids building my own kernels but that was back in 2000.

So far I managed to figure out the difference between Docker and VirtualBox :wink:

rjsa

LVDH wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 12:12
You are using Docker in Linux? MFlow is not made for that. You need a pure installation.
You can try to include the path in your source command as a setting in the default_settings.ini. With some luck it will work then.
But I do not quite understand why you have to change permissions with your runCase.sh. MFlow writes it with executable.
I'm not.
In Windows:
  • I build the case.
  • Copy to AWS.
Then, in Linux a single shell script will
  • Run unrar linux
  • Jump into Docker to run the case. <<<---This was giving me trouble, hop in with redirected input into the Docker image
  • Jump back out of docker and tar for download.
  • N TIMES Rinse and repeat for so many cases.
  • Shutdown.
Later on come back, boot the VM and download the ready batches.

LVDH

If you were once a cool kid that compiled Linux kernels yo will be able to compile OF. For some reason the instruction to do that have gotten a bit hidden on the OF.com page but you can find them.

I think you could create the cases on your Windows machine ready for Linux on AWS. You just have to adjust the settings in the default_settings file. Tell him you are using Linux and where the OF installation is.

rjsa

LVDH wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 16:09
If you were once a cool kid that compiled Linux kernels yo will be able to compile OF. ...
:D :lol:

I'll have a look. But age's done me no favors at all :wink:

rjsa

Are these crazy intake pressures I'm seeing some kind of buffeting?

CAEdevice

Hi when will it be possible to upload the car for the first race? Will it be allowed to send more than one release (only the latest one will be checked and simulated, as we did last year)?