[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
rjsa

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

LVDH wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 16:09
I think you could create the cases on your Windows machine ready for Linux on AWS. You just have to adjust the settings in the default_settings file. Tell him you are using Linux and where the OF installation is.
I did this but got this weird looking line on runCase:
. /opt/OpenFOAM\OpenFOAM-v1606+\etc\bashrc

The path to openfoam I put with forward slashes, the software added the back slashes.
Didn't try it yet.

Ft5fTL

I have a question about heat exchangers. Is the flow values of the result file contain only the single side or is it combined? I'm getting some nerve racking low results atm.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

CAEdevice

Ft5fTL wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 21:25
I have a question about heat exchangers. Is the flow values of the result file contain only the single side or is it combined? I'm getting some nerve racking low results atm.
You have to double the value reported into the log (and into the html I think).

CAEdevice

CAEdevice wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 21:48
Hi when will it be possible to upload the car for the first race? Will it be allowed to send more than one release (only the latest one will be checked and simulated, as we did last year)?
Hi, sorry to bother you with this question, but I am leaving in two days and I am not sure to be back on time to submit the car. Would it be possible to submit the car tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?

rjsa

CAEdevice wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 21:45
Ft5fTL wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 21:25
You have to double the value reported into the log (and into the html I think).
Yep, always double.

Ft5fTL

Ok, thanks.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

JJR
JJR

Hi!

Does anybody run intro class car with default wings and floor in mantiumFlow ?
I would like to "calibrate" my own tunnel .

Thanks

cdsavage

CAEdevice wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 22:06
CAEdevice wrote:
Hi when will it be possible to upload the car for the first race? Will it be allowed to send more than one release (only the latest one will be checked and simulated, as we did last year)?
Hi, sorry to bother you with this question, but I am leaving in two days and I am not sure to be back on time to submit the car. Would it be possible to submit the car tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?
If the submission page is not ready, you can email the entry to me.

CAEdevice

cdsavage wrote:
28 Jun 2017, 15:44
CAEdevice wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 22:06
CAEdevice wrote:
If the submission page is not ready, you can email the entry to me.
Thank you, I will send you the car tomorrow evening. In case I will be back in time for a further simulation I will send you a refined version in two weeks.

RicME85

Is everything working on Win10 with the latest updates? I know Matteo mentioned something about the Creators Update. I tried to sort things but when I click the OpenFOAM_Start shortcut it craps out and I cant do any of the OF stuff in CMD.

CAEdevice

RicME85 wrote:
29 Jun 2017, 13:47
Is everything working on Win10 with the latest updates? I know Matteo mentioned something about the Creators Update. I tried to sort things but when I click the OpenFOAM_Start shortcut it craps out and I cant do any of the OF stuff in CMD.
I confirm that you can't run OF+1606 on Windows after installing Creators Update (and many other tools I use for work, as Creo Simulate). ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

LVDH

Hi guys,
I have uploaded an update to MantiumFlow MVRC edition. It fixes the small issues reported in the Q&A section. Also there was a discussion about what pressure should be measured on the engine inlet surface and the exhaust exits. Until now I measured the averaged pressure on those surfaces as that is what the full version does. However in the challenge and for the virtual stop watch we use an integral of the pressure over the surface, so I rolled back.

rjsa

LVDH wrote:
29 Jun 2017, 16:00
Hi guys,
I have uploaded an update to MantiumFlow MVRC edition. It fixes the small issues reported in the Q&A section. Also there was a discussion about what pressure should be measured on the engine inlet surface and the exhaust exits. Until now I measured the averaged pressure on those surfaces as that is what the full version does. However in the challenge and for the virtual stop watch we use an integral of the pressure over the surface, so I rolled back.
Thanks, I'm testing it on the bad Y=0 stuff.

Two things:

1-Command line # of CPUs dead here.

2-Line 4 of runCase.sh in windows:
. C:\Program Files (x86)\ESI\OpenFOAM\OpenFOAM-v1606+\etc\bashrc - now with "(" that breaks it for linux. But ok, it's needed. Then I switched to linux and got this:
Didn't run this yet, but will it be ok in Linux?

CAEdevice

Hi, sorry if I can't give more accurate information (I don't have access to my PC): it looks that the latest release of MFLOW (for Windows) has a problem with something about a "*.py" file that is missing or not found.

With the previous release, I have about 200 Pa as average pressure on the exhausts. Is it ok? Considering 80mm for the exhausts diameter (= 0.01m2 of total area), it gives about 2 Pa*m2 (less than 4.5 Pa*m2 as required).

Can anyone confirm it?

LVDH

rjsa wrote:
29 Jun 2017, 18:14
Thanks, I'm testing it on the bad Y=0 stuff.

Two things:

1-Command line # of CPUs dead here.

2-Line 4 of runCase.sh in windows:
. C:\Program Files (x86)\ESI\OpenFOAM\OpenFOAM-v1606+\etc\bashrc - now with "(" that breaks it for linux. But ok, it's needed. Then I switched to linux and got this:
Didn't run this yet, but will it be ok in Linux?
For the command line thing in Windows with the nCPUs I have a fix that seems to work. I will upload it tomorrow morning.
How you manage to have forward and backward slashes in the source command in Linux is beyond me. Did you write strange things into your default_settings file?

CAEdevice wrote:
29 Jun 2017, 18:59
Hi, sorry if I can't give more accurate information (I don't have access to my PC): it looks that the latest release of MFLOW (for Windows) has a problem with something about a "*.py" file that is missing or not found.
Does anyone else have this issue?

CAEdevice wrote:
29 Jun 2017, 18:59
With the previous release, I have about 200 Pa as average pressure on the exhausts. Is it ok? Considering 80mm for the exhausts diameter (= 0.01m2 of total area), it gives about 2 Pa*m2 (less than 4.5 Pa*m2 as required).
Sounds correct.