2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vasconia

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

According to the Spanish Marca an update for the PU is expected for Silverstone.

Vasconia

NathanOlder

Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Jul 2017, 19:36
When did Kimi help Seb this year exactly? He's too slow to do that...
Ferrari have moved Kimi around to help Seb. I very much doubt that will happen if Alonso was in the other car.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Steven
Owner

Posts regarding wishful thinking of Alonso to Ferrari in 2018 have been moved to the fanboy yin-yang thread.
Note there is also a Silly season thread if there is reason to believe such a move is on the table.

giantfan10

NathanOlder wrote:
01 Jul 2017, 23:29
Vanja #66 wrote:
Ferrari have moved Kimi around to help Seb. I very much doubt that will happen if Alonso was in the other car.
When has Ferrari moved kimi to benefit Vettel?... facts only not conspiracy theories or best guesses.
i will wait.......
Last edited by Steven on 03 Jul 2017, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed off-topic comment

ripper

On an italian journal there's written that PU chief designer Lorenzo Sassi has been removed from His position by Marchionne

Edit: found something aswell on motorsport https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra ... ri-927090/

FrukostScones

Oh dear, Marchionne playing thumps down. Too much oil burnt? Marchionne never fails to deliver...
No wonder he fell for Briatore et al if the rumors are right., same breed those men; ALO to Ferrari in 2018 seems now a possibility. 2015-17 will be known of thre era of peace. 2018 will return the dark ages of fear.
And as Ferrari is a dutch company now, they also should hire this certain dutch driver.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

NathanOlder

giantfan10 wrote:
03 Jul 2017, 02:44
NathanOlder wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
When has Ferrari moved kimi to benefit Vettel?... facts only not conspiracy theories or best guesses.
i will wait.......
They moved Kimi out of the way in Monaco. The only people who could possibly say otherwise are the people inside Ferrari. So unless you can prove you work on the pit wall , I will believe what I see on TV, and that was that they moved Kimi out of the way.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

ripper

There is also a rumor about Sassi being moved in FCA for a bigger role/project. We'll see...

outsid3r

NathanOlder wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 00:27
giantfan10 wrote:
03 Jul 2017, 02:44
NathanOlder wrote:

i will wait.......
They moved Kimi out of the way in Monaco. The only people who could possibly say otherwise are the people inside Ferrari. So unless you can prove you work on the pit wall , I will believe what I see on TV, and that was that they moved Kimi out of the way.
You must have been watching the wrong channel on TV then, let me tell you how it went just in case you missed it... RAI pitted first because he was not improving his times and pulling away any more - he had also been on radio asking when he was going to be pitted so probably his tires were starting to give out. It was also the case of first car pits first as with any other team's tactic. And if he was comfortable on the tires he could have always asked the team to reconsider and stay out a bit more just as SEB did more than once. In clean air SEB pulled out some impressive laps giving him the gap he needed to come out in front of RAI. The laps were almost evenly matched between RAI on new tires and SEB on 30+ lap old tires. They exchanged several fastest laps between them at that point so one can tell both were pushing. It would have been utterly stupid from the team to ask SEB to pit when he was pulling out those lap times just to keep him behind RAI (if it was the case, someone would still be probably pointing fingers at Ferrari because they jeopardized SEB's race to make RAI win....) At the end SEB came out on top and took the race, end of story.

NathanOlder

You're honestly telling me Kimi has had equal opportunities and equipment in every session this season ? And Ferrari are not behind Seb and not Kimi #-o

Next you will be telling me That Ferrari didn't remotely fail Kimi's brakes in Canada :mrgreen:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

DarkSurferZA

NathanOlder wrote:You're honestly telling me Kimi has had equal opportunities and equipment in every session this season ? And Ferrari are not behind Seb and not Kimi #-o

Next you will be telling me That Ferrari didn't remotely fail Kimi's brakes in Canada :mrgreen:
Not sure if serious or if sarcasm level > 100... Kimi hasn't performed the last 3 seasons. He always seems to have issues with the feel of the breaks or some other excuse

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

NathanOlder

> 100
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

Ferrari currently using kimi to help seb right now. I guess you lot will tell me thats not the case pmsl
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

And now they move him out of sebs way.

Dont get me wrong, I have no problems with this, I just cant understand people saying Kimi never helps Vettel
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.