Race car engineering related magazines

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Jersey Tom

Re: Race car engineering related magazines

wesley123 wrote:And as for JT's issue with it, I think I'd understand it, as it is written towards people interrested in the tech side it is sometimes overly simplified, and as more of an expert on a certain side it can be kind of annoying to then read it. I have that for example with stuff about IT, or regular F1 news articles.
That's part of it for sure, from my end.. a lot of articles I didn't think were particularly eye opening. Was the exception more than the rule. But more to the point, I recall a number of occasions.. reading through articles and thinking, "This is BS," or at the very least I wasn't quite in agreement with.

But some of that is borne from my own opinions and experiences differing from others. Bottom line I just don't see it as a "professional" publication - I think the stuff that's presented may be interesting to the casual reader but maybe only captures 10% of "the good stuff" out there.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

MadMatt

Kiril Varbanov wrote:Bernouli magazine - http://www.racetechmag.com/bernoulli - that would explain my addiction to aerodynamics :)
I've bought numerous aero books as well, but I'm running out of options.
I bought 1 issue and I will not buy anymore. I bought the last one (I think) with the "analysis" of the Porsche 956, and I was VERY disappointed. No way near something new or interesting that you cannot find on internet.

marcush.

I really don´t get the issue you got with RCE tbh .
I would never ever think or read a mag to get state of the art information , simple as that. A mag is certainly more aimed providing other information than cuting edge news, don´t you think so?
And i competely disagree with your stance it has no substance or would not give any input. Maybe I´m too far away from those who know it all already but to me the section with company contact data was worth the investment all day long.i have to admit i don´t buy every issue these days anymore but now and again there is something to take in providing usable information and insight.Fair enough -I don´t think Racing as such is very cutting edge anyways..it is very conservative really. Just look at the stance the pinnacle of Motorsport takes when it comes to human factors and risk management and failsafe systems .
Quality wise RCE or Racetechmag it´s not worse than industry publications like PRI mags or ATZ in Germany ..if you need more detail than that you have to look deeper no question about that..but come on ....it´s there to entertain and sell not to educate .Racing is THE most protective environment i could think about -apart from military - so any information left at the broad public is dated or someone tries to sell a service ...

Lycoming

That article on lancaster links particularly stands out, to me at least, as a reason why I don't subscribe.

Steven
Owner

Let me dig up this old thread with a reference to PMW magazine.
It's more broadly related to motorsport, but worth the read I guess.

Their latest issue is freely available to read online
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/bc31d8b9

ortebar

I really like Bernouli Magazine
Hi everybody. I'm Jason. I like to play football and watch f1 on TV