2017 Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
sauberfan

Re: 2017 Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari

Sauber owners trying to get rid of the Honda-engine deal?

http://formula.hu/f1/2017/07/08/maris-d ... r-a-hondat

RS200E

So Ferrari 2017 engines for Sauber in 2018? Better than taking a gamble on Honda. But Honda really do need a 2nd team. The losers are McLaren Honda.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

Manoah2u

Whoa, that's not good news for Sauber at all. Mercedes engines for 2018 instead? money will be a problem i guess, but perhaps Wehrlein's presence might help. Would do the team serious good.

Who would Honda supply instead?

Either Mclaren deal is done, and they're confident enough to not deal with Sauber.
Or, could there be the possibility of NO Honda engine at all in 2018???????

I can't think of any team that would take the 'risk' right now except for Sauber.
Toro Rosso could be interested but the chance that it'll take them all the way back to minardi days is too big i think.
Williams is way too happy with Mercedes, and so is Force India.

Haas won't go that route having a great Ferrari partnership, so what's left?!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Singabule

#-o Hahahah total blunder! With no sponsor, no support, even with merc engine they will finish Last. Why to turn down the Honda offering, they think they can bargain more? Purely stupid. Why they load the office with ex-BAR honda employee instead? Funny or rather silly. Off course if the issue is right. Autobild was wrong with MCL split afterall

Edit: Honda ditch sauber because of sacking monicsha. Surely monicsha has inner beauty as Peter sauber and Honda has falling in love with her.. . :lol: kidding :mrgreen:
Last edited by Singabule on 11 Jul 2017, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.

godlameroso

It's all a rumor.
Saishū kōnā

Singabule

Edit: double post

nzjrs

Rumour!

Regardless, the wording and reason sounds unconvincing to me.

Phil

Singabule wrote:
11 Jul 2017, 18:40
#-o Hahahah total blunder! With no sponsor, no support, even with merc engine they will finish Last. Why to turn down the Honda offering, they think they can bargain more? Purely stupid. Why they load the office with ex-BAR honda employee instead? Funny or rather silly. Off course if the issue is right. Autobild was wrong with MCL split afterall

Edit: Honda ditch sauber because of sacking monicsha. Surely monicsha has inner beauty as Peter sauber and Honda has falling in love with her.. . :lol: kidding :mrgreen:
Apparently, it was Kaltenborn who brokered the deal with Honda, but the new owners of Sauber are not in line with that strategy...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Manoah2u

Sounds like Kaltenborn actually signed with Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault too, and Honda is finding that out only now :P

Anyway, i think a Merc engine would do a whole lot of good for Sauber. Just concider; last year's Ferrari engine is worthless vs the rest of the field, an is only marginally able to compete with a complete shamble of a honda engine and it seems that Honda has passed that too by now. Have a current-spec Mercedes in there and we're talking a different story here, i think on the technical side, aero remains to be seen though, they could possibly compete with Renault. Offcourse Hulkenberg is too big of a fish but Palmer? well, no problem there.

So a Mercedes engine would do wonders, thing is though, are they able to afford that AND have a decent aero, including development during the year? Wehrlein is a benefit as he'll bring in surely some form of discount (or are old ferrari engines still so much cheaper?) and he's a merc protogé so guaranteed feedback and help from the mothership team. There's still the problem of ericsson, but well, you have that too with an old ferrari engine.

sounds to me like the longbow boys have upset / read insulted the Honda high ups. bad decision.
I wonder what longbow really is, to be honest. i've never taken time to investigate. is Sauber over before the end of the year?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

RS200E

A hint on sensationalism in your post there manoah.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

Big Mangalhit

Manoah2u wrote:
11 Jul 2017, 22:18

Anyway, i think a Merc engine would do a whole lot of good for Sauber. Just concider; last year's Ferrari engine is worthless vs the rest of the field, an is only marginally able to compete with a complete shamble of a honda engine
I think last year Ferrari engines are better than this year Honda. In race pace they are close by but I imagine the chassis and aero of McLaren is waaaaay better than the Sauber's. The engine is even better if you take into account reliability. Don't you think McLaren with last year Ferrari engine would be ahead of Sauber by now?

Thunder

So much for the Rumour he had declined.....
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum