Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Mr Brooksy

Re: Avatar thread

Mine is of Damon Hill in his championship winning year. I've always had massive respect for a guy who came into F1 and was able to match Alain Prost. Then in 94 had to deal with losing his new team mate and team leader, Ayrton Senna. Almost won that seasons WDC except for some dirty tactics and some lack of patients. Then gets destroyed mentally in 95. Only to bounce back to win in 96, despite knowing he was being unceremoniously replaced, and that his team mate of one season will be taking the team leader role despite dragging Williams through it's toughest period.
Not many other WDCs apart from Mansell and maybe Nico Rosberg can boast of such grit and determination whilst knowing that their raw talent was not quite as good as the best at the time.
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

Ana

Andres125sx wrote:
03 Jul 2017, 17:48
Ana wrote:
03 Jul 2017, 16:04
My avatar is of Valentino Rossi, one of the living legends i would love to cheer for during the races. With the current standings i have high hopes from him. Praying he wins the 10 Motogp Championship.
As a fan of Valentino, you should know he would win his 10th World title, but only his 7th MotoGP title, or his 8th title in the main category

1 WDC 125cc
1 WDC 250cc
1 WDC 500cc
6 WDC MotoGP

I´ve always supported Vale, even when he´s fought with spaninsh riders at all categories. He´s a legend. But sincerely, his kick to Marc was an inflexion point to me. I´ve always enjoied his mastery fighting to the limits, but within the limits. Similar to italian football (soccer) players, always playing tough but within the rules. But there he went too far, he lost his mind due to his fight with Lorenzo and even assumed a conspiracy between Marc and Jorge, when they both never ever have been friends, not even close. It was a big dissapointment to me, something I would have never expected from him.

I think he´s still fighting with these young boys only to win his 10th and then retire, but not sure if he´ll manage to do it, apart from Lorenzo who is struggling with his Ducati, Marquez and now Viñales are becoming a pain in the ass for him :mrgreen:
Yes, actually i meant to write the 10 Championship not the 10th Motogp Title.

Rossi kicked Marq or not is a controversial issue still, some videos show that he did while a couple of i saw showed he did not. Well it is debatable.

Vinales, Marquez, Zarco and Folger in the last race are surely pain in the ass. Not to forget Petrucci and Dovizioso.

I do expect him to win the 10th title and continue. But in a recent interview Rossi said he will continue to race if he feels competitive enough.

Let just hope for the best. I have high hopes. Currently just a 10 point difference with the leader anything can happen.

WaikeCU

Mr Brooksy wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 03:53
Mine is of Damon Hill in his championship winning year. I've always had massive respect for a guy who came into F1 and was able to match Alain Prost. Then in 94 had to deal with losing his new team mate and team leader, Ayrton Senna. Almost won that seasons WDC except for some dirty tactics and some lack of patients. Then gets destroyed mentally in 95. Only to bounce back to win in 96, despite knowing he was being unceremoniously replaced, and that his team mate of one season will be taking the team leader role despite dragging Williams through it's toughest period.
Not many other WDCs apart from Mansell and maybe Nico Rosberg can boast of such grit and determination whilst knowing that their raw talent was not quite as good as the best at the time.
I wondered how he ended next to Prost at Williams in the first place. At Brabham he didn't do noticeable performances and the team went out of business before the end of the season. I know he was a test driver at the time for Williams. I guess it's the prestigious name he carries of his dad that eventually made him a driver for Williams in favor of Brundle and Hakkinen? It's not the first time that Williams drivers that are associated to legendary racing names: Damon Hill, Jacques Villeneuve, Ralf Schumacher, Bruno Senna

Mr Brooksy

WaikeCU wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 09:55

I wondered how he ended next to Prost at Williams in the first place. At Brabham he didn't do noticeable performances and the team went out of business before the end of the season. I know he was a test driver at the time for Williams. I guess it's the prestigious name he carries of his dad that eventually made him a driver for Williams in favor of Brundle and Hakkinen? It's not the first time that Williams drivers that are associated to legendary racing names: Damon Hill, Jacques Villeneuve, Ralf Schumacher, Bruno Senna
I seem to remember there being someone at Williams saying that Damons' pace developing the FW14B was as quick and consistent as Nigel Mansell.
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

Andres125sx

Ana wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 08:12
Rossi kicked Marq or not is a controversial issue still, some videos show that he did while a couple of i saw showed he did not. Well it is debatable.
Not in my humble opinion.

If Rossi didn´t kick Marquez, any reason for Marquez to lie publicly stating Rossi did kick him? Nosense

If Rossi did kick Marquez, any reason for Rossi to lie publicly stating he didn´t kick Marquez? Obviously yes, trying to avoid a penalty.

So to me it´s obvious, specially after watching the replays, there´s no angle showing Rossi´s leg kicking Marquez but it´s easy to see he does something wich is far from usual for a rider. To me it´s exactly the same as Vettel with Hamilton, he assumed (mistakenly) his rival did something wich is not fair, so he took justice by his own, making second and biggest mistake

Vasconia

Vasconia wrote:
22 Nov 2016, 11:54
My current avatar is a placed called Artikutza, as it can be seen, its a mountainous area which is truly beautiful. I have been several times and the forest is one of my favourites places to relax.
Good idea to post the avatar in a bigger picture.

garyjpaterson

Mine is a photoshop render I made for a design project, not a massive fan of the design itself but I like the distinctive colour scheme so use it for avatars a lot..

Here is a larger one:

Ana

Andres125sx wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 18:29
Ana wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 08:12
Not in my humble opinion.

If Rossi didn´t kick Marquez, any reason for Marquez to lie publicly stating Rossi did kick him? Nosense

If Rossi did kick Marquez, any reason for Rossi to lie publicly stating he didn´t kick Marquez? Obviously yes, trying to avoid a penalty.

So to me it´s obvious, specially after watching the replays, there´s no angle showing Rossi´s leg kicking Marquez but it´s easy to see he does something wich is far from usual for a rider. To me it´s exactly the same as Vettel with Hamilton, he assumed (mistakenly) his rival did something wich is not fair, so he took justice by his own, making second and biggest mistake
I completely respect your thoughts and opinion. If i get hold of that analysis video which i came across sometime back. Will surely be sharing with you.

J.A.W.

On this one Ana, I must agree with Andres..

Not to disparage Rossi's longstanding energy,tenacity & career success in his field..
..but IMO, there is definitely a pattern to his involvement in so many 'dubious' racecraft incidents..

& how many times has Rossi been an instigator of such events, & yet been essentially forgiven, due to his 'mana'..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

SiLo

I finally found a decent avatar!
Felipe Baby!

RS200E

Mine is the McLaren MCL32 cockpit viewed from above. I actually really like the livery and that particular section from above looks kind of like the symbol that Kimi uses on his helmet. Always really liked that symbol.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!