F1 Live London event - 12 July 2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
maxxer

Re: 2017 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 14-16 July

This day in london has nothing todo with f1 , when i started following f1 back in the 90's it was free to see on eurosport and every session was on tv , races from Ayrton Senna and Prost, for free.
Now since this whole sky thing and pay per view they complain about viewers and want to make it more spectuclar with drs and crap tyres.
I hope no one will pay or watch and we go back to the good old times where the sport can be what it used to be. Let the arabs and Russian invest in football teams , they have destroyed that sport enough so far. Keep sky far away from your sport to start with as it is never entertaining enough for them to get them more clients to pay 10 pounds a month for it. They would destroy volleybal if they could.

WaikeCU

What if Liberty Media asked every single driver of the grid personally if they want to be there on the event and it just happened to be only Lewis not being able to make the event, because he had other plans? I mean this could be the fact? Of course the press are going to milk the haters side just to stir up some controversy.

He wasn't there at Goodwood either, so what does that mean? Instant Diva!!!

TAG

WaikeCU wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 20:41
What if Liberty Media asked every single driver of the grid personally if they want to be there on the event and it just happened to be only Lewis not being able to make the event, because he had other plans? I mean this could be the fact? Of course the press are going to milk the haters side just to stir up some controversy.

He wasn't there at Goodwood either, so what does that mean? Instant Diva!!!
And he doesn't do race of champions either! You're on to something! Total Diva indeed. :D
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

maxxer

I think Liberty Media should have a half race concert from Katy Perry or Beyonce that would make the race sooo much better

OneAlex

Re: F1 Live London event - 12 July 2017

I think the London Live event was mostly interesting for the gossip it produced!

Apparently Hamilton was booed when his lack of presence was mentioned (compared to cheers for Vettel), and it's interesting that the other drivers were blasting him for it too. But more interestingly is this story
A report in The Daily Mail says that the Briton is unhappy with Mercedes after Toto Wolff attended Sebastian Vettel's 30th birthday party, which they claim 'adds to the suspicion' the Silver Arrows are 'lining up Vettel as a replacement for Hamilton'.

Jonathan McEvoy writes that Wolff's appearance at Vettel's birthday party is 'surprising given that the party took place between the Azerbaijan Grand Prix — at which Vettel rammed Hamilton off the road — and the FIA hearing into the collision the following Monday.'

"It is conceivable that Wolff’s decision to attend Vettel’s shindig is key to Hamilton’s apparent disgruntlement with his team — a situation seemingly so bad that it played a part in his staying away from Trafalgar Square on Wednesday night," McEvoy adds.

McEvoy stated that Hamilton's non-appearance was a 'PR disaster'.

"Hamilton may well have been influenced by Wolff’s equivocal remarks immediately after the Azerbaijan incident, in which Vettel drove into Hamilton in a fit of rage,' he claimed.

"Asked for his comments, Wolff said he needed to speak to Vettel first before pronouncing — a staggeringly open-minded comment from a boss who might have been expected to jump to his man’s defence, not least when Hamilton had been so obviously slighted.

"This all adds to the suspicion that Wolff is lining up Vettel, a German for a German team, as a replacement for Hamilton, whose future plans are uncertain."

Also, the Mayor of London appears to be very receptive indeed to the idea of a London GP going by interviews held during the event, just as Silverstone breaks its contract and Copenhagen becomes a mooted possible race...

skoop

God, the Hamilton no show is blown way out of proportion.
Vettel to Mercedes, because Toto attended a birthday party? Really? Hamiltons jet is red, so I guess that means he'll be driving a Ferrari next season. I mean how can there be any more evidence?
Hamilton needed some time for himself to focus on the championship. How he spends it is completely his own business.

waynes

skoop wrote:
14 Jul 2017, 10:03
How he spends it is completely his own business.
that is completely true. What wont endear him to anyone is when he says about "real fans" being at Silverstone. Do the people who attended the London event not count?

He loves England. Said with an increasingly American accent.

Gettingonabit

OneAlex wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 23:43
A report in The Daily Mail...........................

The Daily Mail !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well it must be true then. :lol:

OneAlex

Gettingonabit wrote:
14 Jul 2017, 21:23
OneAlex wrote:
A report in The Daily Mail...........................

The Daily Mail !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well it must be true then. :lol:
Note I left the "news" part out of newstory but kept the "story" part :D I thought it was a fun piece of gossip but yeah, given it's from the DM I'm not taking it seriously either. :P

Just_a_fan

OneAlex wrote:

Apparently Hamilton was booed when his lack of presence was mentioned (compared to cheers for Vettel),
Well, on Sunday they cheered Hamilton to the echo so all must have been forgiven.

They also cheered Vettel but only when his tyre failed... :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

RicME85

Over the last few years Hamilton has been slated for doing his own thing between races and accused of not concentrating on the championship, the one time he decides to skip a promo event so he can focus on the coming race he gets slated. Ridiculous.

waynes

RicME85 wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 00:44
Over the last few years Hamilton has been slated for doing his own thing between races and accused of not concentrating on the championship, the one time he decides to skip a promo event so he can focus on the coming race he gets slated. Ridiculous.
i think you miss the point.

All drivers were requested to attend. All drivers except one did attend. This event was a promotion for the British Grand Prix and Formula 1 as a whole in Lewis Hamiltons country of birth. Of course by winning the grand prix Lewis has managed to come out largely unscathed but the new followers generated, and especially the younger fans who were there in London will more likely be VER/RIC/VET/ALO fans than HAM.

The crowd at Silverstone were much more supportive of Lewis (not me, Kimi is my guy 8) ) and rightly so, he represents Britains best chance of winning the race

I also should point out the british media is the most toxic bunch of scum and its getting worse. Not at all shocked he got panned over here and its disgusting the way the press use stories such as this to sell papers / get website clicks

I genuinely hope F1 Live is brought to more cities around the world, we had Mclaren running in Manchester the other year. To see Jenson Button blasting up and down Deansgate in F1 machinery was quite the sight :)