2017 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Schuttelberg

Re: 2017 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Renault

For me, the launch of the year!!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Peter1919

I reckon this is my favourite livery out of this year's cars, the colours just work so well together. Also loving the fact that finally Torro Rosso and Redbull cars are totally distinct from each other.

Manoah2u

Most gorgeous car of the year, and above any expectation. I could see them doing very impressive things this year.

Livery is absolutely outstanding and reminds me of another car from the 90's that i think lookad fantastic, the 1996 Arrows/Footwork - Hart.

thoroughly suprised on their technical side. That slender nose, those mercedes-style front suspension (i can see RB mounting that in melbourne too), those camera mounting pods,
the sidepod intake configuration, its' cars shortness, the monkey seat design, and that's just the launch spec car. much more impressed with TR compared to RB to be honest.

hoping to see great things from this team.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

GTO99

Italiano wrote:http://www.armedcats.net/image/view/OcUE6mDJi2sdUJMP

Livery up there with Sauber and Ferrari. Top work.
Outstanding! Distinctive. Best livery of the field.
=D>

Vasconia

GTO99 wrote:
Italiano wrote:http://www.armedcats.net/image/view/OcUE6mDJi2sdUJMP

Livery up there with Sauber and Ferrari. Top work.
Outstanding! Distinctive. Best livery of the field.
=D>
I dont like those colours but for some reason the combination works and it looks nice. Good job.

The car itself seems to be very good, very well developed. It seems that TR has built another great chasis. =D>

Mansell89

Tidy start in Practice from Toro Rosso- they have built a really interesting car and it can't be too much of a bad thing to look a bit like a Mercedes!

Hope to see some more progress from them as the year goes on- Sainz looks a smart driver. I'd love to see him tag himself onto the back of the chasing pack.

f1316

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kvya ... al-892418/

Kvyat's an interesting one. He's been qualifying well this year and his quali pace vs Ricciardo was also good, but for some reason I don't see him as a top top guy, whereas Sainz should be.

Ultimately I think it comes down to race craft. There are guys - like Massa for one - who can qualify well and drive well at the front, dominating races with the right car, but you never feel they're going maximise everything in the race - getting all the overtakes done at the first opportunity or doing every lap of the race like quali to make an alternate strategy work.

I see Kvyat in the same way.

JuanjoTS

M greenhouse

://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/toro-rosso-i ... gp-930103/

Find this surprising.
Damaged wheel tether tied up rather than be replaced, with the team then REFUSING to replace the damage tether.

Is a situation like this happened before on such a safety critical part?

Moose

What... the... ---...

Seriously, who at Torro Roso thought this was a good idea? In the best case scenario they'd get what they did get. In the worst case scenario, sainz's wheel would come off in a crash, hit someone on the head, and they'd all be facing man slaughter charges.

Manoah2u

you should do some research on the matter. they refused to replace the damaged tether because it was actually by far strong enough.

the media blowed this out of proportions. it was brought to their attention, then they went to take a look, discovered this, concluded it is unsafe and demanded they replace it, then got to hear no from toro rosso. the media fails to report then why toro rosso did not replace it right there right then and the fia accepted the reason and understood and concluded it was not as unsafe as they initially concluded upon first view.

here you go, do a good read here, it's short and clear as day.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3558 ... -incident/
The FIA has cleared Toro Rosso of any wrongdoing after the team was alleged to have attempted to enter a car in an unsafe condition at this weekend's British Grand Prix.

Stewards convened on Friday morning and decreed that Toro Rosso had not attempted to mislead the Technical Delegate, and that it had replaced the relevant part, enabling the car to pass scrutineering.
and now the RELEVANT PART
An additional issue that the stewards considered was the presence of knots within the tether.

The stewards were informed by the team and the relevant manufacturer that these were standard in tethers and have been duly tested for use and homologated with these knots present.
storm in a glass of water.
this is what happens when uninformed people - ignorant people - scream bloody murder over nothing.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Andres125sx

And Kvyat ruins the whole team GP... and still blame Carlos for turing into him, when reality is he collided with Sainz after loosing control of his car :wtf: #-o

Manoah2u

Kvyat is not doing much good to himself right now. It's starting to look somehow a repeat of his RedBull wrecking ball streak which cost him his RB seat and saw him degraded back to Toro Rosso. If he doesn't fix this right now, he's off to never get back into F1 ever again and frankly, he's really only himself to blame.

Sainz didn't do much good on his supposed attitude towards the RB team 'heads', but he has no blame for getting taken out by Kvyat or others in the past races. Apart from that, Sainz' driving skills speak for themselves, i don't think there needs to be much (or any) complaints there, he's seriously fast and capable. Unfortunately, it's not just about that. You can be slow, moan, bring no results, have an iq less then your fingers combined, and still get race seats [Ericsson]. Then you can be a blazingly fast driver that slices through the field and you're off before you can blink an eye [ Kobayashi ].

Imagine both Sainz and Kvyat actually getting replaced mid-season. o.O
Sainz because Marko thinks he's bigger than god, and then Kvyat because he sometimes mistakes himself for a bowling ball.

Has something like that ever happened before? 2 drivers replaced before the season was over?

ME4ME

Both drivers have messed up multiple times this season. Sainz in Bahrain and Canada. Kyvat in Austria and Silverstone (maybe more, i don't remember). Bottom line is these drivers should know by now that it's vitally important for them to finish each race and bring points to the team. Toro Rosso aims to be fifth. Also it is a fundamental requirement in order to drive for a top team such as Red Bull.

I think Sainz, however unhappy he might be will drive for Toro Rosso next year, as confirmed and planned currenty, and Kvyat will end up being replaced.

SR71

If rumors of STR changing to Honda next year pan-out I think it would be wise for Sainz to stay at STR.

For me that would indicate a potential RB-Honda works partnership and Sainz having experience with Honda at STR would greatly benefit him if he moves to the mothership.

He should also learn from a certain other Spainard about good things coming to those who wait.