2017 F1 general testing thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
etusch

Re: 2017 F1 general testing thread

That statement shows only what is Bullier. I think McLaren must find someone for that position

Thunder

Boullier said he doesn't know why it was a troublefree Day because the Wednesday Spec was exactly the same as the Tuesday Engine. Nakamura spoke about the Updates for Testing in General and that they have updated the MGU-H, so they were hoping it would be better reliability wise. Well it wasn't on Tuesday, but it was on Wednesday. Honda doesn't even know why so many MGU-H failures appeared in Bahrain. Hence Boulliers remark. I really don't know what would be contradicting there but i get that the Boullier haters grasp at every straw......
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Henne

Thunders wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 09:11
Boullier said he doesn't know why it was a troublefree Day because the Wednesday Spec was exactly the same as the Tuesday Engine. Nakamura spoke about the Updates for Testing in General and that they have updated the MGU-H, so they were hoping it would be better reliability wise. Well it wasn't on Tuesday, but it was on Wednesday. Honda doesn't even know why so many MGU-H failures appeared in Bahrain. Hence Boulliers remark. I really don't know what would be contradicting there but i get that the Boullier haters grasp at every straw......
Well then that's really something to worry about... At least I hope they realize what parameters where changed to get this kind of reliability.

I believe the engineers do... Boullier doesn't, or doesn't want to get deeper on it to protect the face of McLaren further. He can't go and tell the world after one succesful testing day: "We have solved the vibrations" and then get another breakdown after 2 laps in Socchi :).

Let's hope they fixed this vibrator thing :) ;)

etusch

I am sure Bullier does not want Honda. This is Dennis's project and he is not agree with Dennis about it. Now there is not Dennis and he feels very comfortable.
I am sure if there were Dennis Alo couldn't pull the car from race too. I like mclaren but I dont like Dennis too.

Andres125sx

Vasconia wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 07:51
Andres125sx wrote:
19 Apr 2017, 18:54
According to Marca, McLaren has completed 81 laps on day2, improving their (Vandorne) qualy lap by two tenths, despite using soft tires! :o :D

I´ve not followed the tests and to me Marca is far from a reliable source as they´re gutter (that´s the reason I didn´t even mention their headline :roll: ), so if any of you have any further info, we McLaren fans are eager to get some positive news! :D
The weird thing is that Bullier says "we have no idea why we have had such a good day" while Honda implies that they may have solved the problems with their MUGH. What a coordinated team... :mrgreen:
Indeed :mrgreen: :lol:

djos

etusch wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 09:53
I am sure Bullier does not want Honda. This is Dennis's project and he is not agree with Dennis about it. Now there is not Dennis and he feels very comfortable.
I am sure if there were Dennis Alo couldn't pull the car from race too. I like mclaren but I dont like Dennis too.
oh rubbish, you rarely get to the top of F1 with a customer engine, Mclaren did the right thing bringing Honda back into the sport - unfortunately Honda have made a lot of mistakes along the way ... however if they can eventually produce a competitive PU, then it all the pain will make the victories that much more satisfying for Mclaren.
"In downforce we trust"

etusch

djos wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 11:12
etusch wrote:
oh rubbish, you rarely get to the top of F1 with a customer engine, Mclaren did the right thing bringing Honda back into the sport - unfortunately Honda have made a lot of mistakes along the way ... however if they can eventually produce a competitive PU, then it all the pain will make the victories that much more satisfying for Mclaren.
I am sorry if I cant explain my thought corectly. I like Honda and I like to see Honda in F1. I also think that that decision of Dennis had made were right decision and Honda also right choise. I just feel that Bullier does not think that way

djos

etusch wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 11:16
djos wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 11:12
etusch wrote:
I am sorry if I cant explain my thought corectly. I like Honda and I like to see Honda in F1. I also think that that decision of Dennis had made were right decision and Honda also right choise. I just feel that Bullier does not think that way
I'd suggest Bullier is just frustrated as he's the guy who fronts the media to explain Honda's latest Charlie Foxtrot.

I'm a Major Incident & Problem Manager (ICT) and I can honestly say that when you are delivering continued bad news for months on end with very little progress to show, it's pretty tough on you as an individual.
"In downforce we trust"

godlameroso

Boullier gets paid regardless. As far as I'm concerned, we can bitch and moan all we want, at the end of the day no one will feel worse than Honda itself. Not just the frustration of not being competitive, but also because they are the ones investing the time and resources, I don't know how hard the people in Woking are working. The people in Honda are working a lot of sleepless nights, flat out in order to make progress, and it must be incredibly frustrating to put in all that effort and for the results to be such a let down. Like an athlete with an injury, they know they can perform better, they simply can't and have to wait until the injury heals, meanwhile the team suffers as a result. No amount of frustration can mend broken bones or strained muscles, nature simply has to take it's course, and if it means the team loses or doesn't make the playoffs that's just how things work.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

When does Kubica get his chance in the Renault?
Saishū kōnā

Manoah2u

Tomorrow. Today he passed the 5-sec escape test.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

godlameroso

McLaren had an oil leak?
Saishū kōnā

Craigy

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 14:07
Tomorrow. Today he passed the 5-sec escape test.
From 2018 it's no longer going to be a 5-second test anyway: it'll be either 8 or 10 with the Halo.

Manoah2u

I know, but that doesn't matter. he passed the 5-sec escape test today. He needs to do that because he's participating tomorrow in the test.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Gerhardsa

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 19:04
I know, but that doesn't matter. he passed the 5-sec escape test today. He needs to do that because he's participating tomorrow in the test.
And race from Spa onwards... :mrgreen: