2017 F1 Mid-Season Test - Hungaroring, 01-02 August

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
waynes

Re: 2017 F1 Mid-Season Test - Hungaroring, 01-02 August

NathanOlder wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 14:02
Lando is Lewis2.0

ESPImperium

ChrisDanger wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 18:26
Ghiotto and Kubica were neck and neck, going for the highest total laps, and separated by a single lap for most of the day, but I see Kubica must have stopped a little earlier. Still, an impressive day for someone who was unsure of his fitness.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGPKHlgXcAAodgt.jpg:large
Reason being that Renault did a period of pit stop practice for an hour with the team doing in-out/in-out/in-out laps, sometimes doing surprise box/box/box sectors as well, sometimes leaving Bob out for 3 or 4 laps. They were trying to get their pit crew into a better, leaner, meaner pit crew. It also gives Bob a idea on the pit procedures of the team as well.

Im going to be controversial here and say that Renault will have him back in the car as a race driver in Spa if Bob decides he is up to the task, if he needs some more training and strength, he will train towards it. However, this test is a sign that Renault are seriously looking at Bob as Palmers replacement. However that seat is hotly contested by Alonso, Sainz, Rowland and I'm sure Latifi is also in the frame as well after his outing yesterday.

There is so much talent out there in F1 and lower categories these days that we now have a glut of good drivers. I can see two more teams joining soon in F1 as we need some new junior teams for Honda for one and probably Renault once STR leave for Honda. 4 engine suppliers with 3 teams each, and F1 will have its balance back again.

This test has answered enough of my questions, time will tell me if i will have them answered in full.

NathanOlder

But Kubica doesn't have a super licence for Spa ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

kptaylor

NathanOlder wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 23:49
From Wikipedia: "The FIA (International Automobile Federation) Super Licence is a qualification allowing the licence-holder to compete in the Formula One World Championship as a driver. The licence is issued to drivers who have met criteria of success in junior motorsport categories, or in exceptional circumstances, those who have not met those criteria but have demonstrated "outstanding ability in single-seater formula cars" and achieved 300 kilometres (190 miles) of running in a Formula One car."

Given that he still has his license from before. Do they expire? Regardless, his testing stints should give him mileage, too.

Manoah2u

NathanOlder wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 23:49
he actually has one, so........
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

marmer

And it's not like it's an actual test you just need to buy it from the FIA once you have enough points.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Thunder

I got to say great Job by Kubica, but Norris was more impressive to me.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

djos

Thunders wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 07:22
but Norris was more impressive to me.
With a name like that I expect him to be freaking amazing!

Spawn of Chuck?

"In downforce we trust"

Vasconia

Thunders wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 07:22
I got to say great Job by Kubica, but Norris was more impressive to me.
I just need to take a look to Kubika´s arm to be sure that no one can impress me more tan him.

Said that, Lando did a great job.

cirrusflyer

FW17 wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 08:57
cirrusflyer wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 20:40
274!! laps for Merc?!
What did they test?
They had 2 cars on track
That explains it...tnx to all for info.
If flying were the language of man, soaring would be its poetry.
It's all about technology!
When you go fast, do not hesitate to go faster!

waynes

any explanation why both Vettel and Kimi were testing? obviously they can have whoever driving the car but to have both of them driving stood out for me.

new parts and getting both drivers feedback?

Chene_Mostert

waynes wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 08:17
any explanation why both Vettel and Kimi were testing? obviously they can have whoever driving the car but to have both of them driving stood out for me.

new parts and getting both drivers feedback?

It was done to prevent backlash from Mercedes AMG F1 Power + team driver supporters.

Had the run Vet only, they would say the team is giving him unfair advantage in the car.

Had they used Kimmi only, they would say the team is giving Vet an unfair advantage by allowing him to rest more between races.
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

waynes

fair enough, as a kimi fan though i would hardly be crying that Vettel had a few hours testing the car he's paid handsomely to drive

will Kimi get extra time in FP1 to make up for the lost time?

yours

a fuming Kimi fan