2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
vantage87

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Honda will bring the 4th specification of its engine to Belgium
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... &sandbox=1

"Specification 2 was introduced in Barcelona, ​​we were already working on Specification 3. At that time, we knew we were working on some good things but were not ready at the moment, so we needed a few more months for them," he said. Honda's chief Jusuke Hasegawa.

Implementation of the second and third specifications separated 6 weeks, the fourth specification will be deployed 9 weeks after the third - before it was originally expected. Its performance is initially only slightly higher (up to 15 hp), but Honda hopes it will provide the potential for a larger increase before the Fifth Specification.

godlameroso

Kalun wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 10:07
We have to give Vandoorne until early next year to adapt with his machinery and gain track experience. I've been following his Super formula race last year. He is not good when he is on the track that he never race before. But on the second round on the same track, he got podium and 1st place.
I was disappointed that he could not prove himself in Bahrain because his HONDA engine let him down.
While not entirely the same, I'm sure he spends plenty of time in the simulator.
Saishū kōnā

Andres125sx

ZakB wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 14:16
Kalun wrote:
We have to give Vandoorne until early next year to adapt with his machinery and gain track experience. I've been following his Super formula race last year. He is not good when he is on the track that he never race before. But on the second round on the same track, he got podium and 1st place.
I was disappointed that he could not prove himself in Bahrain because his HONDA engine let him down.
I would give him to the end of the season, but I highly doubt that he will be anywhere close Alonso. Vandoorne has won his titles against losers.
He´s performing noticeably better in last races, so considering he´s still a rookie and has one of the most if not the most difficult team mate, I´ll give him some more credit

etusch

Andres125sx wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 18:21
ZakB wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 14:16
Kalun wrote:
I would give him to the end of the season, but I highly doubt that he will be anywhere close Alonso. Vandoorne has won his titles against losers.
He´s performing noticeably better in last races, so considering he´s still a rookie and has one of the most if not the most difficult team mate, I´ll give him some more credit
There is only one testing day in hand and new guy did his run in second day which may be cause better car settings but it seems like that new guy is a very fast man

Mansell89

vantage87 wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 18:13
Honda will bring the 4th specification of its engine to Belgium
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... &sandbox=1

"Specification 2 was introduced in Barcelona, ​​we were already working on Specification 3. At that time, we knew we were working on some good things but were not ready at the moment, so we needed a few more months for them," he said. Honda's chief Jusuke Hasegawa.

Implementation of the second and third specifications separated 6 weeks, the fourth specification will be deployed 9 weeks after the third - before it was originally expected. Its performance is initially only slightly higher (up to 15 hp), but Honda hopes it will provide the potential for a larger increase before the Fifth Specification.
This is potentially very big news not for this season but with regards to the gains next season and making that step towards competitive respectability.

Spec 3 has yielded some more promising reliability and if step 4 continues that they can keep chipping away at the horsepower.

Andy Cowell got it bang on when he said he felt Honda had gone in the wrong direction when they first returned and his recent comments suggesting he feels they will now be likely to get it right sooner rather than later suggests he knows they've turned a corner, long term at least. (Especially given that there's been some Merc guidance apparantly)

As always though, it is about delivering it on track.

Thunder

Posts deleted. Feel free to open a Topic about "When is a Man a Man" in the Off Topic Section. But this Thread is NOT the Place for it. Thanks.

PS: If anyone wants their lenghty Texts PM'ed to them for that Matter feel free to Contact me.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mclaren111

McLaren.com
SATOSHI NAKAMURA, Honda R&D Co. Ltd Principal Engineer

“On day two of the post-Hungarian Grand Prix test, we carried on with our tests from yesterday, related to performance and driveability on the power unit side.

“The team fitted some new elements after the lunch break, slightly delaying our return to the track. However, Lando still managed to complete 91 laps in his first outing behind the wheel of the MCL32. We were also able to collect precious data for further improvement of both performance and reliability, in readiness for a good start to the second half of the season.

Positive news for the second half of the season :D :D

diffuser

Thunders wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 09:21
Posts deleted. Feel free to open a Topic about "When is a Man a Man" in the Off Topic Section. But this Thread is NOT the Place for it. Thanks.

PS: If anyone wants their lenghty Texts PM'ed to them for that Matter feel free to Contact me.
not sure if that was intentionally funny but it was.

bill shoe

Mansell89 wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 23:25

Andy Cowell got it bang on when he said he felt Honda had gone in the wrong direction when they first returned and his recent comments suggesting he feels they will now be likely to get it right sooner rather than later suggests he knows they've turned a corner, long term at least. (Especially given that there's been some Merc guidance apparantly)
Problem is they've lost close to a full year going in the wrong direction and then recovering in the right direction. That's a year that's permanently lost in terms of catching up, they can never get it back.

ZakB

bill shoe wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 22:18
Mansell89 wrote:

Problem is they've lost close to a full year going in the wrong direction and then recovering in the right direction. That's a year that's permanently lost in terms of catching up, they can never get it back.
You're right, they should accepted their loss earlier.

loner

ZakB wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 23:21
bill shoe wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 22:18
Mansell89 wrote:

You're right, they should accepted their loss earlier.
ever heard of tokens ?! plus they couldn't care less they need the technology coz TPTB want a world depend less on petroleum so Honda or whatever must obey :mrgreen:
we already decades late of what Nicolas Tesla was doing.. intentionally indeed.
para bellum.

diffuser

They switched to this years PU in August 2016 ? That's what I remember reading. Honda and McLaren decided to start from scratch. They might have started a month earlier at the max ? Don't remember when the decision came down about the token system but it was no earlier than May. 4 months from August to when they had a PU on the test bench.

godlameroso

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns37095.html

Not sure how reliable this is, but apparently McLaren wants to keep it's current lineup.
Saishū kōnā

taperoo2k

godlameroso wrote:
08 Aug 2017, 17:10

Not sure how reliable this is, but apparently McLaren wants to keep it's current lineup.
Makes sense, probably better to keep two drivers who know the McLaren working environment and have
an understanding of the Honda PU and what needs to be done to improve it. Alonso options don't appear to be that
good but it's F1 anything can happen. I think he'd be better off signing a one year extension to keep his options
open for 2019.

GoranF1

taperoo2k wrote:
08 Aug 2017, 23:02
godlameroso wrote:
08 Aug 2017, 17:10

Makes sense, probably better to keep two drivers who know the McLaren working environment and have
an understanding of the Honda PU and what needs to be done to improve it. Alonso options don't appear to be that
good but it's F1 anything can happen. I think he'd be better off signing a one year extension to keep his options
open for 2019.
But only 1 of them has good understaning of Renault engines.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."