2017 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa Francorchamps, 25-27 August

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
GPR-A duplicate2

Re: 2017 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa Francorchamps, 25-27 August

FrukostScones wrote:
11 Aug 2017, 12:58
the dutch hordes at the track will be be so delighted :mrgreen:
I would like to see Max win this for the crowd that he pulls in Belgium. Last year it was great in terms of orange crowd and this year, no doubt should be better than that. It would be like Lewis pulling crowd and winning it for them in Silverstone.

WaikeCU

GPR-A wrote:
11 Aug 2017, 13:46
FrukostScones wrote:
11 Aug 2017, 12:58
the dutch hordes at the track will be be so delighted :mrgreen:
I would like to see Max win this for the crowd that he pulls in Belgium. Last year it was great in terms of orange crowd and this year, no doubt should be better than that. It would be like Lewis pulling crowd and winning it for them in Silverstone.
If Vandoorne wins it, it probably be even better :lol:

Manoah2u

Something tells me there'll be more Dutch than Belgian fans...............
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Godius

Manoah2u wrote:
13 Aug 2017, 11:51
Something tells me there'll be more Dutch than Belgian fans...............
Last year they lit up a lot of orange smoke torches before eau rouge and raidillon, which looked quite nice but was rather dangerous.

Manoah2u

I hope we won't be getting football-like hooligan scenarios in the (near) future in F1. i understand that fans want to be close and involved in some sense, but i'm just amazed about the stampede when gates open and the fans crowd like ants towards the podium ceremony, and not in the least have i seen excessive alcohol abuse in events. thankfully, it is not a standard but rather still an exception, but combinations of redbull and beer do some weird stuff to people.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

godlameroso

Like dehydration?
Saishū kōnā

ClarkBT11

Loose their Inhibitions, and enjoy themselves, god forbid. It's human nature to want to be first in line. I don't think there's enough rivalry in F1 for hooliganism nor do you have to be a football fan to be one.

Manoah2u

I think you're missing the point.

throwing flares or torches around obstructing the view is not a thing called enjoying yourself, it's going too far. i make the comparison to football since that's exactly where it happens too.
i'm not talking about not enjoying yourselves, but likewise in the first GP AUS it was just plain dangerous and silly with the public running on track before the cars were in the pit.
There's enjoying yourself and there's emotions taking over. Nobody is saying people need to sit like grey robots in a grandstand and keep their mouths shut.

the example brought up of torches last year is a prime example of just how easily things can turn into something complicated.
and that includes cases like the guy running on track on singapore a while ago and the year after or so on another track, somebody just crossing the track iirc.

PlatinumZealot

Manoah2u wrote:
13 Aug 2017, 14:01
I hope we won't be getting football-like hooligan scenarios in the (near) future in F1. i understand that fans want to be close and involved in some sense, but i'm just amazed about the stampede when gates open and the fans crowd like ants towards the podium ceremony, and not in the least have i seen excessive alcohol abuse in events. thankfully, it is not a standard but rather still an exception, but combinations of redbull and beer do some weird stuff to people.
I would call it a mass evening jog more than a frenzied stampede though. haha. We are definitely far away from stampede levels of passion in F1. The fanbois haven't started insulting our mothers yet have they?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u

PlatinumZealot wrote:
13 Aug 2017, 23:34
Manoah2u wrote:
13 Aug 2017, 14:01
I would call it a mass evening jog more than a frenzied stampede though. haha. We are definitely far away from stampede levels of passion in F1. The fanbois haven't started insulting our mothers yet have they?
:lol: :lol:

NathanOlder

Flares and smoke bombs are everywhere in the motogp paddock. A sea of yellow nearly every race is guaranteed, no one complains, everyone enjoys it. So i dont see why the dutch can't try and make Spa orange, just for one day. Maybe Max can be a Hero ? Just for one day.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Manoah2u

NathanOlder wrote:
14 Aug 2017, 08:44
Flares and smoke bombs are everywhere in the motogp paddock. A sea of yellow nearly every race is guaranteed, no one complains, everyone enjoys it. So i dont see why the dutch can't try and make Spa orange, just for one day. Maybe Max can be a Hero ? Just for one day.
#-o who was talking about the paddock. read and remember.

a tiny slip of the wind and that would have been all over the track, which means drivers couldnt see squad and you could get situations like where the junior formula driver lost his legs by slamming high speed in somebody he didnt see.

a little thing to remember

more than one football match has been needed to be halted because of 'people enjoying themselves' go too far and throw stuff down and there is no way to play.

in a football match, that is at the very least uncomfortable and a unneccesary loss of time.
in F1, with cars driving 200 miles an hour, that can be lethal.

in the end, nothing happened last year, but again, there was serious concern about that just a tiny change of the wind or flow could completely cover the track - a real threat, not just some farfetched doomsday scenario.

George-Jung

Manoah2u wrote:
14 Aug 2017, 16:24
NathanOlder wrote:
14 Aug 2017, 08:44
#-o who was talking about the paddock. read and remember.

https://hbvlcdn.akamaized.net/Assets/Im ... xwidth=700
https://www.spagrandprix.com/assets/7a8 ... h-fans.jpg

a tiny slip of the wind and that would have been all over the track, which means drivers couldnt see squad and you could get situations like where the junior formula driver lost his legs by slamming high speed in somebody he didnt see.

a little thing to remember

http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014 ... 1000&h=535

more than one football match has been needed to be halted because of 'people enjoying themselves' go too far and throw stuff down and there is no way to play.

in a football match, that is at the very least uncomfortable and a unneccesary loss of time.
in F1, with cars driving 200 miles an hour, that can be lethal.

in the end, nothing happened last year, but again, there was serious concern about that just a tiny change of the wind or flow could completely cover the track - a real threat, not just some farfetched doomsday scenario.
It makes a big difference if they do it during- or after the race.

In Motogp they also use a lot of smoke especially 'the Doctor' fans..

U are seeing ghosts my friend.

Peace

Manoah2u

it was during the race, friend.

NathanOlder

Moto GP rossi fans are always doing it during the on track action pal

[youtube]https://youtu.be/j7SUvOhKIBY[/youtube]
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC