[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
variante

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

rjsa wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 23:32
I logged on but can't see the download link for MFlow...
Try refreshing the page
It worked for me

rjsa
rjsa

Duhhh. That did it, tks.

Ft5fTL

I got almost doubled Cl and Cd with the same car. Is there somethig wrong with the new version?
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

LVDH

I hope not, I did not change anything related to solving.

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:
02 Sep 2017, 15:59
I hope not, I did not change anything related to solving.
Thanks for the update! I get so many useful informations from the new feature. I also like the numbers about the contribution of each component to front and rear df.

Ft5fTL

The aditional stuff on the solver is very helping, so does the new streamlines but as i said i got some wrong numbers. There is no way i could get 1.57 cd and 7 cl on a low drag setup.

CAEdevice

Ft5fTL wrote:
02 Sep 2017, 19:05
The aditional stuff on the solver is very helping, so does the new streamlines but as i said i got some wrong numbers. There is no way i could get 1.57 cd and 7 cl on a low drag setup.
In the "solver.log" file I see the correct values (many groups of measures, one for each component). I did not complete the simulation yet, so I can't say anything about the html report.

LVDH

Please someone confirm that you get the exact same values as before. Nothing should have changed. We need to make sure that Ft5fTL is making some kind of user error.

CAEdevice

I will check the html report tomorrow, but the solver.log is ok.

A question about the new feature: if I need to measure the df of a partial volume of the car body, do I have to split the body into two parts (and put them in the same folder)?

LVDH

Right now every part in the vehicle_body and the high_res folders are measured separately. So if your body consists of a cockpit, a floor and fenders you could just put them as separate body into the vehicle body folder and you will see the forces for all of these parts instead of a combined body force.

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:
02 Sep 2017, 20:35
Right now every part in the vehicle_body and the high_res folders are measured separately. So if your body consists of a cockpit, a floor and fenders you could just put them as separate body into the vehicle body folder and you will see the forces for all of these parts instead of a combined body force.
Ok, for now I have just separated the mirrors for a test.

Ft5fTL

LVDH wrote:
02 Sep 2017, 19:35
Please someone confirm that you get the exact same values as before. Nothing should have changed. We need to make sure that Ft5fTL is making some kind of user error.
Looks like its an post processing issue. Everything seems normal on the solver.log.

rjsa
rjsa

I have a request: Can on the next release the full force coefs be written last on the log? So that we can have them readable on screen between interactions during calculations?

CAEdevice

I have just checked the results of an old simulation repeated with the latest WFlow pre processor: everything is ok (HTML report included).
The only issue is that there is no data about the heat exchangers flow (but it is written in solver.log and the value is correct).

Ft5fTL

I have no idea what the issue was but it's fixed now. I should have test at least twice before writing.