2017 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, 15-17 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
WaikeCU

Re: 2017 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, 15-17 September

I personally think Hamilton will be mighty here. It all comes down to how the Merc behaves around this circuit. Lewis is great at street courses and if this isn't the best car suited for this track, the driver still can make the difference and with the momentum he has after Spa and Monza, he could be in a different zone. In 2009 the Mclaren certainely wasn't the best car around, but he did put that car on pole in Singapore with a mighty lap and also won the race as well. It all remains to be seen on how the Merc has overcome it's issues early in the season.

godlameroso

Prediction quali
Vettel 1:39ish
Verstappen
Bottas
Riccardo
Raikkonen
Alonso
Hamilton
Hulkenberg
Vandoorne
Ocon
Sainz

Race
Vettel
Verstappen
Bottas
Riccardo
Hamilton
Alonso
Raikkonen
Vandoorne
Hulkenberg
Ocon
Sainz
Saishū kōnā

AMG.Tzan

I wanted to post this in the Italian GP thread but since it's locked i'll post it here
Ricciardo's pass on Kimi reminded me of a similar move by Hamilton on Kimi exactly 10 years ago on the same circuit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzFDvZhntvQ

It will be nice if the mods can move this into the Italian GP thread
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

ringo

I think merc are downplaying their learning and improving the car. They are making it look like they cant do anything about this track and throw in the towel to ferrari and redbull. I dont believe it one minute. They are coming here to win.

Perez looks quite close to max on the points table. If it were another track i would bet on him getting ahead if max on points at this point. But the redbull should do well here. Maybe give max another win if he is more careful.
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

All these guys. Look at you!

I am sticking my head out. Lewis for pole by a country mile.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

f1316

As has been said, this is basically a must win (or must beat Mercedes) for Ferrari, so the pressure's on; but Vettel's very strong here - his quali laps in 2015 were miles faster than anyone else (inc his teammate) which was reminiscent of his 2013 performance where he didn't even bother with a 2nd run (almost cost him) - so I suspect he'll put it on pole.

But I get the impression the RB will be strong with both drivers, so don't expect another 1-2.

As has also been said, Bottas has outperformed Hamilton when the car's been poor - Russia, Monaco, Hungary - so if the slow speed issues continue, it could be a problem for the championship leader.

That said, I think Vettel will need a big points haul relative to Hamilton here, because I think the subsequent 4 races will be tough.

Schuttelberg

f1316 wrote:
06 Sep 2017, 21:02
As has been said, this is basically a must win (or must beat Mercedes) for Ferrari, so the pressure's on; but Vettel's very strong here - his quali laps in 2015 were miles faster than anyone else (inc his teammate) which was reminiscent of his 2013 performance where he didn't even bother with a 2nd run (almost cost him) - so I suspect he'll put it on pole.

But I get the impression the RB will be strong with both drivers, so don't expect another 1-2.

As has also been said, Bottas has outperformed Hamilton when the car's been poor - Russia, Monaco, Hungary - so if the slow speed issues continue, it could be a problem for the championship leader.

That said, I think Vettel will need a big points haul relative to Hamilton here, because I think the subsequent 4 races will be tough.
That 2015 quali lap from Seb was the stuff of legends!

I still remember Brundle screaming 'he throws the car into the corner and must have been milimetres from the wall.. Vettel's ON IT!"

To which Crofty replies.. 'Vettel's on it.. Vettel's on POLE!'

Ahhh.. memories!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

CBeck113

My prediction, since this is the race thread:
Quali: Vet, Ham, Ves, Bot, Ric, Rai, Alo
Race: Ric, Ves, Alo, Rai, Bot (Vet & Ham crash out to furhter heat up the title fight, Ves leads most of the GP but gets burned by Ric who spent the second stint saving his tires). And Alonso on the podium because McL/Honda is starting to function, right after they decide to separate :-)
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

khaliweed

Has it ever rained in Singapore during a race weekend?

Steven
Owner

The off-topic discussion about consistency (evolving from Mercedes to Senna en then Rosberg :roll: ) has been moved to its own thread
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26668&start=15

CBeck113

THANK YOU STEVEN!!!!!
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

TAG

khaliweed wrote:
07 Sep 2017, 12:08
Was looking back at that same thing, got tired after going back a few years. It's a night race most of the tropical rain is in the afternoons. I couldn't remember any particular examples.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

F1NAC

TAG wrote:
07 Sep 2017, 19:32
khaliweed wrote:
07 Sep 2017, 12:08
Was looking back at that same thing, got tired after going back a few years. It's a night race most of the tropical rain is in the afternoons. I couldn't remember any particular examples.
If that helps, during fp1 in 2010 there were wet patches on circuit :D

NathanOlder

I saw godzilla once
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Stormy

Seb and Ferrari must capitalize on this track or bye bye WDC. Many things are indicating that Merc will struggle so i hope for a Ferrari domination to watch an exciting championship till the very end. What do you guys think about Malaysia though? Will it suit Ferrari?