Mercedes AMG Hyper Car

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Morteza

Re: Mercedes AMG Hyper Car

Jolle wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 21:29
It reminds me a bit of what an evolution of a McLaren F1 should look like.
I agree. Totally get a McLaren F1 vibe from this car, also reminds me of CLK-GTR. God, I love those 90s supercars.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Jolle

Morteza wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 21:35
Jolle wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 21:29
It reminds me a bit of what an evolution of a McLaren F1 should look like.
I agree. Totally get a McLaren F1 vibe from this car, also reminds me of CLK-GTR. God, I love those 90s supercars.
Yes, the frontend of the F1, with the sides of a CLK-GTR (with the low window line) and the rear of the 911GT1?

lio007

Now we finally see Merc' mule car for testing the PU pre-2014 ;-)

VARIANT | one

:wtf: It looks like a late '90s / early '00s kit car...

...also, car makers need to stop trying to make a face out of the front of their cars. My first thought was, “It’s constipated and trying to take an angry s--t.” :lol:

I dunno, whereas the Aston Martin Valkyrie feels like a proper leap forward in road car packaging and aerodynamics, this looks to be a dated concept of a "supercar" with a fat cockpit and the the heat exchangers in the wrong place. Sharkfin looks cool, though.

humble sabot

It'll be fine, I agree with some of the sentiments, but mostly VARIANT's especially regarding the Valkyrie.

Interestingly the cockpit seems to share more with that car than any other
the four immutable forces:
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

TAG

It has the presence of a car that knows it doesn't have to try to hard, it simply needs to be. It would be unfair to compare this to any of the current generation hypercars, the 918, the La Ferrari, this is the first feels like the first car of a new era.

Like watching the Matrix for the first time, you knew you were watching a new type of film that marked the revolution to come thereafter.

Can't wait to see the first track reviews and numbers.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

timbo

Somewhat uninspiring IMO. The tech behind the car is undisputable, but the styling is bland.

Holm86

I like the look of it, its not as aero advanced as the Valkyrie, but it looks very sleek and slippery. Propably very low drag. Just don't like the F1 paint scheme, I've never been a fan of the blue/greenish stuff :-)

iulian_florea

SiLo wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 22:30
McLaren F1 vibes from that shot
This was my first reaction to it, as well. I laughed when they announced the name : Project 1 :lol:
Hamilton said this is the first time this kind of car is properly done.
But how come he drives a manual Zonda? :D

I am more interested in the Newey project, the chassis looks very promising, though it will be more of a race car than a road car IMO.

Andres125sx

TAG wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 05:55
this is the first feels like the first car of a new era.

Like watching the Matrix for the first time, you knew you were watching a new type of film that marked the revolution to come thereafter.

Can't wait to see the first track reviews and numbers.
You´ve mistakenly posted in the Mercedes hyper car thread, instead of the Valkirie from Aston Martin where it belongs :P

Andres125sx

Maybe my expectatios were too high after the Valkirie wich I consider really mindblowing, but to me it´s looks like one more hypercar. BTW, a shark fin? Really? #-o

It´s awesome obviously, but I was expecting something a bit more special

Just_a_fan

Different philosophy to the AM project. Active aero front, centre and rear on the Merc. The AM is more striking, visually, but I wouldn't bet against the Merc being the better overall performer. Have Merc made any F1-matching performance claims or is it just a showcase for their tech?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Holm86

They are two different philosophies, the Merc is a study in powertrain efficiency, and the Aston is all about aero.
Though the Aston will have an amazing engine, it won't be as efficient as the Merc powertrain.

Fulcrum

Always interesting to see the evolution of the hypercars. This one looks like a Ferrari 488 reproduced with a Koenigsegg One:1.

The sharkfin, rooftop air-intake, and rear view mirrors are not my favourite pieces of car design, but I'm sure everything is there for very good reason.