Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
ncassi22

Re: Honda Power Unit

Can the mods please clean this thread? Thanks in advance.

restless

Joseki wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 09:21
Wazari wrote in the team topic that spec 4 will not hit the track this year, that means two things:

1) I was right about it getting delayed to 2018 like it was for the "Malesian update" last year :-P
2) No real update this year, McLaren-Honda will suck until their very last moment.
What?! No spec 4 this year?!
Well, if Mclaren knew about it that really explains it... the last nail

nzjrs

restless wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 12:43
Joseki wrote:
Wazari wrote in the team topic that spec 4 will not hit the track this year, that means two things:

1) I was right about it getting delayed to 2018 like it was for the "Malesian update" last year :-P
2) No real update this year, McLaren-Honda will suck until their very last moment.
What?! No spec 4 this year?!
Well, if Mclaren knew about it that really explains it... the last nail
This little discourse is a nice example of how a hypothetical is repeated as an opinion, then copied into another thread as evidence, and now quoted as proof.

Squid

I doubt the mods care about this thread anymore. I've been asking for a cleanup for a while. It's just too far gone to bother I guess.

Craigy

Squid wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 14:10
I doubt the mods care about this thread anymore. I've been asking for a cleanup for a while. It's just too far gone to bother I guess.
There is a report feature (the little exclamation mark to the top right of each post in the browser version of the site). It works.

ArcticWolfie

Andres125sx wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 18:20
Joseki wrote:

I didn´t read that from Wazari as yourself, IMO he said that as a consequence of the split, not the other way around as you´re implying.

If they split, Honda obviously won´t bother to show McLaren how their PU will evolve, they´re rivals from now on
Honda will throw in spec 5 (faster than Renault's PU) @ Yas Marina to smite McLaren.

Long shot though, but would be quite funny to see.

KingHamilton01

ArcticWolfie wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 19:14
Andres125sx wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 18:20
Joseki wrote:

I didn´t read that from Wazari as yourself, IMO he said that as a consequence of the split, not the other way around as you´re implying.

If they split, Honda obviously won´t bother to show McLaren how their PU will evolve, they´re rivals from now on
Honda will throw in spec 5 (faster than Renault's PU) @ Yas Marina to smite McLaren.

Not a chance, not to mention at the sake of reliability that they haven't managed to sort all season!
McLaren Mercedes

Anony Mous Engineerd

At this point, they have nothing left to lose. Through everything and the kitchen sink in it. The rest of the season with McLaren should be hardcore track testing for next years concepts... Even if McLaren in DNF the rest of the year, they could stand to learn a bunch..

etusch

KingHamilton01 wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 21:44
ArcticWolfie wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 19:14

Not a chance, not to mention at the sake of reliability that they haven't managed to sort all season!
I don't expect such a thing. But to see something like that would be great for me.
Think that renault become very reliable with just one update in 2016. And good performance. Who knows maybe everything will start working with only one thing they changed .

carisi2k

Anony Mous Engineerd wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 22:41
At this point, they have nothing left to lose. Through everything and the kitchen sink in it. The rest of the season with McLaren should be hardcore track testing for next years concepts... Even if McLaren in DNF the rest of the year, they could stand to learn a bunch..
I think it will be better to give red bull / torro rosso immediate access to the PU and to start 24/7 simulator testing to find the issues and provide feedback to Honda for the 2018 PU. Maybe with some red bull assistance the vibration and MGU issues could be fixed and the Honda unit might also end up in the RB14.

With 2 teams working with Honda on the PU it might progress much quicker then it could ever have done with McLaren.

Wazari

Joseki wrote:

I am guessing that if the divorce is real and it seems it is, then Honda will likely not release it to McLaren even if it's ready to go.
The update is real, but now Honda will concentrate on next season exclusively and no incentive to rush the Spec 4.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

Zynerji

Wazari wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 23:38
Joseki wrote:

I am guessing that if the divorce is real and it seems it is, then Honda will likely not release it to McLaren even if it's ready to go.
The update is real, but now Honda will concentrate on next season exclusively and no incentive to rush the Spec 4.
I hope your concept makes the light of day. You are fantastic to read on these forums, and I hope you get to see this masterpiece run on track. We appreciate you, and wish you huge success!

Wazari

Zynerji wrote:
14 Sep 2017, 00:47
Wazari wrote:
Joseki wrote:

I hope your concept makes the light of day. You are fantastic to read on these forums, and I hope you get to see this masterpiece run on track. We appreciate you, and wish you huge success!
Thank you for your kind words. I am confident that the Spec 4 will see the light of day, just probably not in a McLaren at this point.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

loner

Wazari wrote:
14 Sep 2017, 01:41
Zynerji wrote:
Wazari wrote:

Thank you for your kind words. I am confident that the Spec 4 will see the light of day, just probably not in a McLaren at this point.
para bellum.

HPD

loner wrote:
14 Sep 2017, 02:06
Wazari wrote:
14 Sep 2017, 01:41
Zynerji wrote:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-2H-O ... /photo.jpg
Is a Toro Rosso Honda, crossing the bridge (? haha :lol: