2017 Singapore Grand Prix - 1st lap crash discussion

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ripper
ripper

Re: 2017 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, 15-17 September

Well I've seen the replay some times, in my opinion Raikkonen has no responsability, Vettel chops too much, Verstappen didn't see the finnish on his left I guess. Vettel might have some responsability, but i think that Verstappen has more because he was behind both FER, so he should have break instead of going left.

I guess that VES didn't see RAI, I don't think he would purposely banged the red car

fiohaa
fiohaa

the level of cognitive dissonance from some people here is simply astounding.
i can only put it down to completely blind allegiance to a driver/team.
i wanted to watch vettel and max go at it and needed a vettel win to keep me interested in the championship itself, and even I can see just how bad a piece of driving it was by him.
I got nothing further to add - the slomo video and picture i've posted speak for themselves.

i bet if max had done that you'd all be shouting about it.
Last edited by fiohaa on 17 Sep 2017, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.

fiohaa
fiohaa

ripper wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 15:03
Well I've seen the replay some times, in my opinion Raikkonen has no responsability, Vettel chops too much, Verstappen didn't see the finnish on his left I guess. Vettel might have some responsability, but i think that Verstappen has more because he was behind both FER, so he should have break instead of going left.

I guess that VES didn't see RAI, I don't think he would purposely banged the red car
there is no way in Max's mind he would think that Vettel would have continued the squeeze, because what driver would?
that's why he didn't back out.
Vettel has had 2 brain fails this year, and this was 1 of them.

EDIT: And in fact if you watch the video - you'll notice Max DOES start to back out when he realises how mental Vettel's move is........He was even further alongside than Vettel before they eventually touched.
Last edited by fiohaa on 17 Sep 2017, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Max responsability ? Vettel fanboys have no shame...

TAG

fiohaa wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 15:06
the level of cognitive dissonance from some people here is simply astounding.
i can only put it down to completely blind allegiance to a driver/team.
i wanted to watch vettel and max go at it and needed a vettel win to keep me interested in the championship itself, and even I can see just how bad a piece of driving it was by him.
I got nothing further to add - the slomo video and picture i've posted speak for themselves.

i bet if max had done that you'd all be shouting about it.
I would like this post if I could.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

zeph
zeph

Before the race I had a premonition something would happen with Verstappen and Vettel at the start. I missed it and only just tuned in, and no surprise, they took eachother out (although I didn't think Raikkonen and Alonso would be involved, too).

I really should take up gambling...

Zynerji

Spoutnik wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 15:08
By track position, he got the worst start of the top 4. He was beat into the corner, and behind. He should have yielded.

fiohaa
fiohaa

Vettel initiates chop. Note how much Max is alongside Vettel at this point.

Max backs out when he realises Vettel's chop has infinite limits. Note where Max's front right touches Vettels rear left. It is clear that Max is backing out at this point. How can you possibly even remotely lay any blame at Max LOL

Last edited by fiohaa on 17 Sep 2017, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

Shakeman

Zynerji wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 15:11
Spoutnik wrote:
By track position, he got the worst start of the top 4. He was beat into the corner, and behind. He should have yielded.
Absurd!

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

fiohaa wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 15:12

https://i.imgur.com/sTYgHvb.png

Max backs out when he realises Vettel's chop has infinite limits. Note where Max's front right touches Vettels rear left. It is clear that Max is backing out at this point. How can you possibly even remotely lay any blame at Max LOL

https://i.imgur.com/RbTG9g2.png
Great explanation. Simple as that !

ripper
ripper

I'm not saying he should be punished or whatever, it's a race incident and s**t happens. In my opinion, by track position, he was behind Vettel so it should have... what's the english term? yielded? My opinion, non stating the absolute truth... i'd say at least 40% Vettel responsability then feel free to make up for the rest

Zynerji

Shakeman wrote:
Zynerji wrote:
17 Sep 2017, 15:11
Spoutnik wrote:
Absurd!
Absurd is blaming a 4 time champion from defending his position, instead of the 1 win driver who never checked his left mirror... :wtf:

zeph
zeph

Vettel really does take after Schumi...

walter
walter

I woke up early for this race, now feeling gutted... I feel bad for all that crashed out due to the crash on first lap. This could have been a much more interesting race.

JonoNic

Spoutnik wrote:
fiohaa wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/sTYgHvb.png

https://i.imgur.com/RbTG9g2.png
Great explanation. Simple as that !
You are correct. Explained very well. Vettel start the squeeze when Verstappen was along side. However it's going to be a racing incident though.
Always find the gap then use it.