Some rumors about Ferrari's PU
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra ... he-964570/
- Spark plug failure might be the consequence of something else
- Sassi started together with AVL an ambitious plan for 2018 PU: to design a reliable PU with 50 more HP
- This new PU started to had reliability issues on test bench, the failures didn't happen during longevity tests, but much earlier (much less than 5 GP)
- Original plan was to adopt an "earlier version" (or the same version, i'm not 100% sure) of 2018 PU as 2017 EVO4 engine, because 2018 PU should have lasted much more than the 5 GP needed for 2017
- This plan was changed because this new PU didn't match required reliability checks, so they adopted a "plan B"
- EVO4 is a kind of EVO3bis, with some extremized concepts that could have reduced reliability
- Motorsport hasn't any information about Suzuka's problem causes: they don't know if the cracked were created by more turbo pressure or if less oil burnt gave this problem.
- It is possible that engine failures happen after Q2 and Q3 because qualy mode with less oil (and thus less antidetonators) stresses too much the engine and it is possible that the spark plug was "dirtied"