Pirelli supports 'think pink' with pink ultrasoft tyre at COTA

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
GPR-A duplicate2

Pirelli supports 'think pink' with pink ultrasoft tyre at COTA

Pirelli turns F1 tyres pink for United States GP
Pirelli is turning its ultrasoft tyres pink for the United States Grand Prix, as part of Formula 1's push to help breast cancer awareness.

Manoah2u

Re: 2017 United States Grand Prix - COTA, 20-22 October

Will look great on Force India
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Mattchu

GPR-A wrote:
16 Oct 2017, 15:37
Pirelli turns F1 tyres pink for United States GP
Pirelli is turning its ultrasoft tyres pink for the United States Grand Prix, as part of Formula 1's push to help breast cancer awareness.
Nice touch, really good cause as well [not saying others aren`t]...

I`m just hoping for some good racing. This race has grown on me, maybe it`s the fact loads of fans turn up for Checo which is tad different to the norm...

zac510

What a load of crap. Why don't they just donate $500 000 and leave the tyres the normal colour? If they really cared about the cause they'd just donate some money.
The massively wealthy international company will change the paint they use for one week, while encouraging F1 fans to dig deep into their own pockets for charity.

Manoah2u

Personally I agree that to me it doesn't add anything.

Honestly, i have some strong feelings against Pink Ribbon as a thorough dive into the company, and especially it's umbrella organisation, reveals that they are actually part of a pro-abortion organisation which is directly and indirectly responsible for morally questionable acts like the 'abortion boat' for example near the coast of Brazil which is funded through the same umbrella as Pink Ribbon. It has actually been backed up by plenty of material that donations to Pink Ribbon end up also financing this abortion 'wing' under the 'umbrella', hence my disgust with PinkRibbon. I am all for anti-cancer, breastcancer awareness, and such, but i am vividly anti-abortion but what i am even more against is intermingling of 2 of such complete opposite poles. (one is pro life the other is anti life).

Now i won't smear out this forum / board / topic more about this stuff, and i don't want to turn this into some conspiracy discussion, and usually when i get confronted with 'pink ribbon stuff' i ignore stuff like this.

I understand why F1 is being used as a platform as it connects to so many people in so many ways, and i understand F1 is also unfortunately a lot about politics nowadays, so i can understand why such a thing has anything to do with motorsport even if it doesnt, at the same time, exactly because it is politics and exactly because there is such a 'unpleasent' side to it, i throw the above in the air.

Anyway, a pink Force India is pretty enough awareness anyway lol.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Steven
Owner

Re: Pirelli supports 'think pink' with pink ultrasoft tyre at COTA

This is split out of the USA GP race thread.

Please keep it decent. Everybody is free to give their opinion, but when we start bashing around, this will be locked quickly.

And NO POLITICS

djos

zac510 wrote:
16 Oct 2017, 21:16
What a load of crap. Why don't they just donate $500 000 and leave the tyres the normal colour? If they really cared about the cause they'd just donate some money.
The massively wealthy international company will change the paint they use for one week, while encouraging F1 fans to dig deep into their own pockets for charity.
Clearly you don't appreciate healthy breasts as much as some us? Personally I'm a huge fan of them, just ask my wife. :mrgreen:
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Just_a_fan wrote:
16 Oct 2017, 23:54
We all have a right to choose to hold views on subjects - we don't have a right to force others to live by those views.
Nailed it, extremely well said mate! =D>
"In downforce we trust"

Jolle

Isn’t healthcare to deal with breastcancer and such? Oh wait... it’s the America’s... you don’t want that...

Well, as a typical Dutch person (more then half the country are atheïst, compared to most countries great heaktcare, gay marriage since 2000 and tolerant at drugs) I’m of course pro-choice, the opposite didn’t even cross my mind once.

I think it’s good that awareness is being called for, it is a form of cancer that is scary and has a lot of psychological impact. And yes, it’s not a leading cause of death but that doesn’t matter. I also believe that we have a gouverment to make sure that research is done, that’s why we formed it right? To get --- done we can’t do alone.

See a pink ribbon, or for instance movember as a reminder that it could/will happen to you, your mother, your wife or(and!) your daughter.

djos

Off topic comment removed
Anyway, back on topic. There are a lot of women who don't know what to check for themselves or what their risk factors are.

We've made huge strides in education but it doesn't hurt to make sure that awareness doesn't revert to ignorance etc e.g. As it has been recently with vaccinations.

Personally I love my current wife (v2.0) and I plan on seeing out the rest of my days with her, so I encourage her to make sure she's up to date with all relevant health checks, and she does the same for me.

/2c
Last edited by djos on 17 Oct 2017, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
"In downforce we trust"

jz11

djos wrote:
17 Oct 2017, 00:05
Just_a_fan wrote:
16 Oct 2017, 23:54
We all have a right to choose to hold views on subjects - we don't have a right to force others to live by those views.
Nailed it, extremely well said mate! =D>
well, unless you gather enough people with that same attitude, get them to vote, and then you can basically enforce quite a lot of things that some other groups may not want to agree with - it is called democracy... add some lobby and religion in the mix, well, you get the idea - dark side of the "free" world

Just_a_fan

djos wrote:
17 Oct 2017, 10:55

Personally I love my current wife (v2.0) and I plan on seeing out the rest of my days with her, so I encourage her to make sure she's up to date with all relevant health checks, and she does the same for me.
SWMBO recently had her regular check up. All good, which is great.

In the UK, as with some other countries, these checks are available for free. Sadly, many don't bother.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

TAG

Figured I'd bring some sorely needed data to this discussion. Breast cancer is incredibly over funded when compared to research for other types of cancer.

Especially when you consider the mortality rate.

And then factor in who's dying from it, the poor then to suffer most because of lack of basic health care.

माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

notsofast

Not commenting on the cause. Just pointing out that Liberty Media is simply jumping on the bandwagon. The pink thing has been going on in the National Football League for years, every October.
You didn't think it was Pirelli's idea, did you?

aral

Come on ! This thread has developed into a thread for political posturing , even veering to politics in Australia!
It is a nice touch by Pirelli and possible raises awareness, but going into subjects including abortion is just plain ridiculous. So a number of posts have been removed and sent into cyberspace.