Renault Sport F1 R.S.17

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ringo

Re: Renault Sport F1 R.S.17

Yea i get that.. but to draw out the cat face and collar on the car just emasculates the car.

The car is looking handy in Sainz control. Miles better than the torro rosso. But i feel there are some weaknesses that Sainz detects but wont say it in public. Palmer was really holding back the car, it's as if he just doesn't know how to drive these things fast?
For Sure!!

3jawchuck

ringo wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 01:47
Yea i get that.. but to draw out the cat face and collar on the car just emasculates the car.
What? How do you think a slight change in livery emasculates the car? Do you think that the extra paint will add a fraction of a gram and lower its performance? Maybe potential additional stickers could interfere with the airflow? I'm curious as to why you think this emasculates the car.

ringo

Haha no need to take it serious. :lol:
Williams could put Hello Kitty on their car in Mexico then. :)

Anyhow, where is this car in the pecking order now that Jolyon is gone? I think it's chassis is much better than the williams and possibly the force Indias; based on the COTA qualifying. Renault don't have the engine mode for Q3 but yet Carlos did a stellar job in what was his first qualifying in the car. Shame Hulk didn't continue.
For Sure!!

bill shoe

ringo wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 01:47
The car is looking handy in Sainz control. Miles better than the torro rosso. But i feel there are some weaknesses that Sainz detects but wont say it in public. Palmer was really holding back the car, it's as if he just doesn't know how to drive these things fast?
If Sainz continues to dust Hulkenburg for the rest of the season then-
1). The Renault never was such a dog, and both Renault drivers (Hulkenburg included) were underperforming in it, and
2). Driver quality in the midfield is sooooo soooo important. Force India seems to be doing great with driver quality (if not control of their drivers), but everyone else in the midfield seems to have clear weakness in their driver pairing.

makecry

ringo wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 17:28
Haha no need to take it serious. :lol:
Williams could put Hello Kitty on their car in Mexico then. :)

Anyhow, where is this car in the pecking order now that Jolyon is gone? I think it's chassis is much better than the williams and possibly the force Indias; based on the COTA qualifying. Renault don't have the engine mode for Q3 but yet Carlos did a stellar job in what was his first qualifying in the car. Shame Hulk didn't continue.
The chassis is somewhere between McLaren's and Force India's. Probably 4th-5th fastest overall depending on track. Points should be possible every race from now on.

zac510

I was also surprised by Sainz's quick adaptation to the RS17 and supposed that the chassis is particularly benign and responding well to setup changes (thus can be made to have good balance).

PlatinumZealot

Just coming out of the Mercedes car thread and coming here I can say the Renault aerodynamic pieces look crude in comparison. Just look at those garish brake ducts! The diffuser isn't any better either. It reminds me of the parts on the Mercedes W01. I think in their third year with all the personnel in place we should see better quality and aeroperformance from Renault.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Sevach

godlameroso

Renault gets it, their aggressive development is going to pay off for them sooner or later.
Saishū kōnā

Blackout

Morteza

Renault's cooling gills

Via @AlbertFabrega

Via AMuS
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare