2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

Schuttelberg wrote:
28 Oct 2017, 23:25

The few reliability gremlins are all part of the learning of a young team. They will only get better.
:lol: :lol: are you talking about Ferrari or HAAS?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

F1NAC

GTO99 wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 09:25
Ferrari is a young team...????
:wtf:
probably he's thinking on team structure. A lot of people went off during 2014,2015 and 2016. It seems that it's stable now(few rumours about Arrivabene which seem to be just rumours..)

Schuttelberg

Manoah2u wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 14:17
Schuttelberg wrote:
28 Oct 2017, 23:25

The few reliability gremlins are all part of the learning of a young team. They will only get better.
:lol: :lol: are you talking about Ferrari or HAAS?
The people working for Ferrari at important positions are relatively young.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

dans79

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Ferrari might regress a little next year based on Marchionne's comments?

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/886651/1/d ... i-failings
“I don’t believe in bad luck. Ultimately, it’s a reflection of the way in which we manage these businesses,” Marchionne said. “In the second half of the season it was a combination of technical issues and driver error or driver misjudgement.

“I think we’ve learned a lot. I think it's a painful way of learning it. I think the second half revealed some structural weaknesses in the manner which we are managing this business, which are going to get rectified and hopefully 2018 will be a much better season.”
When I read this and other similar articles that have recently been published, I get the feeling that the team is either going to put so much red tape in place that it will slow down development, or the engineers will be so afraid of potential failures that they won't innovate of push the envelope.
197 104 103 7

Schuttelberg

Marchionne makes Montezemelo seem level headed.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

OneAlex

Ferrari issues quit warning:
Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne has warned that Formula 1's most iconic team are "at odds" with Liberty Media's engine proposals and could quit the sport after 2020 if it is not happy with their plans for the future.
Source: Sky F1
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... for-future

Call me cynical, but I'm pretty sure this warning has more to do with gaining leverage against the upcoming income distribution review. He says "we'll quit if we don't like the engine regulations", I hear "we'll quit if you mess with our historical bonus money".

Vasconia

OneAlex wrote:
05 Nov 2017, 16:58
Ferrari issues quit warning:
Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne has warned that Formula 1's most iconic team are "at odds" with Liberty Media's engine proposals and could quit the sport after 2020 if it is not happy with their plans for the future.
Source: Sky F1
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... for-future

Call me cynical, but I'm pretty sure this warning has more to do with gaining leverage against the upcoming income distribution review. He says "we'll quit if we don't like the engine regulations", I hear "we'll quit if you mess with our historical bonus money".
Those comments are like Christmas, it returns every year. I don´t take them very seriously.

Raleigh

Ferrari threatens to quit over every regulation change, at point it's tradition.

basti313

Raleigh wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 23:59
Ferrari threatens to quit over every regulation change, at point it's tradition.
:mrgreen: Yes, this is 100% true.

And for Ferrari, this is classy and bright. Last year's thread from MB was a bit dull and childish, but for Ferrari this is a bit like a child's toy made of gold.
Don`t russel the hamster!

F1NAC

Reading livery topic reminded me on their contract with santander. Did they extend deal? I remember reading an article last year about signing on long term but with cost deduction which would mean less visibility on the car. Their contract ends at the end od this year (45 mil. EUR per year)

Schuttelberg

basti313 wrote:
07 Nov 2017, 11:24
Raleigh wrote:

And for Ferrari, this is classy and bright. Last year's thread from MB was a bit dull and childish, but for Ferrari this is a bit like a child's toy made of gold.
Sorry, but the entire DNA of Mercedes-Benz and Ferrari are completely different. Ferrari is run by Italians, known to be emotional and don't tend to think before they speak. Mercedes on the other hand is German with people of different cultures and nationalities running the team and every bit of news bits that come out of there are well thought out.

The biggest difference between the two is that Mercedes is in F1 to sell road cars. Ferrari sells road cars to be in F1, although that has changed a lot in the last decade. Ferrari do pass these stupid threats every 2-3 years but there's not been a WC in F1 without them. Mercedes could sell their team and quit any moment.

f1316

Schuttelberg wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 09:39
basti313 wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

Sorry, but the entire DNA of Mercedes-Benz and Ferrari are completely different. Ferrari is run by Italians, known to be emotional and don't tend to think before they speak. Mercedes on the other hand is German with people of different cultures and nationalities running the team and every bit of news bits that come out of there are well thought out.

The biggest difference between the two is that Mercedes is in F1 to sell road cars. Ferrari sells road cars to be in F1, although that has changed a lot in the last decade. Ferrari do pass these stupid threats every 2-3 years but there's not been a WC in F1 without them. Mercedes could sell their team and quit any moment.
Sorry but can we please avoid these national stereotypes? It comes up a lot on this forum and in F1 in general and not only has the potential to cause offence but is also largely inaccurate.

There’s no evidence that Italians don’t think before speaking and, is increasingly evident in Ferrari (but frankly has always been the case) the stereotype of disorganised, passionate but emotionally uncontrolled people is simply not correct.

Schuttelberg

f1316 wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 11:04
Schuttelberg wrote:
basti313 wrote:

Sorry but can we please avoid these national stereotypes? It comes up a lot on this forum and in F1 in general and not only has the potential to cause offence but is also largely inaccurate.

There’s no evidence that Italians don’t think before speaking and, is increasingly evident in Ferrari (but frankly has always been the case) the stereotype of disorganised, passionate but emotionally uncontrolled people is simply not correct.
I don't mean to hurt anyone's sentiments or cause distress. Sorry if you got offended by it.

santos

Schuttelberg wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 11:14
f1316 wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 11:04
Schuttelberg wrote:

I don't mean to hurt anyone's sentiments or cause distress. Sorry if you got offended by it.
I'm sorry, but i could not let this pass...
So it's the Italians are the ones who speak before they think??? I'm from Portugal, and people from the south of Europe are a bit tired of receveing comments like this...

CBeck113

Come on people, does everyone need to be offended by every second sentence? That stance kind of kills the idea of a forum, where everyone should be able to speak their opinion, and then get support or critic for it. And let's be honest about the thinking before speaking or acting part: Sebastian Vettel maybe? A general statement about a culture doesn't mean that everyone meets those criteria, but a large percentage. So have a little more backbone for yourself if you don't believe that you share said trait, and bring constructive criticism instead. I've been watching the intellectual level drop in this forum, but since I haven't found a better forum, I'll do what I can to help this one.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail