Agera RS Transmission

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Sierra117

Agera RS Transmission

Anybody watched the vid of the Agera setting the speed record? My brother and I noticed something and I'm hoping someone can give some possible explanations - if you listen closely, you'll notice that when the car changes gears, it sounds like a normal manual transmission - the delay sounds exactly like someone pressing a clutch and changing gears. I'm not formally educated in engineering so it would be nice to know.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

hurril

Re: Agera RS Transmission

It does change gear pretty slowly.

NoDivergence

Sierra117 wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 19:32
Anybody watched the vid of the Agera setting the speed record? My brother and I noticed something and I'm hoping someone can give some possible explanations - if you listen closely, you'll notice that when the car changes gears, it sounds like a normal manual transmission - the delay sounds exactly like someone pressing a clutch and changing gears. I'm not formally educated in engineering so it would be nice to know.
They use a single clutch gearbox. At this power level and with this much torque, they don't want to slam the shift to protect the gearbox components.

Sierra117

NoDivergence wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 21:25
Sierra117 wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 19:32
They use a single clutch gearbox. At this power level and with this much torque, they don't want to slam the shift to protect the gearbox components.
But the Agera RS uses a dual-clutch system, no? Though your explanation makes sense regardless!
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

sosic2121

Sierra117 wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 08:00
But the Agera RS uses a dual-clutch system, no? Though your explanation makes sense regardless!
They don't use "real" dual clutch gearbox.

"The Cima 7-speed gearbox is another new item. It is basically an automated manual, but it incorporates an additional wet clutch-brake to slow down the input shaft during upshifts. This speeds up rev-matching hence gearshifts. Trickily, Koenigsegg calls it a dual-clutch transmission."
I copied this from autozine.org

Sierra117

Ah, so the delay is for rev-matching. Thanks everyone.
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

NL_Fer

So upshifting is apply the clutch and apply the torque brake. But how does it upshift? Blip throttle and apply clutch?