Alfa Romeo returns to F1 in 2018

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Vasconia

Alfa Romeo returns to F1 in 2018

Source: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13333 ... ith-sauber

The Alfa Romeo name will return to Formula 1 in 2018 in partnership with Sauber and Ferrari.

Sauber will now be known as the Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team, and the deal will include "strategic, commercial and technological cooperation" and "the exchange of engineering and technical know-how", said a team statement.

Great news in my opinion and a great boost for Sauber.

Manoah2u

Re: Alfa Romeo returns to F1 in 2018

cool, i was waiting for this news in advance for the Sauber team thread. will try and pop it up today.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Vasconia

Manoah2u wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 12:41
cool, i was waiting for this news in advance for the Sauber team thread. will try and pop it up today.
Great, you have been truly fast hehe, I was goint to send you a PM because I know you are posting the new team threads. :mrgreen:

bauc

=D> =D> =D> WoW great news! I'm sure we will see one sexy livery on the car next year!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Manoah2u

thread has been made in team thread.

anyway, good news. I'm happy Kaltenborn is looooong gone now. what a relief.
now i also expect those ericsson-connected plague to leave sooner or later too (is that Silanna?).

First time in a long while since i've felt positive and supportive of Sauber.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

mclaren111

bauc wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 12:51
=D> =D> =D> WoW great news! I'm sure we will see one sexy livery on the car next year!

Let's hope. Just don't follow Mclaren's 2017 livery design :( :o :(

Jolle

great news! although, they were back at the ferrari engine cover last year... so it's more a case of switching teams ;-)

But I guess this means that all ten teams are now financially healthy.

santos

I hope that they replace Ericson. I would have kept Pascal instead of him. Althougth i don't belive they will have Charles Leclerc and Antonio Giovinazzi...

jagunx51

............!!!!

mertol

Maybe we should expect a boost in Ferrari's performance now that they have a proper jr team.

Tommy Cookers

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tipo+ ... SlilXSiZfM:

the last time Alfa Romeo designed an F1 car ....
a flat 12 4wd with the mechanicals forming the entire structure
some of the mechanicals exist today

WaikeCU

Add some Tissot adverts on that and it would be brilliant. It would add a retro touch to it referring to the '94 Sauber.

marmer

remember a few years ago when the idea of big teams having 2nd teams... didn't everyone hate the idea. now we are here and it seems a good idea.

the grid is basically a big and small team grid these days.

Mercedes palms off drivers to customer teams and takes the best back when a seat is free. while offering discounted engines basically keeping customer teams stuck in a loop of agreeing with them to save millions
Ferrari now have alfa which is basically a 2nd team just without being called Ferrari B
red bull have had Toro Rosso for years and are even going as far as to use them as a test for honda for the season after next as a stop gap for 2021 and the new engine regs
just leaves Renault out really perhaps one day haas, williams or force india will switch engines and fall the way of Sauber

PlatinumZealot

Hmm. Good news overall for the Sauber team, but we still need more privateer teams.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

adrianjordan

marmer wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 18:27
remember a few years ago when the idea of big teams having 2nd teams... didn't everyone hate the idea. now we are here and it seems a good idea.

the grid is basically a big and small team grid these days.

Mercedes palms off drivers to customer teams and takes the best back when a seat is free. while offering discounted engines basically keeping customer teams stuck in a loop of agreeing with them to save millions
Ferrari now have alfa which is basically a 2nd team just without being called Ferrari B
red bull have had Toro Rosso for years and are even going as far as to use them as a test for honda for the season after next as a stop gap for 2021 and the new engine regs
just leaves Renault out really perhaps one day haas, williams or force india will switch engines and fall the way of Sauber
Mclaren need a Jr team too. Maybe they'll end up pairing with Haas or renewing their previous involvement with Force India...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️