[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
AratzH

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

I didn't change cad tools. I did use a different machine to generate the files. Was there a file in particular that threw the error? I just noticed that some are *.STL instead of *.stl...
MVRC -> TF

LVDH

Well after trying the first three stl files, I changed them all. If you want to check yourself, you will find a file called stl_db.mwf in the postProcessing folder. It does not get generated to the end. You can open it with a text editor and see where it gets stuck. That then indicates the problematic stl file.

AratzH

LVDH wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 15:12
Well after trying the first three stl files, I changed them all. If you want to check yourself, you will find a file called stl_db.mwf in the postProcessing folder. It does not get generated to the end. You can open it with a text editor and see where it gets stuck. That then indicates the problematic stl file.
So I changed the export settings from binary to ASCII and now the problem seems to be solved!
Many simulations to run now!
MVRC -> TF

RicME85

LVDH wrote:
04 Dec 2017, 10:48
I just received a cool email: The CAESES app has been updated:
https://www.caeses.com/products/caeses/ ... pp/racecar
Its great that it has been updated. Found there were a few issues with geometry, for example, I was messing with the front wing sliders and found the front wing geometry produced with certain settings would extend into the wheel arch and into the wheels. There was also an issue with the rear wing that when I dropped the wing height and changed the chord it made the wing support geometry go a bit mad.
The changes to the diffuser is great though, so many designs can be made now with the new slider options \:D/

CAEdevice

Hi everybdy, I received the requests for the book ("How to build a car" by Adrian Newey), by 8 guys (André, Evolve?, Jacopo, Lucasz, Adam, Richard B., Robert, Saad). Shipments will start from Monday, so it is possible that many of you will receive the book after Christmas (I apologize for the delay). The winner of the first prize will surely receive the book after Christmas (looking at the ranking it is certain that it will be JJR), because the dedication will take more time (I have to send a copy to RB and then to have it back).

LVDH

I cannot wait!

I hope you guys are ready for the final race. Has anyone tried the updated CAESES App? I think what you can now do with the floor should get a lot more performance out of the cars.

AratzH

CAEdevice wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 13:01
Hi everybdy, I received the requests for the book ("How to build a car" by Adrian Newey), by 8 guys (André, Evolve?, Jacopo, Lucasz, Adam, Richard B., Robert, Saad). Shipments will start from Monday, so it is possible that many of you will receive the book after Christmas (I apologize for the delay). The winner of the first prize will surely receive the book after Christmas (looking at the ranking it is certain that it will be JJR), because the dedication will take more time (I have to send a copy to RB and then to have it back).
Oh! I think I missed this. Am I still in time? My birthday is in January, so it would make a hell of a birthday present =D>
MVRC -> TF

rjsa

I mised it too

CAEdevice

Ok... let me know your name and shipping address by email ( caedevice@caedevice.net ).

rjsa

Isn't Brazil a bit too far?

CAEdevice

I don't think it for Amazon, but in case of problems we will find a way

LVDH

I have sent out the last email with the submission link. If anyone is not on the list, please complain. I went through all teams and noticed one that was not on the list. I hope this person is not sad that I overlooked him so long. I always announce here on the forum that you should all make sure to receive the submission details (I am only human and mistakes happen). I wish everyone a good last race. Some cars have already arrived and are looking good and eager to win.

CAEdevice

I am running a quite different version of the car, but I am almost sure it will not be ready for the deadline.

I can't wait to start the thread about the new season. I have some ideas to make these car look more glamorous :) but it would be ok any decision about the car layout.

At the moment I wonder if we can rotate hx in any direction (or if we can choose between two directions) next year.

RicME85

LVDH wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 18:49
I cannot wait!

I hope you guys are ready for the final race. Has anyone tried the updated CAESES App? I think what you can now do with the floor should get a lot more performance out of the cars.
I did, I posted about it just above your post.

Can I use the car from the last race please, I dont havent had time to do anything due to health deteriorating at this time of year. I hate winter and I hate Christmas :D

schwepes

Finally sent! I had so many problems with software, I couldn't even run "intro" model, but finally I released first calculations on Friday night. As I supposed car was terrible :roll: . 2 iterations and 20s gained, but I'll be suprised by any position better than the last, because of the poor aero package together with engine power reduction.

Nevertless gained experience will be very valuable and I can't wait for my first complete season next year. I'm starting with the new car developement next week .