2018 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

2018 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

Team: Haas F1 Team
Base: Kannapolis, North Carolina, United States (Main) & Banbury, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom (Euro)
Team principal: Gene Haas, Günther Steiner
Technical director(s): Rob Taylor, Ben Agathangelou

Race drivers:

8 Image Romain Grosjean
20 Image Kevin Magnussen

Test drivers : Santino Ferrucci and Arjun Maini

Chassis: VF-18
Engine: Ferrari V6 Turbo

2017 position: 8th (47 pts)

This thread is to discuss the 2018 Haas F1 TEAM
Last edited by Manoah2u on 06 Dec 2017, 12:25, edited 2 times in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Scuderia1967

Re: 2018 HAAS F1 Team - Ferrari

Charles LeClerc is now at Alfa Romeo Sauber. For 2018 the test/development drivers will be Santino Ferrucci and Arjun Maini

kptaylor

New rumors of a tie up with Maserati a la Sauber and Alfa. Marchionne seems like he really wants exposure at the same time he says they'll quit...

SteveRacer

Sounds to me me like this is more of a possibility than a coming soon kind of thing.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/haas-linke ... ip-report/

"Marchionne has recently suggested that a deal between Haas and Maserati could be in the pipeline.

"Is it possible for the Haas arrangement to turn into something other than what we have today? The answer is potentially ‘yes’," he said.

"But we’re very far away from a resolution on that matter, but it’s possible. We’ll see, time will tell.""

Manoah2u

they don't want spec series but are turning the F1 field into Ferrari - only.......
and that coming from a manufacturer who were responsible for providing the A1GP with a Ferrari engine (and chassis iirc).......hypocrits.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

GhostF1

So unusual.. if Honda was a confirmed competitive solution right now I'd be all for a Haas-Acura (Honda rebadge) tie up. Actually the most relevant American cooperation

marmer

Manoah2u wrote:they don't want spec series but are turning the F1 field into Ferrari - only.......
and that coming from a manufacturer who were responsible for providing the A1GP with a Ferrari engine (and chassis iirc).......hypocrits.
They are increasing the odds they win a title with Ferrari power if they buy everything out

Manoah2u

In the case of using Alfa Romeo and Maserati to block the competition from steaming towards them after f.e. a pitstop, sure. Sore way to do it though. Also, with the exception of LeClerc (whom still has to prove himself though) no driver in HAAS or Alfa Romeo is talented at all. Grosjean has turned into Massa 2.0 but without the talent, Magnussen was promising but is fading, Ericsson isn't even worth mentioning.

Kimi is a good ol' dog but honestly, they need a fast, strong driver to make it. Not that i don't rate Vettel high, but i still wonder even whether Vettel is 'all that'. Hence i would have liked to see Hamilton at Ferrari as we know his speed and capacity. Alonso surely would have been a better chance for the title over Vettel, but that ship has sailed. Verstappen or Ricciardo, those i would have liked to see at Ferrari '17 season. Vettel 'crushed' Kimi but then again, despite Kimi is good and at one point was absolutely stunning and amazing, i'm wondering whether he's not completely faded and that would also put some question marks around Vettel and perhaps just how good that Ferrari was.

Anyway, I could see HAAS - Honda [Acura yes surely] happening if Honda's engine is competitive.

Should RB NOT go for the Honda route, but turn into Aston Martin and get their own engines, then Toro Rosso surely will keep the Honda engines but Honda still would like to get another customer. HAAS could be interesting, but then again, i actually expect Williams to go the Honda route instead.

I don't think i'd particularly enjoy Maserati Haas though. I don't see the excitement there. Even a Maserati team wouldn't really excite me to be honest.

Hell i'm surprised Alfa Romeo actually is happening, i didn't believe nor do i actually believe Alfa Romeo is doing so fantastic right now, and above all, they lack supercars right now. The 8C is no longer available and has aged rapidly, and the 4C imho isn't that impressive at all and i thought also no longer in production. It's all sedans and upcoming SUV's and if i'm right neither of those got too exciting reviews. Maserati likewise. Granted, the upcoming GT looks nice, and the upcoming or already available SUV looks tasty but apart from that, don't get all too positive reviews at all.
So i really can't see Maserati in F1 happening to be honest.

As mentioned above, Honda would work due to it's popularity in America as Acura, and since it's not Mclaren-connected anymore, the pressure is much lower.
And then the color sceme is perfect, Red and white.

marmer

Abarth might be a better brand to go with lists of history using that name

Manoah2u

Chrysler would make more sense actually.

rosters

Chrysler or dodge with SRT attached would be better for a US team + it would atract some american viewers.

dren

Yes, SRT would be nice, but does Ferrari really want one of their PUs branded as a Dodge or Chrysler?
Honda!

marmer

dren wrote:Yes, SRT would be nice, but does Ferrari really want one of their PUs branded as a Dodge or Chrysler?
Maybe they could design there own for 2021 with some assistance but not alot from Ferrari

Restomaniac

dren wrote:
20 Dec 2017, 17:19
Yes, SRT would be nice, but does Ferrari really want one of their PUs branded as a Dodge or Chrysler?
Well Renault and happy to have an engine named after watches so....

At least Ferrari (Marchionne) would be using their own brands to help themselves in the US. What the hell Renault get out of an engine in the 3rd best team having the name of watches I have no idea.

I'm not trying to derail I'm just pointing out that Ferrari using another FCA brand isn't that bonkers in comparison. Also remember that FCA have just tied down Sauber with Alfa

dren

Yes, from that point of view, it makes more sense. I see Alfa as having old racing heritage in F1, where Dodge/Chrysler is more tied to NASCAR or sports car racing in the USA with the Viper. The Fiat group moved the Viper into its own brand before it finally got the axe.
Honda!