Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
CAEdevice

Re: Racing games

Very god job, congratulations! I hope to try them both soon

Alonso Fan

these look awesome!
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

EMiller91

garyjpaterson wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 12:12
Oh and of course, F1technicals very own CAEdevice's 2017 MVRC car has been brought to life too - though still some detail work required.
Wow, this is amazing! Is there any way to download it?

garyjpaterson

EMiller91 wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 09:56
garyjpaterson wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 12:12
Oh and of course, F1technicals very own CAEdevice's 2017 MVRC car has been brought to life too - though still some detail work required.
Wow, this is amazing! Is there any way to download it?
Not quite yet, I'm still working on detailing and finished the model, and Matteo will be bringing the latest aero data for it too!

I'll leave you with a few small updates (fin options, wiper, driver cooling ducts, fuel filler, rear suspension etc):

NathanOlder

Just wondered if anyone plays iRacing much ? Is it the best racing sim about ? Looking to start playing again soon, so just wondered what to start playing, PC/Ps4.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

SteveRacer

NathanOlder wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 22:55
Just wondered if anyone plays iRacing much ? Is it the best racing sim about ? Looking to start playing again soon, so just wondered what to start playing, PC/Ps4.
I started iRacing earlier in the year. I have really enjoyed it so far and have spent much more time racing on it that I initially planned. I am not a "gamer" so my setup is dedicated 100% to iRacing. I have not tried any other racing titles but I am interested "Dirt". I will likely try that when/if I get tired of iRacing.

NathanOlder

Thanks Steve,

1 question, do you come across many "idiot" drivers, or is it pretty much a Sim for real racers ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Alonso Fan

NathanOlder wrote:
20 Dec 2017, 00:39
Thanks Steve,

1 question, do you come across many "idiot" drivers, or is it pretty much a Sim for real racers ?
I don't own it myself so don't quote me on it but I have heard that there is a rating system and the online racing experience is very very good due to everyone protecting their rating.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

NathanOlder

Alonso Fan wrote:
20 Dec 2017, 02:25
NathanOlder wrote:
Thanks Steve,

I don't own it myself so don't quote me on it but I have heard that there is a rating system and the online racing experience is very very good due to everyone protecting their rating.
Oh thats a great idea, I hope thats true.

Thanks for that , I appreciate it.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

bauc

I've just installed Colin McRae 2.0. .....what a classic, it brought back so many memories from childhood, you can get it on STEAM if you like, they ported a version that works on Windows 10.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/28734 ... Rae_Rally/
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

garyjpaterson

bauc wrote:
20 Dec 2017, 09:57
I've just installed Colin McRae 2.0. .....what a classic, it brought back so many memories from childhood, you can get it on STEAM if you like, they ported a version that works on Windows 10.

I found that 'steam version' quite disappointing, as its not really a port of the original game, instead its basically the mobile version scaled up.

-----

In other news, this is about to be released: http://racesimstudio.com/rss-gt-mod-rel ... urday-23rd

A few not too keen on the price which I understand (not my choice!), but knowing the effort to bring this to life (I made the one in the middle :D ), its about as low as they can realistically sell them for given sales are not nearly in the same region as official DLCs.

Really happy with how its turned out, was slightly nerve-wracking at the beginning, not knowing whether I could pull it off to the expected quality. Can't wait to see them out on track soon!

Alonso Fan

bauc wrote:

CMR 2.0 and Gp3 were literally my childhood :D Co driver was also well programmed for its time I have to say
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

SteveRacer

NathanOlder wrote:
Thanks Steve,

Depends. I have been pretty fortunate. I race 100% asphalt road series. I recently received and in game "accomplishment" of 10 clean races in a row so it can be done. Getting started you will have to deal with some Gran Turismo/Forza drivers! I do find that a little defensive driving will go a long way.
There is an iRating and a Safety Rating. Your iRating is how well you finish and determines who you race with. For example, If you are entered for a race with 100 other drivers the race will be split up. You will be matched with drivers of similar iRating. Your safety rating is essentially how clean of a driver you are. This determines your "advancement" through the licences. The higher the license the more series you can run. But dont think of it as a goal to advance. You may find a series in the lower licence class that you enjoy and may not find a need to advance.

bauc

garyjpaterson wrote:
20 Dec 2017, 13:39
bauc wrote:

I found that 'steam version' quite disappointing, as its not really a port of the original game, instead its basically the mobile version scaled up.

-----

In other news, this is about to be released: http://racesimstudio.com/rss-gt-mod-rel ... urday-23rd

http://racesimstudio.com/wp-content/upl ... all_gt.jpg

A few not too keen on the price which I understand (not my choice!), but knowing the effort to bring this to life (I made the one in the middle :D ), its about as low as they can realistically sell them for given sales are not nearly in the same region as official DLCs.

Really happy with how its turned out, was slightly nerve-wracking at the beginning, not knowing whether I could pull it off to the expected quality. Can't wait to see them out on track soon!
Yeah the ported version is not the best one out there but the only one which works on W10, however it did enough to bring back old good memories. I'm going more ''modern'' latter today with NFS Underground 2 :D
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

mertol

There are different license classes in iracing. Everyone starts with a rookie license and if you race clean you advance to class D then C, B, A. Everyone has access to rookie races so they are full of wrecks like in any other racing game. The wreckers never advance past rookies and the clean racers can get out in a couple of races. From class D and up the races are very clean.

I played this "remastered" CMR. It's very bad, it can't even qualify for a demo version of CMR2. There is much less content in it and the physics are butchered. Better find a pirate copy of CMR2.