[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

LVDH wrote:
24 Dec 2017, 15:55
CAEdevice wrote:
24 Dec 2017, 00:20

Did you notice that the "Valkyrie" has a "Mantium" diffuser (see the 2015 KVRC season)?
While my book has not arrived yet, I can almost image what this diffuser will look like. Once more someone else had one of my brilliant inventions before me. Somehow that is how my life goes.
Not before you...after you

rjsa

I got curious with the mantium diffuser. The 2015 thread has most images missing. Any links?

CAEdevice

rjsa wrote:
25 Dec 2017, 23:26
I got curious with the mantium diffuser. The 2015 thread has most images missing. Any links?
Hi, this is an section where you can see an exaggerated and a bit naive "Mantium diffuser" (but not too bad, the car is the MP004 that won the Monaco race in MVRC 2016)

rjsa

Thanks!

machin

That's a nice cross-section! Definitely one to keep, 😉
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

LVDH

There are some images on my company homepage. Before I turned to the Bernie Ecclestone of this championship, I raced myself and liked to show how I developed some parts of the car:
http://mantiumcae.com/new-car-for-kvrc- ... d-blender/
http://mantiumcae.com/mantiumcae-wins-l ... to-caeses/
(The results are gone as the KVRC page does not seem to work anymore)

machin

What I like about that one is it shows that the outlet area of the diffuser doesn't need to be huge in order to get really good levels of downforce...

It always seems a shame to me that two of the best car designers (Yourself LVDH and Chris, CDSavage) now work behind the scenes rather than competing...

The car still has a lot of space available for sponsors. Esp. decals of HPC providers should look very good.
😂

LVDH

machin wrote:
27 Dec 2017, 15:37
It always seems a shame to me that two of the best car designers (Yourself LVDH and Chris, CDSavage) now work behind the scenes rather than competing...
Yes, after a super learning and development experience, I finally got the car to where I wanted it to be. But running the championship is also fun. I hope that some day I can return as a designer.

machin wrote:
27 Dec 2017, 15:37
The car still has a lot of space available for sponsors. Esp. decals of HPC providers should look very good.
😂
I am always working on this and I hope that at some point I will find someone. If my company continues to grow as it is, I will sponsor some HPC time.

CAEdevice

I could manage a single extra season event involving Chris and André as partecipants.

I have some new ideas about. Rules would be as much simple as possible. LDVH might be a sponsor providing MFlow.

An HPC provider would be a super improvement.

koss

Hello!

I recently submitted a new team registration request for the upcoming season, but haven't heard back anything.
I know it's holiday season and I'll be patient but just wondering if there's something I missed.

I just clicked on 'register' under 'the challenge' and filled out the details and submitted the form.

Cheers!

CAEdevice

koss wrote:
28 Dec 2017, 20:47
Hello!

I recently submitted a new team registration request for the upcoming season, but haven't heard back anything.
I know it's holiday season and I'll be patient but just wondering if there's something I missed.

I just clicked on 'register' under 'the challenge' and filled out the details and submitted the form.

Cheers!
Hi koss, what do you mean with recently? The last race of 2018 has been a couple of weeks ago, maybe the staff is having some days off.

CAEdevice

A small update about the prize: all European guys should have received the book (except Robert/JJR: the signed book has been shipped only today).

People from outside Europe (Australia, South America) will receive the book in January (two central weeks).

People from North America will receive the book in a couple of days.

Please let me know if something went wrong.

machin

koss wrote:
Awesome news! I would give it a week or so... I think Andre ("LVDH") is taking a well earned break!

koss

CAEdevice wrote:
28 Dec 2017, 23:59
koss wrote:
Hello!

Cheers!
Hi koss, what do you mean with recently? The last race of 2018 has been a couple of weeks ago, maybe the staff is having some days off.
Absolutely. Just wanted to ensure that I have done everything required. Thanks for your reply!

LVDH

Yes, apart from sometimes answering emails and this forum, I was busy with other stuff. You should now have your details. Good luck. Keep in mind there is no plan yet about next year. It will be an excellent exercise to build a car to current regulations and see how you would compete with the top dogs here.