General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
etusch

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

"We haven't decided next year's complete specification but at least we have a back-up plan, which is the current engine. So, I'm sure we can start the season well next year."
When we look this part it must be long time ago.

techman

just happy hasegawa is gone. he is not a leader who can inspire and motivate his troop. negativity and self defeat is all he has . a mark of true weak leader

etusch

İf this concept get the expected results his leadership will be base of it success

Wazari

techman wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 11:57
just happy hasegawa is gone. he is not a leader who can inspire and motivate his troop. negativity and self defeat is all he has . a mark of true weak leader
While I think that Tanabe-san will be a step in the right direction over Hasegawa-san, calling him weak is unjustified. I along with others found it frustrating at times when he purposely refused to point the finger the other way when PU failures were not the doing of Honda and there were many that weren't. However that is not weakness but a judgement call. That position is under constant pressure, more from Honda than any outside party. You couldn't pay me enough to take that position. As I got to know Hasegawa-san over time, I found him to be a sincere gentlemen who really cared about his staff and HRD. Integrity, fair and diligent are some of his characteristics, not weakness.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

techman

While I think that Tanabe-san will be a step in the right direction over Hasegawa-san, calling him weak is unjustified. I along with others found it frustrating at times when he purposely refused to point the finger the other way when PU failures were not the doing of Honda and there were many that weren't. However that is not weakness but a judgement call. That position is under constant pressure, more from Honda than any outside party. You couldn't pay me enough to take that position. As I got to know Hasegawa-san over time, I found him to be a sincere gentlemen who really cared about his staff and HRD. Integrity, fair and diligent are some of his characteristics, not weakness.
with all due respect as i enjoy reading your posts. its my opinion of him. a strong leader always defends his team or troops in all situations. and if the pu problem was a problem caused due to mclaren, then he should speak up and say it without taking the blame, because if kept his mouth shut, it would hurt honda globally as a brand and also create frustation on his team back at sakura. no wonder u mentioned honda staff were not satisfied for hasegawa not willing to defend them. and who would? would you like to work for a leader who cant defend you if the fault is not yours? just look at renault cyrill. if you blame renault expect cyrill to fight back. thats the leader team members want to work for and not a weak man.

Snorked

Hasegawa wanted out of F1 and was behind the change in splitting the responsibilities and choosing his successor?
Honda suddenly announced the change of the F1 operating system on December 7, one week after the Abu Dhabi joint test which will be the final official session of the 2017 season. Yusuke Hasegawa who has served as general manager of F1 project for two years has decided to leave F1. What on Earth is happening to Honda?

Mr. Hasegawa, who was in charge of Milton Keynes from the middle of the 2017 season, gradually moved to such a system. The latter half of the season was able to develop and race smoothly without trouble with its provisional system, so the go-ahead was given to the transition to the new system at this timing.

It is Toyoharu Tanabe engineer who takes over the site supervision as a technical director on behalf of Hasegawa general manager.
To add to earlier postings in the thread about Asaki, the article mentions he was involved in the development of the engine used by Williams.

https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/mot ... /index.php

Wynters

techman wrote:
01 Jan 2018, 10:09
a strong leader always defends his team or troops in all situations...thats the leader team members want to work for and not a weak man.
Don't confuse being 'strong' with being effective or, indeed, competent. In my experience, the best leaders make decisions with an eye on both the short and the long term. They weigh up both the obvious factors and the more subtle ones, the direct and indirect, and adjust their behaviour and leadership accordingly. It might also be worth bearing in mind that what is said in public is not necessarily what is said in private.

Again, based on my experience, I'd be hesitant to work with a leader who was always pointing the finger at other people 'in all situations' regardless of the consequences or environment in which he/she (and therefore their team) were operating in. If anything, that sort of 'one-note' leader is 'weak' as they demonstrably lack the intelligence and finesse to tailor their approach as required.

HPD

Zak:

“Eric (Boullier, McLaren racing director) spoke earlier in the year about how there’s a certain way you have to operate in Formula 1, a Formula 1 culture, and I think that’s something they (Honda) now recognise,” Brown explained.

“You kind of saw the same thing with Jaguar, when they came in. They kind of did it the corporate way.

“If you look at Mercedes, they’re not based in Germany – the race team’s in England, the engine facility is in England; Renault is split between England and France.

“Maybe some more Formula 1 experience, direct experience, is probably what they (Honda) were lacking most.

“It certainly wasn’t effort, resources – the facility is great, and I think they’ll get it right.

“It’s more a way of working. I think they’ll get there, but three years was as long as we could wait.”
https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/01/12/br ... e-jaguars/

Wouter

I postet this morning a question in the wrong Honda topic I think.
So I will post it here again.

Does anyone know if the Honda engine has improved in terms of reliability and horsepower during this winter?
Has anyone information about the progress in the factory? I am very curious.

Everyone's information is welcome.
Maybe Wazari? You have always good information, what I really appreciate.
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

I am looking forward to see how they do with new MGU-H. I think there will be no mclaren AT products at their mgu-h anymore. There is a bit more than 1 month to testings. very good but still very hard to wait. I am very excited to see the new partnership and wonder what they can do individual and as a team.

HPD

Wouter wrote:
20 Jan 2018, 11:49
Does anyone know if the Honda engine has improved in terms of reliability and horsepower during this winter?
We do not have official Honda news. It seems that our new boss, (Toyoharu Tanabe) does not like to talk much with the press.

Wouter

HPD wrote:
20 Jan 2018, 19:04
Wouter wrote:
20 Jan 2018, 11:49
We do not have official Honda news. It seems that our new boss, (Toyoharu Tanabe) does not like to talk much with the press.
That is a bit of a shame HPD, that your boss isn't telling news to the press, but I have more confidence in inside information than in the things that are written in the media.
The Power of Dreams!

Snorked

Asaki says 2018 spec is almost complete, wants half a season before the full strength of PU is realised? :?

http://members.f1-life.net/regular/62701/

Hopefully one of our Japanese posters translates properly:
"Both of us were beasts and we've been using these animals for a long time recently, so these beasts are getting worse recently, so it will be a smart guy, but then it can not win and that kind of person races I was expecting to return to Honda-like Honda where people like beasts can be active in the Asaki regime.
:wtf: :lol:

Wouter

Snorked wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 09:13

Asaki says 2018 spec is almost complete, wants half a season before the full strength of PU is realised? :?

http://members.f1-life.net/regular/62701/

That was the only thing I understand. :(
I would like to read the entire article, but I can't translate it into English. Can someone translate the whole article into English please? I would greatly appreciate that.
The Power of Dreams!

bauc

Honda still needs time, hopefully by end of 2018 they will be competitive and then they will have 2 seasons left (before the new regs) to prove their concept was worth all of the investment, time & effort made
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg