Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ajprice

Re: Livery thread again!

I like this one for Williams

https://wtf1.com/post/this-fantasy-mart ... medium=rss

I do hope Williams do something a bit different with the Martini stripes this year.

bauc

Very cool Williams concept livery, I'm just so sad when I see so many great ideas online and when I see the final result on the actual cars....
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

gastonmazzacane

Manoah2u wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 17:37
and a white-red Toro Rosso Honda
Now this...me like!

_djc

A full 'Rocket Red' Mclaren Renault concept - Whilst I love the colour more orangey that red, I have reservations about them using it as there will be Ferrari, Alfa and McLaren all using a similar colour way...

Thoughts?

Vanja #66

Iqos is a brand with blue accents. Kimi's new helmet features blue accent's. Are we going to see some blue on a red Ferrari?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

_djc

Vanja #66 wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 23:32
Iqos is a brand with blue accents. Kimi's new helmet features blue accent's. Are we going to see some blue on a red Ferrari?
They were for his 'Finnish' roots? Unless that was a thinly masked excuse to get the blue on? Kimi's helmets always seem to match his cars..

Manoah2u

moar moar moar!

also WOW!!!!

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ollandos

i like your first desing but with other colors compination ...in place of orange ..rocket red in place of white.. black and in place of black ...chrome ....

Manoah2u

not my design.........
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Manoah2u

NICE

amho

Nice job. Ferrari, mac & willi are all very nice.
Renault doesn't have any thing new & hass is too simple, it needs to be more american, a bit wild lines with some hot colors...
There is no Might or Power except with Allah.

f1316

Why is it that so few teams use metallic paint? We see a couple of the (imo) nicer ones posted here (the above Renault, the Alfa from the previous page) have a metallic sheen but - other than the chrome McLarens (you could argue the Mercedes but not sure if it is actually metallic, rather than just a silvery shade of grey) - precious few teams actually take this route.

Is metallic paint intrinsically heavier? Or is it other considerations perhaps, like sponsor logos not ‘popping’ quite so much?

I guess another example is that the benson and hedges Jordan from 96 was gold, in line with the sponsor’s branding, but soon became yellow which is really far less identifiably B&H. Must be that the metallic elements in paint add a small amount of weight, I guess, but interested if anyone has any particular insight.

santos

f1316 wrote:
02 Feb 2018, 11:17
Why is it that so few teams use metallic paint? We see a couple of the (imo) nicer ones posted here (the above Renault, the Alfa from the previous page) have a metallic sheen but - other than the chrome McLarens (you could argue the Mercedes but not sure if it is actually metallic, rather than just a silvery shade of grey) - precious few teams actually take this route.

Is metallic paint intrinsically heavier? Or is it other considerations perhaps, like sponsor logos not ‘popping’ quite so much?

I guess another example is that the benson and hedges Jordan from 96 was gold, in line with the sponsor’s branding, but soon became yellow which is really far less identifiably B&H. Must be that the metallic elements in paint add a small amount of weight, I guess, but interested if anyone has any particular insight.
I think that the metallic paint doesn't work well on tv. Specially on night races.

Scuderia1967

Vanja #66 wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 23:32
Ferrari's 2018 teamwear has already been revealed, there's no IQOS sponsorship on it

SteveRacer

I really like that Renault. I also really like the 2016 version.