No More Grid Girls - replaced by Grid Kids

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
NathanOlder

Re: No More Grid Girls

Basically, someone needs to hold the drivers number board on the grid, and as its a job that can be given to anyone, I would rather it be women that are pleasing to look at.

If something has to change, why not have women in the odd number grid slots and men on the even ones
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Moose
Moose

I'm fine with NathanOlder's solution, however, I think football solved this problem much better - get some kids from the 10-12 year olds leagues to do it. Get some of the local karting drivers in to hold the signs - then they can meet their heroes, see the cars, get involved.

marmer
marmer

Or the worst gp2 drivers of the weekend give Jeffrey something to do other than driver slowly at the back of the pack lol

OneAlex

I'm actually rather glad the grid girls are gone, in the last few years it's felt increasingly uncomfortable having a group of women paraded around with plastered smiles on their faces.

I cannot remember which race it was that had "grid boys" but it felt like a cringey attempt at "equality" when actually it just showed how outdated the concept was given how uncomfortable it made so many people to have the men parading about in the same way they expect women to race after race.

Now let's have Liberty work with the likes of Susie Wolff's initiative and Claire Williams' position and truly advertise women's roles at the top of F1 and inspire schoolchildren.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Women are free to do what they want.....Until it doesn't suit the agenda at which point them being out of work is fine.

Yep that sounds about right.
Last edited by Restomaniac on 31 Jan 2018, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

FrukostScones

I thought they were for the drivers, to have a nice memory of fruitfulness when residing in the afterlife.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

NathanOlder

When I see team photos back at factories, I see many many women. So i dont see the need to get as many women as possible on board. This is a very very extremely competitive sport, The teams will be selecting the best people for the jobs. There will always be more men in the sport simply because more boys play with toy cars and the journey begins then.

How long will it be until i see a male model walking down the catwalk wearing a dress because its politically correct. The world is going mad for sure.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

jz11
jz11

bonjon1979 wrote:
31 Jan 2018, 20:16
NathanOlder wrote:
31 Jan 2018, 20:07
My kids certainly won't grow up looking at only emulating what they see women doing. Thats just dumb, my girls (5 & 7) already want to be an astronaut and a golfer 2 things you associate with men. And both of them will watch and see a lot of F1 and neither have ever said to me they want to be grid girls.

As for comments of latex playmates, I thought that generally the grid girls are dressed well.
I think you're missing the point. Not only is it about how your daughter's ambitions may be influenced but perpetuating the damaging narrative that woman are objects simply to be looked at, it also creates another generation of men who treat women as objects. I thought you guys watched for the racing, not to jerk off like horny little teenagers. There are plenty of mags and websites you can go to for that sort of thing.
let me ask you this - when you see a classic Greek nude woman statue in a museum somewhere, do you instantly feel the need to touch yourself? and if the answer is yes, do you think of yourself as true representative of the whole men gender? I don't know who came up with the sexual angle to this, it must be one troubled mind...

this whole nonissue is just another agenda from people who should not be in a position to be able to influence public opinion, they should be carrying bricks somewhere, or shoveling dirt, that would be infinitely more useful to society in general that this BS

NathanOlder

bonjon1979 wrote:

I think you're missing the point. Not only is it about how your daughter's ambitions may be influenced but perpetuating the damaging narrative that woman are objects simply to be looked at

Excuse me, BUT thats exactly what models are #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o were talking purely about models.

They ARE there to be looked at! and believe it or not, there will be millions world wide wishing to be a model! As for influencing my Daughters ambition, and anyones daughter for that matter, If they want to grow up and be a model, then go for it! whats wrong with that ? I dont need PC fools to tell me or my daughter what she should or shouldnt do.
Stop telling people they shouldnt be influenced or controlled when thats 100% exactly what people are doing day in , day out with this kind of crap.

:roll: rant over.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

https://talksport.com/motorsport/grid-g ... -exclusive

"A Formula 1 'Grid Girl' has criticised the decision to scrap the position, telling talkSPORT the sport's bosses have undermined gender equality by doing so."

but no one cares about the grid girls themselves. apparently about 50 girls per race weekend for F1. Thats over 1000 women world wide each year out of a particular job.

"Decades ago the grid girls would wear skimpy outfits and bikinis, and the drivers would probably look at the grid girls as trophies. That attitude has completely gone. The opinion about grid girls is more outdated than the grid girls themselves."
Last edited by NathanOlder on 31 Jan 2018, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

NathanOlder wrote:
31 Jan 2018, 21:51
bonjon1979 wrote:

I think you're missing the point. Not only is it about how your daughter's ambitions may be influenced but perpetuating the damaging narrative that woman are objects simply to be looked at

Excuse me, BUT thats exactly what models are #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o were talking purely about models.

They ARE there to be looked at! and believe it or not, there will be millions world wide wishing to be a model! As for influencing my Daughters ambition, and anyones daughter for that matter, If they want to grow up and be a model, then go for it! whats wrong with that ? I dont need PC fools to tell me or my daughter what she should or shouldnt do.
Stop telling people they shouldnt be influenced or controlled when thats 100% exactly what people are doing day in , day out with this kind of crap.

:roll: rant over.
Indeed.
I have 1 daughter and 1 son. They can both do whatever they damn well want to. All I will insist on is that they get a good education and don't sit on their backsides doing nothing when they get to working age. If they want to use their looks and/or bodies to make money that's fine as long as they are decent and don't use their intimate parts for it.

That's not allowed now though. Well unless those who think they know better say it's ok.
Can anyone remember the last time people were told what to think and do to this level? Nazi Germany would be my guess.

NathanOlder

well put mate. couldnt agree more.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

AJI
AJI

Restomaniac wrote:
31 Jan 2018, 21:20
Women are free to do what they want.....Until it doesn't suit the agenda at which point them being out of work is fine.

The irony is delicious. Ugly old men fighting for the rights of pretty women to be as unemployed as the 'less pretty' ones. The real irony is, it was probably their wives who suggested it...

NathanOlder

AJI wrote:
31 Jan 2018, 22:09
Restomaniac wrote:
31 Jan 2018, 21:20

The irony is delicious. Ugly old men fighting for the rights of pretty women to be as unemployed as the 'less pretty' ones. The real irony is, it was probably their wives who suggested it...

:lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

On second thoughts it is a toss up between Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia.

The irony is that the loony left that seem to run this world and also control what everyone is allowed to think and do ATM claim to dispose both.