USA fans: say goodbye NBC, hello ESPN

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
marmer

Re: USA fans: say goodbye NBC, hello ESPN

slightly off topic but a feed on youtube world wide feed would be nice with advert ticker along the bottom of the screen and no comm just for pure fans to watch would make money no doubt without really affecting tv viewers

Dazed1

I have been re-watching the last half of last season. It occurs to me I am going to miss hearing "conundrum" at least once every race. Maybe ESPN could encourage their announcers. :)

Moose

marmer wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 18:59
slightly off topic but a feed on youtube world wide feed would be nice with advert ticker along the bottom of the screen and no comm just for pure fans to watch would make money no doubt without really affecting tv viewers
Yeh, they are in theory launching a streaming service this year... https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13254 ... ng-service

MickelC

dren wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 14:02
I just canceled my cable and added Hulu live TV to my Hulu vpn subscription. It's still in beta form. I'm not sure if you all have Hulu outside of the States, but it's a streaming subscription package similar to Amazon Prime. I get cloud DVR support. The ESPN channels are part of the channel package. You can use it to log into any ESPN streaming feed, too. It's about $40/mo.
Well i have subscibed to hulu long ago. Now i am using it outside US along with Netflix. Watching the winter Olympics on hulu live. :mrgreen:

NathanOlder

Looks like the Americans will be treated to Brundle Crofty Hill Herbert & co. They are just going to use the Sky Sports coverage, with ad breaks no doubt.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Zynerji

NathanOlder wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 20:03
Looks like the Americans will be treated to Brundle Crofty Hill Herbert & co. They are just going to use the Sky Sports coverage, with ad breaks no doubt.
thank you, Lord.

giantfan10

Zynerji wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 06:07
NathanOlder wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 20:03
thank you, Lord.
aaagh no....if you are a lewis hamilton fan then this is great news..... if you are an F1 fan and just want unbiased coverage no matter what driver or team you are a fan of then this is bad news...at least NBC gave us unbiased coverage for the most part. That cannot be said for SKY with a straight face.

Zynerji

I'm not a Lewis Hamilton fan. But I have found over the last 10 years it's better to download the European coverage then watch the american coverage live. This just solved my whole problem!

bauc

Although there is F1 coverage on the Macedonian National TV for FREE I watch all the training sessions, qually and race on SKY F1 , they are the best but I must admit that they are also the biggest LH fans in the world and they are not hiding it at all, and sometimes this does upset me not due to the fact that I'm a Mclaren fan but due to the fact that I want the commentators to be as neutral as they can be. Martin Brundle does a superb job but he needs to cool down on LH, same for David Croft and Natalie
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

NathanOlder

Nothing wrong with Brits supporting a fellow brit. Or are the British no allowed to do that now ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

bauc

NathanOlder wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 17:06
Nothing wrong with Brits supporting a fellow brit. Or are the British no allowed to do that now ?
They provide international coverage, SKY F1 is watched all over the world they must be neutral if they are professionals like they are, I say again they are the best but sometimes they jump on the LH boat too quickly

Zynerji

A season of LH not winning it all in the best car might help that.

They are on the hype train, and their home driver has been winning it all lately.

I am fine with that. Even with the fanboi coverage, it is by far the best coverage and insight on the planet for F1.

NathanOlder

bauc wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 17:08
NathanOlder wrote:
They provide international coverage, SKY F1 is watched all over the world they must be neutral if they are professionals like they are, I say again they are the best but sometimes they jump on the LH boat too quickly
Where else is The UK coverage shown out of interest ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

bauc

NathanOlder wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 17:13
bauc wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 17:08
NathanOlder wrote:
Where else is The UK coverage shown out of interest ?

I have it on my satellite TV package in Macedonia, I'm sure most of the world has it as well.

NathanOlder

I thought it was intended for UK only.

how much do you pay to Sky for this ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.