2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
kaepernickus

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

iotar__ wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 14:06
At the glance, no Renault on the car to be seen? Renault giving the engines to McL was their first step in divorcing "we have many options" BS RB.
Red Bull's Renault engines were already branded TAG Heuer in 2017. Nothing new.

Nicktendo86

Gerhardsa wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 13:38
So let me rephrase that.

You've been told by a McLaren Aero guy ( a guy who would have only seen the RB14 today as well, and didn't have anything to do with the design of the RB14 ....obviously, and therefor can in no way whatsoever have any data on the aero of the RB14) that the RB interpretation of the Ferrari designed sidepod intakes, are less draggy?

Unless Stepney and Coughlan somehow found themselves at these teams and didn't learn their lessons from Spygate, I have my doubts
Maybe McLaren have a similar concept and the aero guy recognised it? I dunno.

jagunx51

ollandos wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 13:48
i like the middle of the car ...and i guess i am the only one who dont like this livery ..sorry but i have see dozen and better fantasy livery concepts for red-bull.....
Some green paint is hiding there .... a clue for the racing livery ?

............!!!!

bosyber

Re: Aston Martin Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer RB14

No, that's just part of the camo - shades of blue/gray - inclusive that greenish grey. Those different shades, and the irregular but blocky shape of them help make it more difficult to see where the real shades, body panels and edges are, and exactly how the lines of the bodywork run.

jagunx51

bosyber wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 15:02
No, that's just part of the camo - shades of blue/gray - inclusive that greenish grey. Those different shades, and the irregular but blocky shape of them help make it more difficult to see where the real shades, body panels and edges are, and exactly how the lines of the bodywork run.
I dont see them in the studiophoto, it is blue behind the Puma logo & on the barge board..... only on the "ASTON MARTIN" part is green, I dont think it is because of sunlight

............!!!!

Manoah2u

jagunx51 wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 15:13
bosyber wrote:
I dont see them in the studiophoto, it is blue behind the Puma logo & on the barge board..... only on the "ASTON MARTIN" part is green, I dont think it is because of sunlight

https://i.imgur.com/yzDGk1b.jpg
could it be as simple that the 'test' livery on the right side has some green but the left side simply doesn't?

left from the aston martin 'word' on the studio shot there's a greenish teint, as well as right above the 'o' of aston martin and the sidepod which says redbull on top of that.

looks to me like it is light tricks and that the right side of the car doesn't have the exact mirroring livery like the left side, probably to futher obscure shapes. it's clear that the right side is differently 'camo-ed' than the left, as the blocks on the barge boards on the RHD side of the car have a black block in it, and the LHD side has a 'narrow stripe'.

so it's just the livery itself and the light on it.i'm sure when we get [if] to see the other side of the studio shots you'll see much greener appearances there. i don't expect to see that though - i'm confident RB is trying to obscure the shapes as much as they can.

and it's indeed funny that they photoshopped the studio shots. surely to mess with the competition too.
Last edited by Manoah2u on 19 Feb 2018, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Holm86

Manoah2u wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 15:16
jagunx51 wrote:
bosyber wrote:

could it be as simple that the 'test' livery on the right side has some green but the left side simply doesn't?

left from the aston martin 'word' on the studio shot there's a greenish teint, as well as right above the 'o' of aston martin and the sidepod which says redbull on top of that.

looks to me like it is light tricks and that the right side of the car doesn't have the exact mirroring livery like the left side, probably to futher obscure shapes.
Yes, look right under the Citrix logo, same sort of greenish shade

Manoah2u

Holm86 wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 15:22
Manoah2u wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 15:16
jagunx51 wrote:

looks to me like it is light tricks and that the right side of the car doesn't have the exact mirroring livery like the left side, probably to futher obscure shapes.
Yes, look right under the Citrix logo, same sort of greenish shade
and that same goes for the barbe board / end plate where the side impact structure is mounted to which has the puma logo in white on top. there's a blue square, then a green one below it [studio shot]. the RHD side is upside down in that colour scheme.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

CBeck113

You can see it in the pictures from gandharva, for instance between the "d" and "B" on the side pod, but looking more blueish grey than green:

I'd say good camo!
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Look at the larger side image from the shakedown and you'll see the same color under and above the B in Red Bull and farther back on the engine cover. Might even be some on the RWEP. I say it's just an artifact of the camo

Gerhardsa

The green is defo present in the launch pics as well. The lighting and angles throw it off a bit indoors it seems

Jolle

Looking at the newly wrapped trucks, the team kit (on their twitter feed), looks like the livery for this year is going to be basically the same as last years.

gandharva

jagunx51

Astonmartin looks super on that camo

............!!!!

Zynerji

Gerhardsa wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 13:38
So let me rephrase that.

You've been told by a McLaren Aero guy ( a guy who would have only seen the RB14 today as well, and didn't have anything to do with the design of the RB14 ....obviously, and therefor can in no way whatsoever have any data on the aero of the RB14) that the RB interpretation of the Ferrari designed sidepod intakes, are less draggy?

Unless Stepney and Coughlan somehow found themselves at these teams and didn't learn their lessons from Spygate, I have my doubts
unless this mclaren aero guy is in the reverse engineering department, and he understands how these differing solutions work.