Toro Rosso STR13 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FvtecA

Re: Toro Rosso STR13 Speculation Thread

Manoah2u

could this 'simply' be last year's toro rosso that has the honda engine mounted to it and some parts tested?
or is it really the shakedown of the 2018 toro rosso?

if so, Renault and Toro Rosso have the most 'unchanged' cars.
It's not said that the extreme modifications we saw in the Williams, Alfa and Haas will actually work,
but if we were to base solely on exterior thoughts then Renault and Toro Rosso might be fighting in the back.

but, it's not as simple as that so will have to see.

anyway, looks extreeeeeemely similar to 2017 toro rosso,

with the exception of a little 'turn' on the sidepod vanes (the rest of it is 1 on 1 the same, including sidepods) and the actual nosecone itself (which is as simple as click-on-click-off) and the airbox, but even that is more bodywork as the actual 'rollbar' for 2017 was inside the airbox anyway. front wing is also the same. halo is the same.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

FvtecA wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 19:22
Except for the nose, looks more or less identical to their last test with halo.
lol, same thoughts at same time :mrgreen:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

iulian_florea

I think they were quiet about the event in order to avoid embarassment in case PU problems.
Anyway, good to see them up and running.
Also, reverting to a normal nose is very interesting, I had the impression that the Merc nose was the most sought after design, but it was hard to pass the crash test.

Squid

iulian_florea wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 19:55
I think they were quiet about the event in order to avoid embarassment in case PU problems.
Also, reverting to a normal nose is very interesting, I had the impression that the Merc nose was the most sought after design, but it was hard to pass the crash test.
They weren't quiet about it at all. If they wanted to keep it on the down low, they wouldn't have basically invited fans and journalists to come and watch by divulging where they were doing the shakedown and when.

godlameroso

Manoah2u wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 19:26
could this 'simply' be last year's toro rosso that has the honda engine mounted to it and some parts tested?
or is it really the shakedown of the 2018 toro rosso?

if so, Renault and Toro Rosso have the most 'unchanged' cars.
It's not said that the extreme modifications we saw in the Williams, Alfa and Haas will actually work,
but if we were to base solely on exterior thoughts then Renault and Toro Rosso might be fighting in the back.

but, it's not as simple as that so will have to see.

anyway, looks extreeeeeemely similar to 2017 toro rosso,

https://www.formule1.nl/app/uploads/201 ... 00x400.jpg

with the exception of a little 'turn' on the sidepod vanes (the rest of it is 1 on 1 the same, including sidepods) and the actual nosecone itself (which is as simple as click-on-click-off) and the airbox, but even that is more bodywork as the actual 'rollbar' for 2017 was inside the airbox anyway. front wing is also the same. halo is the same.
You can see through the photoshop and motion blur and water spray?
Saishū kōnā

ScottB

iulian_florea wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 19:55
Is it a weight concern? The Merc style being harder to pass the test, perhaps it requires more / heavier material than running the 'thumb' style, at least for TR?

GhostF1

There is no way that will be the final livery. it's identical to last year. Surely they knew there would be journos around. The car will be different on Monday for sure.

As for details... It's too hard to compare whether it's the final form and you can barely see the details

HPD

I like the livery.

And I agree with the opinion of the majority, it seems that TR brings few innovative things.
But as @ Monoah2u says, innovative things may or may not work.

ScrewCaptain27

HPD wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 14:47
https://twitter.com/ToroRosso/status/966280959099396096

Journalists also see a predominant white color :?:
It stutters on upshifts just like last year’s McLaren. NOT a good sign, implying Honda STILL have not solved their vibration issues.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

nzjrs

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
22 Feb 2018, 00:13
HPD wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 14:47
https://twitter.com/ToroRosso/status/966280959099396096

Journalists also see a predominant white color :?:
It stutters on upshifts just like last year’s McLaren. NOT a good sign, implying Honda STILL have not solved their vibration issues.
No one worth their salt would reasonably describe the vibration problems at the start of 2017 as "Honda's issue"

jagunx51

............!!!!

F1Krof

OMG, looks so naked without the HALO. It is already imprinted in my mind #-o
Wroom wroom

NathanOlder

Replace naked with stunningly sexy
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0