2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

roon

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

The wings across the rear wing are a nice touch.

marmer

Sevach wrote:https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/horn ... s-1009176/

Horner is going at it already.
Well he is the only team boss on the grid who can directly know what two current engines produce in terms of power. So if he is mouthing off already about performance then that I think is less because he wants to catch Mercedes and more about not being caught by a honda powered junior team

rayden

call me crazy, but I don't see anything controversial or headline worthy in those quotes at all.

rayden wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 02:28
call me crazy, but I don't see anything controversial or headline worthy in those quotes at all.
It's RB and Horner. About the only thing more polarizing is HAM :lol:

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

bauc

I think by end of May is a bit too hard and it will never happen, but as Mclaren have shown you really need that decision by mid July at latest so it does not affect your car building process, otherwise you will end up chasing missed weeks of development ect.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

munudeges

RB and Horner have been consistent in their pressure on Renault. They want to win.

Manoah2u

Personally, i think Cyril is the biggest flaw in the entire situation.

A relationship that once was the greatest, RedBull and Renault, went completely opposite, and by now, it's more a game of 'ego' than anything else,
and i blame Cyril for that. I don't know what his goal / endgame is, but i never got the feeling they were intending to 'help' RedBull in anyway, despite exactly
that team being the one that got them 4 championships in a row, with the same people at the helm still - except for Cyril, whom came in from Caterham from all places!
And then there's the Toro Rosso - Renault situation last year.

This is helping nobody. I hope Honda will be able to fix their issues really soon - OR, that in the background, there's a 'secret' AstonMartin-Cosworth engine being prepared.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Vladimir

I hope that Red Bull and Renault brake away one and for all.
There was so much negative pressure and public disgrace from Red Bull people.
They think money will make heritage and F1 pedigree for them, but they lost.

nokivasara

Vladimir wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 14:48
I agree! They've been slugging it out like Mclaren did with Honda, I really don't like that kind of business management.
They had a good run, now it's time for both to look elsewhere...

RonDennis

nokivasara wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 19:25
Vladimir wrote:
I agree! They've been slugging it out like Mclaren did with Honda, I really don't like that kind of business management.
Like McLaren did with Honda? Isn't that bit harsh? The relationship clearly didn't work, but I thought both played it quite nice while they were in a far worse place than Red Bull/Renault.

bauc wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 15:08
I think by end of May is a bit too hard and it will never happen, but as Mclaren have shown you really need that decision by mid July at latest so it does not affect your car building process, otherwise you will end up chasing missed weeks of development ect.
I think it will happen, because Renault is probably getting tired by the daily remarks by Horner and Tost. It certainly won't make this year any easier for Red Bull, cause you already can tell what will happen after that.

FightingHellPhish

Manoah2u wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 16:17
Personally, i think Cyril is the biggest flaw in the entire situation.

A relationship that once was the greatest, RedBull and Renault, went completely opposite, and by now, it's more a game of 'ego' than anything else,
and i blame Cyril for that. I don't know what his goal / endgame is, but i never got the feeling they were intending to 'help' RedBull in anyway, despite exactly
that team being the one that got them 4 championships in a row, with the same people at the helm still - except for Cyril, whom came in from Caterham from all places!
And then there's the Toro Rosso - Renault situation last year.

This is helping nobody. I hope Honda will be able to fix their issues really soon - OR, that in the background, there's a 'secret' AstonMartin-Cosworth engine being prepared.
It is entirely possible that the Renault engine will never make the power it needs to. At this point I think Renaults just trying to drag a customer along long enough to keep the checks coming to help fund the new formulas engine. Rather karma like too as Renault was a major reason this silly engine rule package is even a thing.

nokivasara

RonDennis wrote:
01 Mar 2018, 01:30
nokivasara wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 19:25
Vladimir wrote:
Like McLaren did with Honda? Isn't that bit harsh? The relationship clearly didn't work, but I thought both played it quite nice while they were in a far worse place than Red Bull/Renault.

bauc wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 15:08
I think it will happen, because Renault is probably getting tired by the daily remarks by Horner and Tost. It certainly won't make this year any easier for Red Bull, cause you already can tell what will happen after that.
Yeah, maybe it was a bit harsh. Anyway, I think they will go separate ways after this year, with RB running a Honda engine next.

jagunx51

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/890836/1/k ... toro-rosso
Toro Rosso technical chief James Key is not concerned about no longer being Honda's exclusive Formula 1 power unit partner in 2019 should Red Bull strike an engine deal, believing it can only be a good thing for the B-team.

Toro Rosso picked up works engine support from Honda for 2018 following the Japanese manufacturer's split from McLaren, with the deal appearing to open the door for a possible deal between its senior team, Red Bull, and Honda for next season.

Red Bull F1 chief Christian Horner confirmed the team was keeping its options open for the future and would be paying close attention to how Honda fared with Toro Rosso through 2018, but has until May to give existing engine partner Renault a decision for next season.

Although Toro Rosso would lose its exclusive works backing and become the secondary partner were the larger Red Bull operation to receive Honda support, Key feels it would only act as a boost to the team.

"What Red Bull Racing do is ultimately their decision in the end, but if we can share an engine supplier, it would be very good," Key said.

"I think it’s an opportunity to work closer together on certain aspects, which would be good for both teams. So in that respect I have no issues with it.

"We have a separate deal to whatever Red Bull would have. It’s not a combined contract, it’s an STR contract for three years as a works deal.

"I think if Red Bull came onboard, it could only be added to that for us."
............!!!!