Force India VJM11

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Manoah2u

Re: Force India VJM11

i must say, that is a fantastic action shot

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Morteza

FI have added aero bits on the halo for today (Via @AlbertFabrega)

Via @MotorsportWeek
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

vas_04614

Force India still to reveal new name and 2018 car

As per this, Full car will come on Wednesday or Thursday. Not sure how much correct their information is.

Ashwinv16

Ofmar did say that
Halo not as bad as we thought

IamLegend

vas_04614 wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 11:45

As per this, Full car will come on Wednesday or Thursday. Not sure how much correct their information is.
Brilliant move once again! They make money off the first 2 days of testing, giving the remodded 2017 car and if they happen to be in a crash, not an issue because the 2018 beast is still sitting tight in the garage! =D> SFi is surely playing it's cards close to the chest. :mrgreen:

Raleigh

I’m calling rubbish on “this isn’t the VJM11”, the sidepods on this car are considerably refined in shape from the VJM10 which would be the last possible thing you could change on an interim test-mule.

BloodLad91

The car in testing is vjm11 but lot of parts are carry-over from last year.
Front wing, under chassis vanes, bargeboard, floor, diffuser all parts are 2017 version except cooling and halo.
The new parts will be on the car as soon as thursday or in melbourne upgrade package.

wesley123

vas_04614 wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 11:45

a.k.a "We didn't have the parts ready in time. In fact, we only just finished the car in time, else we would have shown the car before testing started"
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

zac510

Team Principal's idea of a new car and tech forum fan's idea of a new car are often quite different. Tomorrow's car sounds like what they used to call a B-spec :)

ScrewCaptain27

New triple flap on the Halo (AMuS):
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

NutritionFact

Weather is not the best
"In my time the Pit babe was there instead of the telemetry."
Gerhard Berger

wesley123

zac510 wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 18:13
Team Principal's idea of a new car and tech forum fan's idea of a new car are often quite different. Tomorrow's car sounds like what they used to call a B-spec :)
Best case scenario they'll put on a different aero package. This car is the VJM11, it has a few details that are different. The most significant is the steering arm, which indicates a new tub.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

digitalrurouni

I hope they paint the extra carbon bits on the halo pink cause it it just is jarring. Also I don't recall this in their last year's car but this year's car seems to be running a lot of rake!!

IamLegend

Raleigh wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 16:58
I’m calling rubbish on “this isn’t the VJM11”, the sidepods on this car are considerably refined in shape from the VJM10 which would be the last possible thing you could change on an interim test-mule.
How much of our hand will we show in the two weeks of testing in Barcelona?

AG: “I expect our car to be on a comparable level to the end of last season - a more refined version of it but one that shares its same philosophy. What comes after we start bringing upgrades, however, is a completely different way of thinking. It is important we set ourselves a good baseline and a good foundation of knowledge, so that when we make the changes we are planning we know exactly what we are doing.

“Barcelona in February is not very representative of what we will experience during the season – few places are – even more so now that it has been resurfaced. We will witness massive amounts of track evolution over the next two weeks, so the way that influences our set-up decisions and the direction of our development will have to be assessed very carefully. Given the changes to the track surface, we have no real idea where the start point is but we know it will be very different from previous years. It will certainly keep our tyres guys busy.

“We tend to view winter testing less as an occasion for performance and set-up running and more as a chance to focus on fingerprinting our car and understanding what we have. Have we delivered what we thought we would? Answering this takes a lot of mapping work and this is what we will be doing in Barcelona. We will be checking the car to see if it operates as we designed it. Of course, we will also focus on accumulating mileage for reliability – we cannot take our eye off it. Our reliability last year was outstanding: we set the bar very high and we have got to keep it there. The next two weeks will be crucial to make sure we have designed a solid vehicle and take care of any teething problems, so that when we hit the track in Australia we don’t have anything to be overly worried about.”

http://www.forceindiaf1.com/news/incent ... drew-green

Still think it's rubbish?